LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

My LS 460 L Is Too Nice To Drive

Old 06-09-12, 08:12 AM
Enigma869
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My LS 460 L Is Too Nice To Drive

Okay...I've come to a rather odd conclusion after putting a whopping 1000 miles on my LS 460 L in 6 months. This damn car is too nice to drive. I've owned many nice cars in my life, and never quite felt as though one of them was too nice to leave the garage. Has anyone else felt this way about your car? I know...I'm nuts

I have young children, and I won't even let them in the car (we have several other "family" cars). I then realize if I go to a store, I park as far away as I possibly can (good think I need the exercise) to avoid dings and dents. Ahhhh...the stress of owning an LS 460. I think I should have purchased the 430, which would have stressed me a whole lot less. The 430 is certainly a nice car but doesn't have the same "wow" factor for me.

John
Old 06-09-12, 08:26 AM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

My LS definitely is in the garage more than out on the road. If I drive it an entire week is gets pretty filthy. Dust, bugs, etc.. I usually only have it out a couple days a week and only for about half the year because of our winters.
Old 06-09-12, 08:36 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

I thought this way at first but after losing some friends of mine recently to random medical related items like heart attacks etc who were in their 30s just like me, I said F it and I am enjoying my life and my car because I work hard and pay for it each month...I just make sure to not park near haters or potential spaces where kids will open doors fast without a care in the world, usually spaces closer to entrances. I know have that Bawse feeling each and every time I get in my car after selling my daily driver. I live 8 miles from work now vs 25 so people may have a commuting situation I suppose...remember..we cant take our toys with us when we go..enjoy them while you can
Old 06-09-12, 09:51 AM
FrankyBoy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I buy cars to drive and not sit around in the garage. My LS is my daily driver and love every minute of it! Drive it man! Life is too short.
Old 06-09-12, 10:01 AM
mafitch
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why buy something and not use it? It's not as if it's collectable, or appreciating while sitting there. I've put 2700 miles on mine in 2 months.

Unless you've discovered some new fetish for staring at cars while they sit in a garage; drive it!

Just my personal view.
Old 06-09-12, 10:30 AM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i wont lie i love driving it but i agree its too nice and in my line of work ( electrician) most guys buy big trucks ! i drive it but most of time not as my daily. i love driving it but love my commuter for work. i have had mines for a year and ive put about 5000 miles on her but as the mods start comming together you cant help but ride around in it to show off your accomplishment.
Old 06-09-12, 11:19 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I agree with CJITY, Frankyboy & Mafitch life is short enjoy your car.

I bought it to drive it! It's my DD and helps my 64 mile round trip pleasant while enduring ATL's hellacious traffic four days a week. I love driving the 460, sometimes when I see another one I look at like I don't own one. It is a beautiful car, I feel so fortunate to own one, hell I owed two LS in my lifetime so far and thinking back when I was younger never would have imagined it. Yes it is very nice car, not museum nice but very nice to want to drive it all the time.

Speaking of where we park our 460's you are not alone....
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...highlight=Park
Old 06-09-12, 12:46 PM
GregCon
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

One of the reasons I drive Lexuses (?) is I know in 20 years the car will be gone, and I won't miss it on bit. They're meant to be used.
Old 06-09-12, 01:28 PM
ehaze
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

could care less who drives my car or any car i've owned.

thank god i didn't have a father like you. "ohh, no son, dont get in the CAR!"

hell, i learned how to drive a stick in my dads porsche. little brother was in the backseat and puke all over the place because i was soooo jerky with the clutch!
Old 06-09-12, 02:34 PM
Enigma869
Driver

Originally Posted by ehaze
could care less who drives my car or any car i've owned.

thank god i didn't have a father like you. "ohh, no son, dont get in the CAR!"

hell, i learned how to drive a stick in my dads porsche. little brother was in the backseat and puke all over the place because i was soooo jerky with the clutch!
Thanks to all for the feedback. You Sir, are WAY out of line. Not sure why you feel the need to take a shot at someone you don't know. My son is very well taken care of and for the record, he is all of 5 years old, so it's not like I'm the one stopping him from driving my Lexus. These damn MA laws simply don't think it's a good idea for five year olds to drive. I simply don't want him in the back seat pressing on the buttons on the center console in the backseat. If it makes me a rotten dad because I don't want to incur thousands of dollars in repairs because my son decided he wanted to have fun by lifting and raising the motorized DVD player from the ceiling 2000 times, then so be it

John

Last edited by Enigma869; 06-09-12 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-09-12, 03:07 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would never buy anything nice just to look at it unless it is art. I like to get every dollar out of my purchases. People look at me crazy for wearing my Rolex everyday. Sure it has some dings and scratches, but why buy something nice and stress about keeping it in mint condition so much that you can't enjoy it? Same thing for my cars. I'm not saying I don't take care of my nice possessions. I take good care of my stuff, but I'm not going to be obsessed about every nick and scratch.

My bumper got scratched, so I had it repainted. My seat unexplainedly got a rip in it, so I had it fixed. Not a big deal!

My old man is kind of like you. I refuse to buy him nice stuff because he feels the need to stash it because he is afraid to use it! I want him to use the dang stuff! Crazy...
Old 06-09-12, 03:39 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I usually put on about 10-12K a year on the LS, and about 18K on the 4Runner. So I guess it's not that bad..
Old 06-09-12, 05:15 PM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

I try to drive the LS as much as can but I feel like I'm still not driving it enough, I'm only averaging 6-7k a year on it.
Old 06-09-12, 05:34 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FrankyBoy
I buy cars to drive and not sit around in the garage. My LS is my daily driver and love every minute of it! Drive it man! Life is too short.
This
Old 06-09-12, 08:47 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I enjoy my LS as a daily driver as well. If the car is nice why not treat yourself and your family. Pretty funny that you don't let your kids in the car. Just buy a couple of bottles of the Lexus leather cleaner and conditioner and you should be able to handle any kind of spill

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My LS 460 L Is Too Nice To Drive