ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017-178/)
-   -   LS460 Navigation (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/571525-ls460-navigation.html)

Doubleg 05-18-11 10:21 AM

LS460 Navigation

Am I the only one that can't find address and think my updated navigation sucks to the max? I updated my navigation to the current version about a month ago. During that time I have noticed that sometimes I'm on a street and the nav is either somewhere else close or the refresher is slow. Anyway, i have tried to use the nav to get to two places I know excist and are not new construction. The unit can not find the address. What's up with pos. Do I need to carry my iPhone or garmin nuvi everywhere I go?

Nospinzone 05-18-11 02:14 PM

Tell us the addresses you are trying to find. We can enter them and see if we get them.

madlad 05-30-11 04:47 AM

I agree. Have the same problem with the latest upgrade. My 5 year old Garmin Nuvi works better

Silverpaws 05-30-11 10:02 AM

Yeah, the navigation has been about the only real disappointment I have experienced with my LS. I don't think the lady who provides the guidance on my navigation could find the toilet even if she was sitting on it. If I enter a correct telephone number, it provides me with a location 1000 miles away on most occasions.

Doubleg 05-30-11 04:12 PM

There must be something we can do. It is very disappointing that we spend so much and get garbage in return. Ready to send a letter to Toyota and complain.:mad:

USCRugby 06-02-11 10:36 AM

Why pay for this stuff when if you have a smart phone it does it better than anything else you could buy!

stanatl 06-02-11 10:50 AM

When I do a seach for a specific POI, it gives me locations in Florida and other SE states and none in Atlanta where I live. I have no problems with it when I enter a specific address - it actually is pretty fast and accurate. It is pretty much useless when using the POI's search feature.

iceman76 06-02-11 01:48 PM

From experience, I've come to notice the updates are not really up to date. They are usually made with data that is atleast a year old by the time the update is published. Fujitsu Tein who makes Eclipse head units, is who makes the one in the LS. I own an eclipse h/u in my Maxima, and usually when I buy the disk, it is already a year and a half old.

Nick2JZ 06-02-11 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Doubleg (Post 6399451)
Am I the only one that can't find address and think my updated navigation sucks to the max? I updated my navigation to the current version about a month ago. During that time I have noticed that sometimes I'm on a street and the nav is either somewhere else close or the refresher is slow. Anyway, i have tried to use the nav to get to two places I know excist and are not new construction. The unit can not find the address. What's up with pos. Do I need to carry my iPhone or garmin nuvi everywhere I go?

make sure that you've selected the State/Region the address is in.

Nospinzone 06-03-11 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Doubleg (Post 6428114)
There must be something we can do. It is very disappointing that we spend so much and get garbage in return. Ready to send a letter to Toyota and complain.:mad:

OK, I tried. :egads:

Doubleg 06-06-11 07:41 AM

HAve done everything more than once........tried addresses in different formats, yes im in the correct state and region and yessssssss this still sucks............and not worth the upgrade charge of over 325.00. Dont used it very much but would like to know its there and not have to used the IPHONE or Garmin.