LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

?!? ls460 exhaust options ?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-11, 03:22 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

does anyone know the exact price for this?? i read in another thread that they e-mailed them and they said around $3300 USD :/ there should be another dealer out there with better prices??
Old 04-10-11, 09:29 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by o2 jockey
if theres a group by and the price drops... Im in as well.
good luck getting more than 2 guys to pony up that much for an exhaust haha
Old 04-10-11, 09:42 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1LSsport
Do you mind If I PM you? I just have a few questions regarding the exhaust thank you in advance.
you can just send me an email too:
hypermkiv at yahoo.com
Old 04-10-11, 10:19 PM
TofuMaster
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the sound of the Ings+1 and the Fox exhausts
Old 04-10-11, 10:55 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TofuMaster
I like the sound of the Ings+1 and the Fox exhausts
i agree with you they sound really nice,if they are bit cheaper than the suruga speed it could turn out good...i just PM'ed a vendor on here to see the price of the ings+1 exhaust and i e-mailed a vendor about the FOX exhaust sytem so im going to wait and see their replies... hopefully they still supply them though
Old 04-11-11, 06:12 AM
memphisLS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by adamls2
yep there is nothing on that site for LS460's...

so any update on the megans?? did the axle back arive and did you install them??
I dropped my car off last week to have my front and rear bumpers, and hood overhauled. I was tired of looking at the bug and rock damage on my front and hood. I also had some dings and scratches attended to...and then of course a thorough detailing inside and out. She should look like new when I get her back. So none the less the exhaust has been put on hold until I get her back. I'll do it later this week.

I noticed on Megan's site that they have lowered the price of the exhaust and the midpipes to $305 each. That's about $80 off the price when I looked a few weeks ago. Although the shipping is still probably around $50...still not a bad deal though...
Old 04-11-11, 10:43 AM
Xwakeboard
Pole Position

You may not know the answer to this question, however, I was under the impression that the Megan's exhaust will not fit if you have the air suspension. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 04-11-11, 11:22 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by memphisLS
I dropped my car off last week to have my front and rear bumpers, and hood overhauled. I was tired of looking at the bug and rock damage on my front and hood. I also had some dings and scratches attended to...and then of course a thorough detailing inside and out. She should look like new when I get her back. So none the less the exhaust has been put on hold until I get her back. I'll do it later this week.

I noticed on Megan's site that they have lowered the price of the exhaust and the midpipes to $305 each. That's about $80 off the price when I looked a few weeks ago. Although the shipping is still probably around $50...still not a bad deal though...
thats nice to hear...also make sure to post some pics up as well

Originally Posted by Xwakeboard
You may not know the answer to this question, however, I was under the impression that the Megan's exhaust will not fit if you have the air suspension. Can anyone confirm this?
hmmm i have never heard this before and i couldnt imagine why it wouldnt fit... i know that mephis has a SWB so he wouldnt be a candidate to this...

i just e-mailed megan racing to see if this is true or not and to ask a few other questions... will let you guys know what they tell me...

also i have found out that the price of the ings+1 exhaust system is less than half the price of the suruga speed exhaust so that might be a better candidate for the better price and the similar quality exhaust note....

i have yet to hear back from the FOX representative.
Old 04-13-11, 08:13 PM
melymel96
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Does anyone have an idea of what the PTS exhaust goes for?
Old 04-19-11, 07:20 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

any update on the install??
Old 04-19-11, 01:20 PM
memphisLS
Driver School Candidate

Just getting back in town. I installed it last week and immediately took it off. I love the sound of that exhaust, but it makes my baby sound like a muscle car. She has plenty of oomph but I didn't want her sounding like a hot rod and that's exactly what that exhaust sounded like. I completely forgot about making a video of it...sorry bout that. I plan to use that exaust on my 83 Regal that is currently underway in my garage. It will sound perfect behind my 455 BBB. And for the price, it's slightly cheaper than magnaflow or flowmaster.

Another problem I had with this package was the exhaust gaskets weren't very good. Both sides had leaks right before the axle back portion, and I'm sure this would cause poor gas mileage. Overall I'm not mad I bought the system, because like I said I love the sound it makes...just not for a LS460. It completely takes away all the class of the car. I'll be sticking with the stock exhaust unless I find someone who wants to dump their Suruga, INGs, Fox, or Wald exhaust for under $1k...(yea right, I know lol)
Old 04-20-11, 02:40 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Just getting back in town. I installed it last week and immediately took it off. I love the sound of that exhaust, but it makes my baby sound like a muscle car. She has plenty of oomph but I didn't want her sounding like a hot rod and that's exactly what that exhaust sounded like. I completely forgot about making a video of it...sorry bout that. I plan to use that exaust on my 83 Regal that is currently underway in my garage. It will sound perfect behind my 455 BBB. And for the price, it's slightly cheaper than magnaflow or flowmaster.

Another problem I had with this package was the exhaust gaskets weren't very good. Both sides had leaks right before the axle back portion, and I'm sure this would cause poor gas mileage. Overall I'm not mad I bought the system, because like I said I love the sound it makes...just not for a LS460. It completely takes away all the class of the car. I'll be sticking with the stock exhaust unless I find someone who wants to dump their Suruga, INGs, Fox, or Wald exhaust for under $1k...(yea right, I know lol)
thanks for the update, i think what you told me is what i expected. i think its cool that you are going to re-use it for another car so thats a plus. i also had some problems with gaskets on my test pipes for my old g35 so thats probably expected too. and i agree with you if we find one of those other exhaust for below 1K price
Old 02-23-12, 02:14 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Any updates on group buys? What happened with this thread? Did everyone give up?
Old 02-23-12, 03:02 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by OSU
Any updates on group buys? What happened with this thread? Did everyone give up?
The group buy request is on a different thread generated by PRSUIT460 on 2/21. He has a Joe Z-PTS exhaust installed with sound clip.
Old 02-23-12, 03:16 PM
OSU
Pole Position

I saw that thread too but it kinda dies as well.

Quick Reply: ?!? ls460 exhaust options ?!?