LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Bluetooth Pairing + Phonebook Sync

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-13, 03:27 PM
Grouchy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdonnel
When you are in the blue tooth transfer app on you galaxy and it asks what you want to transfer, select more. From there it will give you phone book as an option. You can choose either the entire phone book or just a few. Hope this helps.
When I do that and choose either single or multiple, it doesn't do anything. Am I supposed to do something with the car first? Tried transferring contacts on my car then using the app, still didn't do anything.
Old 08-05-13, 03:48 PM
jgbackes
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For iPhone users...

When you pair an iPhone, you are connecting to two different Bluetooth profiles. Personal Audio Player, and telephone.

If you have paired "correctly" you should be able to listen to music from you iPhone and also make phone calls. If you want to use "Lexus Voice Dialing" by pressing the steering wheel controls, you need to upload your contacts from your phone to your Lexus.

Also, each different device has a different set of contacts. If I connect my iPad so the kids can listen to a movie, my iPhone is no longer available.

Good luck, it's just like the Nav manual says.
Old 08-12-13, 04:59 PM
mdonnel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Grouchy,
I first began the process of pairing my phone with my car. I followed the manual directions preparing my car for the transfer. Once I arrived to the spot in the process where things seemed to hang up, I opened the bluetooth app on my galaxy. I followed the above steps from that point and my contacts were sent to my car. Hope this helps with clarification. Mona
Old 08-12-13, 05:57 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Grouchy,
I first began the process of pairing my phone with my car. I followed the manual directions preparing my car for the transfer. Once I arrived to the spot in the process where things seemed to hang up, I opened the bluetooth app on my galaxy. I followed the above steps from that point and my contacts were sent to my car. Hope this helps with clarification. Mona
+1, I did the same and it worked for me after some user error. this is with a galaxy s4
Old 08-12-13, 08:18 PM
Grouchy
Pole Position

Hi Grouchy,
I actually tried doing that and still didn't do anything. I keep getting this popup message when I open that app that says "Turn bluetooth off before launching this application." Then when I click on the bluetooth icon, it says no bluetooth connection was found. Should I unpair, and repair my phone then try this application again?

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-13-13, 04:19 PM
Grouchy
Pole Position

Finally got it. I had to unpair and repair my phone with my car. Still wouldn't connect for a bit. After the third try, it finally worked.
Old 08-14-13, 04:39 PM
kelleher2
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default bluetooth file transfer

Thanks a bunch spent days on this.
Old 08-18-13, 07:56 PM
Bsh
Driver School Candidate

Default Transfer phonebook phons not e-mails

When my Android is paired with RX350, all contacts are transferred, but I need only phonebook contacts to be transferred(I have just 190 of them), not my Gmail contacts (more than 1000)! Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 08-19-13, 07:12 AM
sleekmr3
Driver

Originally Posted by Bsh
When my Android is paired with RX350, all contacts are transferred, but I need only phonebook contacts to be transferred(I have just 190 of them), not my Gmail contacts (more than 1000)! Any suggestions? Thanks!
when I sync my contacts using bluetooth file transfer it lets me select which numbers I want to transfer.

My phone contacts, google contacts, etc... I have a choice do you get that?
Old 08-19-13, 07:54 AM
stanatl
Pole Position

Default Losing Contacts and Speed Dial Settings

I have no issues pairing my iPhone 5 or transferring contacts. My issue is that every few weeks I lose my contacts as well as my speed dials. The phone is still paired but there are no contacts or speed dial settings. I have to transfer all my contacts again. I've got to tell you that it is pretty annoying and I have stopped putting in all my speed dial numbers given how long it takes. Spoke to Lexus service and they say it is the phone's Bluetooth system incompatibility wi the LS. It happened with my 4s as well.

Anyone else have this issue?
Old 08-19-13, 07:55 AM
Bsh
Driver School Candidate

Default Chice of directories to transfer

I did not see any ability to choose the phones or e-mails... It transfers all my phone contacts automatically... Or I missed the ability to choose from?
Old 09-23-13, 07:16 AM
sleekmr3
Driver

did a quick video hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEHh5...ature=youtu.be
Old 09-23-13, 02:58 PM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by mmartin252
I have a 2012 LS460 and an iPhone5. When I try to transfer contacts to car (since the car does not seem to update new contact upon pairing) I get e message that Bluetooth device is connected and do I want to disconnect. When I say yes, I am no longer connect to vehicle via Bluetooth. I've given up trying to update contacts.
Try this: delete your phone from the car, add it back again and then try transferring your contacts. I have a 2012 GX 460 and a 2012 LS460 and an Apple 4S and this process worked for me. I got the same error message that you got when I first tried to sync contacts.
Old 09-23-13, 08:24 PM
stanatl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mmartin252
I have a 2012 LS460 and an iPhone5. When I try to transfer contacts to car (since the car does not seem to update new contact upon pairing) I get e message that Bluetooth device is connected and do I want to disconnect. When I say yes, I am no longer connect to vehicle via Bluetooth. I've given up trying to update contacts.
I believe that when it prompts you about another BT device being connected I believe it is referencing your audio link. When you say yes to disconnecting, it transfers your contacts and then reconnects the BT audio. At least that's the way it works in my 2011 LS.

The reason I know is that I am continually losing my contacts. The phone and BT audio are connected but the contacts disappear and I have to re-transfer them. Happens about every 3 weeks or so. I've stopped filling the speed dial buttons because I lose them when I lose the contacts. It is a PITA.
Old 09-26-13, 02:44 PM
Black Moon
Driver School Candidate

I tried this but when I am in the BFT program on my phone the 'TRANSFER CONTACTS' option isn't highlighted or available. Any suggestions? Thanks. Good video.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Pairing + Phonebook Sync