LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Official 2013 Lexus LS460/460L/600hL & F-Sport thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-12, 02:48 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

LS has night vision, but not in the USA... but GS has it in the USA, although it is hard to find... complicated :-)
Old 08-06-12, 02:51 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
didnt i mentioned it to you when you said you expect the car to drive exactly the same and to not notice any difference once you sit in it :P

and also those are not in the specs either.
I stopped paying attention to this thread for a while now, I didn't see your reply.

Yes this is a huge upgrade to the suspension, if we can get it. If it is like the case with the last GSh, most of those cars never got this feature even though it is suppose to be "available". It is suppose to be an option on the GS460 too, I don't think any of those cars got it.

So yes, I still believe cars without this active sway bar to feel about the same as before the update.
Old 08-06-12, 02:54 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
yup, that's just a fact, and lexus owners are usually more conscious on options, so it's hard to fork out that much extra for that gain (until they drive the car)
The typical Lexus owners drive so slow, roll stiffness simply don't apply to them.

All the Lexus owners here on this CL forum that care about roll stiffness, represent a very tiny percentage of the total Lexus owner population.
Old 08-06-12, 06:00 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

ok, so that you guys dont think i am always optimistic and positive :-)

I have read 2013 LS PR from EU:

The new LS has over 3000 changes, including three world first, and no less than 15
Lexus first, features and technical innovations

Through a new 4-wheel interlock control evolution of the Adaptive Variable Suspension
(AVS)
, pitch and bounce control has been enhanced to give an even flatter, roadhugging
ride.

A Lexus first, it can
be equipped with all-LED exterior lighting, including vertical foglamps incorporating the
world’s smallest PES lens, and unique, L-shaped, seamless light tube Daytime Running
Lights (DRLs).

Rear-wheel drive LS 460 models further benefit from the addition of a Torsen® limited
slip differential and paddle shift incorporating automatic throttle blipping
on
downshifts. And LS 600h versions are equipped with an Active Stabiliser System.
The LS 460 F SPORT also adds an intake sound creator to the engine, amplifying the
vibration of the intake pulse and introducing it into the cabin.

new luxury sedan may be fitted with Lexus-first, hollow chamber
noise reduction wheels
, which lower front cabin noise.

The front seats have been further improved and, a world first, both front and rear seat
climate control and the steering wheel rim heater
may now be automatically
incorporated in the operation of the new Lexus Climate Concierge air conditioning
system featuring up to 13 sensors managed by a central ECU.

The LS’s beautifully crafted interior is complimented by the world’s first Advanced
Illumination System (AIS), featuring new, Champagne White interior lamps and dynamic
LED instrument panel lighting.

The new Advanced Pre-Crash Safety system (A-PCS) with collision avoidance assist is
the most advanced pre-collision active safety system in the industry

A newly developed Adaptive High-beam System (AHS) automatically switches between
low, high and shielded beam modes
and can increase the average time spent driving
under high beam illumination.

The Lane-Keep Assist system (LKA) has been upgraded to offer assistance in response to
road camber changes and crosswinds
. A Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) system and Lexus
Night view
are also available.

active stabilizers probably non-usa... rest of it is good news...
Old 08-06-12, 06:35 PM
Car Nut
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
ok, so that you guys dont think i am always optimistic and positive :-)

I have read 2013 LS PR from EU:

active stabilizers probably non-usa... rest of it is good news...
Truly an advanced automobile. I think we all are waiting for the first test drive report.
Old 08-06-12, 07:04 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

p.s. that steering wheel probably does have a sensor too, one out of 13 interior sensors... thats pretty cool IMHO.
Old 08-06-12, 07:12 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

great stuff!!!
Old 08-06-12, 07:50 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I think they are pushing it a bit when saying that they have 3 world firsts on this updated LS. I have yet to distinguish what makes this PCS more advanced than other automakers, a difference way of incorporating ambient lighting? sure....
Old 08-06-12, 09:44 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RXSF
I think they are pushing it a bit when saying that they have 3 world firsts on this updated LS. I have yet to distinguish what makes this PCS more advanced than other automakers, a difference way of incorporating ambient lighting? sure....
probably combination of all of the features, like automatic braking, full stop pcs, together with it being expensive system that can react faster and smarter than similar systems in cheaper cars...
Old 08-07-12, 08:32 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by RXSF
Well the 2006 version debuted 11 or so and this is a refresh, not a new car so 3 more isn't bad. At least its arguably a worlds first, how many vehicles debut with not an iota of innovation that people fap off too?

I haven't seen sales targets announced yet for this LS but surely sales will go up. What is of true curiosity for me and surely many here is will the new aggressive front end keep loyal buyers. I am sure it will attract new ones but what will the past traditional LS market think? Will they put up with it? The only other Asian entry is the Equus and I don't see any mass exodus there. So the other options are German.

Many of us were here for the E65 and while that was a completely new car it did bring in new buyers and younger buyers to BMW. It did **** off traditional buyers but the car never sold better though they changed sales strategies.

The bottom line is while there is still a lot of relative nit-picking and *****ing about the LS no other Asian brand or car has pushed remotely close to where the LS is. Everything people have asked for in one way or another is being offered. We have to give Lexus big kudos for offering a true F-sport version of the car which extends where the original "sport" started. It is clear they are listening to customers who desire more sport in the LS. Surely there was A LOT of internal fighting to make this happen.

After F-sport the next logical step are true F cars. Surely if the market responds with F-sport LS sales like the GS a true "F" model will come.

Surely the next 600h L will use an Atkinson cycle engine and get other substantial hybrid upgrades. This being a refresh, it didn't get any hybrid changes it seems.
Old 08-07-12, 01:46 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Lexus has clearly taken a kaizen approach to the refreshed LS, opting for many incremental changes that will significantly alter the car. The LS is truly more than the sum of its parts. Wait for the test drive: I bet the driving dynamics on the F Sport will see substantial improvement. It's nice to see a subtle approach to luxury. That's appropriate for a flagship IMHO. Maybe i'm being too optimistic?
Old 08-07-12, 08:39 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I haven't seen sales targets announced yet for this LS but surely sales will go up. What is of true curiosity for me and surely many here is will the new aggressive front end keep loyal buyers. I am sure it will attract new ones but what will the past traditional LS market think? Will they put up with it? The only other Asian entry is the Equus and I don't see any mass exodus there. So the other options are German. "

In response to the above quote by 1SICKLEX, I would be considered a traditional Lexus customer and if my preference is an indication, I love the new aggressive front. In fact, I love everything about the new LS. I bet that this model will be a huge success for Lexus from both older customers (like myself) and a new generation of younger customers.

I like the new LS so much that I will be selling my 2008 LS460L (already have 2 willing buyers in my area) and I am going to order the new 2013 LS460 (SWB) with AWD and basically every available option except the rear cool box and ottoman seating. I think that the rear cool box shrinks the trunk space somewhat so the heck with the cool box.
Old 08-08-12, 03:47 PM
Car Nut
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Things are very quiet. Perhaps everyone is waiting for the road test reports later this week.
Old 08-08-12, 04:22 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think my CD and Motortrend just expired since I avn't received this month's issue. Geez, I won't be able to read the road test first hand!
Old 08-08-12, 05:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
I think my CD and Motortrend just expired since I avn't received this month's issue. Geez, I won't be able to read the road test first hand!
and you care what they say about cars these days?!

Quick Reply: Official 2013 Lexus LS460/460L/600hL & F-Sport thread