LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

07 LS460L installed the prestigious society NAV bypass...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-12, 06:24 AM
lexus600hl
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by InRBigness
It is more to override the nav system so you can use the locked out options when you are moving. Love mine, worth every penny if just for convenience.
I was reading FAQ on P.S. website. They mention a remote wired switch.
from their FAQ
"Will any of my navigation features be affected when the system is activated?
When our system is activated the map interface will be temporarily suspended. This is not an issue as the purpose of activating our system is to gain access to other interfaces such as address inputting or phone features. Upon completing your task, simply deactivate our system and the map will resume operation and most importantly the GPS will re-establish and recalibrate your position on the map interface."

So, we turn the switch on, enter the data and then turn switch off and let GPS take over? is that how it works? How about selecting one of 3 routes option? Is that still available, with the switch on?

Last edited by lexus600hl; 11-04-12 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-04-12, 08:11 PM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Everything you can do with the car stopped you can do while the car is in motion with the override. As stated, you activate the NAVI button (red) to enter data then push the button again to deactivate it and the GPS reacquires sigal automatically. Same with phone, calendar, etc.
For DVD's you activate the TV button (green) and leave it on to watch the movie.
I've had it for four years -- great system!
Old 11-04-12, 08:17 PM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jlawr
Everything you can do with the car stopped you can do while the car is in motion with the override. As stated, you activate the NAVI button (red) to enter data then push the button again to deactivate it and the GPS reacquires sigal automatically. Same with phone, calendar, etc.
For DVD's you activate the TV button (green) and leave it on to watch the movie.
I've seen the DIY and it involves removal of several parts of the dash to get to the back of the NAV unit. Would any of the popular places install this or I have to find a dependable indi? I just hate to take all that stuff apart and cause new dash and console rattles and even void the OEM warranty.
Old 11-05-12, 12:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

you can maybe try yourself. i can do it pretty quickly. it's not too bad. but otherwise most audio shops can probably do it
Old 11-05-12, 01:30 PM
escapedcon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone in the Chicagoland area that can help me with this installation? I'd rather give the bussiness to one of you guys that have this done by a random car installer out there..

plus, I'm sure you'll give me a better deal also
Old 11-07-12, 06:58 AM
escapedcon
Driver

you talk about 2 buttons here but I got one with only 1 black button.

do the new revisions only have one button or did I get the wrong one? (I do have the ML system with DVD so I need DVD override also)

btw, I'm scheduled to get this baby installed at Car Mania in Arlington Heights this Friday. $100 for installation. not bad
Old 11-07-12, 07:28 AM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a 2008 LS 460 Base Model with Mark Levinson Audio.
This is what the buttons look like with me PS Override. Red NAVI, green TV:
Attached Thumbnails 07 LS460L installed the prestigious society NAV bypass...-buttons.jpg  
Old 11-07-12, 08:23 AM
escapedcon
Driver

I have a 2008 LS 460 Base Model with Mark Levinson Audio.
This is what the buttons look like with me PS Override. Red NAVI, green TV:
when did you purchase it? mine only has 1 black button...
Old 11-07-12, 09:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

the older kits had 2, the newer ones have 1

if it's for 2010+, there is no button
Old 11-24-12, 08:21 PM
tfrancois
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
yes, without ML it's a cd changer not dvd changer so there is no way you can play a dvd in there
Not true. I have the Rear Entertainment System with no Mark Levinson (I'm positive about this) and I can play DVDs on my NAV screen when parked. I was so sure this was not possible because ever where I read said you had to have the ML system to be able to watch DVDs. As long as you have the RES I think you're all set! I'm psyched!!!
Old 11-24-12, 10:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by tfrancois
Not true. I have the Rear Entertainment System with no Mark Levinson (I'm positive about this) and I can play DVDs on my NAV screen when parked. I was so sure this was not possible because ever where I read said you had to have the ML system to be able to watch DVDs. As long as you have the RES I think you're all set! I'm psyched!!!
what year is your ls?

and they make ls with rses and no ML? i have to say this is a first. do you have a picture of the front navigation screen and radio head unit? i want to see that. so you can stick a dvd video in the front head unit and play video? or video from the rear dvd player
Old 11-24-12, 10:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by tfrancois
actually looking at your other 3 posts, are you talking about ls460 or your rx350?! they are different car and different systems, and my statement ONLY applied to ls460.

case in point? 2013 gs, ML or not it's a dvd player up front
Old 11-25-12, 11:39 AM
RandyV
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

How does the PS system compare to the Vaistech unit?

I like the price of the PS unit.
Old 11-25-12, 10:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by RandyV
How does the PS system compare to the Vaistech unit?

I like the price of the PS unit.
what units are you comparing?

ps has nav override, vaistech is ipod integration. 2 different things?
Old 11-27-12, 01:36 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
actually looking at your other 3 posts, are you talking about ls460 or your rx350?! they are different car and different systems, and my statement ONLY applied to ls460.

case in point? 2013 gs, ML or not it's a dvd player up front
hey rom whats this ML your talking about ?? it has to have mark levinson to play dvd's even if it has navi ??

Quick Reply: 07 LS460L installed the prestigious society NAV bypass...