LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Vibration at freeway speeds

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-20, 07:20 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Thats absurd, my 2015 AWD car had no such vibration.
Old 08-06-20, 09:10 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Go to another dealer, they are either lazy or incompetent. Still sounds like the same issue I had, as noted above.
Old 08-07-20, 07:09 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by mbarron37
Go to another dealer, they are either lazy or incompetent. Still sounds like the same issue I had, as noted above.
Or call corporate... Sounds like a valid attempt to get it resolved was done. It sounds like getting to someone who will make sure it's fixed is needed. The dealer does not want to do that on a used car.
Old 08-07-20, 08:35 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Originally Posted by DavidinCT
Or call corporate... Sounds like a valid attempt to get it resolved was done. It sounds like getting to someone who will make sure it's fixed is needed. The dealer does not want to do that on a used car.
Disagree. I purchased my car used and not from the dealer that services it. For the dealer to say that this is normal for an AWD LS is absurd. I would definitely look to another dealer.

I have had two AWD LS’s and both had a vibration issue when the car was decelerating. In both cases, the front axle was replaced and that fixed the issue.

That dealer or another one needs to dig a little deeper. In my case, luckily the replacement of the front axles was covered under the drivetrain warranty. Dealers generally will not turn away service business, as that is highly lucrative. If anything, they usually try to sell you more than you need lol.

At the very least I would try another dealer or attempt to find a reputable shop that specializes in Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Maybe it is something as simple as a tire or rim issue.

OP, please keep this thread updated if you find a solution to your problem. Good luck!!!
The following users liked this post:
econney1 (12-29-21)
Old 08-08-20, 08:50 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by mbarron37
Disagree. I purchased my car used and not from the dealer that services it. For the dealer to say that this is normal for an AWD LS is absurd. I would definitely look to another dealer.
Just wondering why you disagree with me. If you made a valid attempt to get it fixed at a Lexus dealer, and the the dealer is telling you that it is NORMAL, when it is not, you do have a few options. You can find another dealer, odds are very far from where live OR, like I said, call Corporate, I mean Lexus Corporate.

Lexus Corporate will open a case and make sure it's resolved if it's under warranty and if you are valid that you tried, they will go out of their way to make sure it's resolved.

The dealer does NOT want you to call Corporate, they WILL fix the issue if a case comes down from them but, it does not look good for the dealer.

THIS IS, of course, if you got your car from an official Lexus dealer...
Old 08-08-20, 09:36 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Originally Posted by DavidinCT
Just wondering why you disagree with me. If you made a valid attempt to get it fixed at a Lexus dealer, and the the dealer is telling you that it is NORMAL, when it is not, you do have a few options. You can find another dealer, odds are very far from where live OR, like I said, call Corporate, I mean Lexus Corporate.

Lexus Corporate will open a case and make sure it's resolved if it's under warranty and if you are valid that you tried, they will go out of their way to make sure it's resolved.

The dealer does NOT want you to call Corporate, they WILL fix the issue if a case comes down from them but, it does not look good for the dealer.

THIS IS, of course, if you got your car from an official Lexus dealer...
Definitely agree with opening a case, but this issue is not normal for any LS. For some reason that dealer either was not interested in finding the problem or they do not have a tech that has enough experience. For the dealer to tell the OP that this is normal for an LS is crazy.

I would definitely find another dealer or a good independent. An LS should be smooth as silk on the road, assuming good tires, balancing and alignment.
The following users liked this post:
DavidinCT (08-08-20)
Old 08-09-20, 12:34 PM
gordo53
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I've opened a case with Lexus. Should hear from them in a day or two. The is a one owner, "no accidents", Lexus certified car with 31k miles on it. I'm 66 years old and I've never had such a negative car buying experience. Hopefully, Lexus will have something positive to say. Thanks to all for the replies. More to come.
Old 08-09-20, 12:46 PM
gordo53
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also spoke with the dealer's used car manager last Friday. He told me that there was nothing that could be done to fix my car and that they would look for another 2017 LS 460. I have no idea what they will offer if they find one. This is a Lexus dealer for those who asked.