LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

YOUR Lexus National Service Record - Useful for Potential purchases !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-12, 03:54 PM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation YOUR Lexus National Service Record - Useful for Potential purchases also !!!

To quote Lexus .... “Another benefit of maintaining your vehicle at your Lexus dealer is the Lexus National Service History database. A first of its kind in the automotive industry, this system keeps track of your vehicle's service history. As long as you have your vehicle serviced at a Lexus dealership, there will always be a record of which repairs have been done and, more importantly, which repairs still need to be performed — no matter which Lexus dealership you take your vehicle to.”

Not too shabby. M-B has this also, but only a qualified person @ M-B dealership can access these records. However, with Any LEXUS vehicle, all you actually need is a valid VIN # !

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home

To access, all you need do is:
a) Visit this site and register: You do NOT have to even own the vehicle.
b) Step #2 is where you “register” a vehicle by entering a VIN number.

Like the VIN of some Lexus you‘re considering purchasing !

Better than that, if you do own this Lexus, YOU can update this National Service history ! Yourself. Like, for locally-performed oil/filter changes.

For example, I live 85 or more miles from a Lexus dealer, and I don’t care to pay “dealer prices” for an oil/filter change. Plus I want to only use fully synthetic oil in our LS460. So my local mechanic can perform this change, (for Warranty purposes), using my oil and filters, and then I can go to the Lexus Drivers website and update this “national service history” myself.

Try this – You might like it.

I realize not all Lexus owners have their Lexus' serviced @ dealers, but a majority do. And this fast and easy method allows potential buyers to at least get a glimpse of the service history of what they are considering buying. And this KEWL tool works for ALL models !! - Plus the rest of us can keep our Service History Up-To-Date and Complete, when servicing is performed locally, rather than at a recognized Lexus dealer (oil changes, alignments, etc).

Best Wishes to all !@
Mikey Lulejian – Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited by Mikey100; 01-04-12 at 09:35 PM.
Old 06-11-12, 02:22 AM
phenomeno
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks mikey! Great resource. I just registered but need to grab my VIN. Thanks again.
Old 06-11-12, 05:54 AM
FLDJM
Driver School Candidate

Great tool but looks like it has some limitations, copied from bottom of the site

. All owner-reported service history records will be made available to the person who input the information on the site but will not be shared with future owners of the vehicle
Old 08-30-12, 01:22 PM
phins2rt
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks Mikey. I found some valuable info on a potential purchase.
Old 08-30-12, 02:54 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I used it when I got my LS and it had some useful info but I wish the descriptions of the work done had a description of the complaints when the last owner brought it in. It was nice to know that the last guy serviced the car every 5k miles at a Lexus dealership
Old 03-03-14, 02:45 PM
allntrl
Driver School Candidate

I know this is super old, but does anyone have access to more in depth service records for our cars? This service only lists a short little generic blip of what has been performed recently. Can anyone assist? Thanks!
Old 03-03-14, 03:20 PM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

You can call the servicing dealer they may help. When I was researching my LS I called them to clarify a couple of items and they were very helpful. Not sure all will be that helpful but it worth a try.
Old 03-03-14, 04:43 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Ditto. I called the dealerships and they gave me all the info. I also have a printout.