LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

CPO car NOT??????????????WTF

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-11, 06:12 AM
Ned Vo
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi all,
I have purchased 3 CPO lexus vehicles in the last 10 years. The CPO from Lexus is a great piece of mind for us.
Manny735, on your case, I would contact the dealer you bought the CPO LS460 in person along with your purchase of sale agreement. I understand that your previous sales consultant is no longer there. As always, ask for sales manager and provide him/her your situation in a professional manner . I'm sure you'd get what you should.
All Lexus dealers are afraid of not getting their annual ELITE DEALER or REGION BEST awards. This means $$ to them. Their holdback percentage is 4% last I check. With winning the award(s) above....this 4% is now increased. I'm sure "the person" you talk with WOULD blame the sales consultant which was/is fired from the job.
You're in control here Manny735.
Take care
Ned
Old 03-12-11, 09:19 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just a little update,I got a call from a women from Lexus headquarters,she heard my case and asked me to fax her anything that shows that the car was CPO,I faxed in what i had...havent heard nothing since Monday...should I wait or follow up?

Originally had plan to sell the LS,but have decided that I want to keep it...its been bullet proof for the last year..2 oil changes,new brake pads and a one tire replaced...would be nice to have the extended warranty...will keep everyone posted.
Old 03-13-11, 04:38 AM
OSU
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering, are you still on the side of the road waiting for someone to come fix your flat tire or did you finally swap it yourself?
Old 07-15-11, 06:37 AM
robbieca
Driver School Candidate

Manny,
Any updates? I'm looking into a CPO and I'm curious as to what happened with your situation
Old 07-15-11, 10:07 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OSU
Just wondering, are you still on the side of the road waiting for someone to come fix your flat tire or did you finally swap it yourself?
LOL that would be funny I hope you get everything straightened out
Old 07-15-11, 10:20 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

WOW thats upsetting. I would be pissed.
Old 07-17-11, 10:32 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry for the lack of updates,my son was born a month ago so havent really had any time...Got a call about 2 months ago from Lexus headquarters,after faxing over my proof they were not able to take my side...my salesman was fired and the GM at Tri County Lexus denied my claim...cant bother wasting time on this..lets just hope my LS stays trouble free for another 2 years
Old 07-19-11, 02:19 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Manny735
Sorry for the lack of updates,my son was born a month ago so havent really had any time...Got a call about 2 months ago from Lexus headquarters,after faxing over my proof they were not able to take my side...my salesman was fired and the GM at Tri County Lexus denied my claim...cant bother wasting time on this..lets just hope my LS stays trouble free for another 2 years
Congratulations on the birth of your son!

I am speechless. As I have expressed in other threads, I am not a believer in the CPO process because I've simply seen too many problems and things missed to trust it as more than just an extended warranty in many cases. This said, my view on CPO is irrelevant in your case, and I can't believe that having documentation that proves your car is CPO, the GM denied your claim. It surely says something about them.

I hear you on the lack of time (same boat here), and it's up to you whether to let it go or not, but I imagine it feels difficult to not go after them. It is even more disappointing that Lexus did not do anything. They take the whole "dealerships are independently owned" idea too far... Yes, they are independently owned, but when a dealership behaves unscrupulously, it affects the image of the brand, and corporate should come down on them. I wonder what kind of proof they wanted from you that would have made them do something.

Best of luck with everything.
Old 07-25-11, 05:33 AM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Manny735
Any future problems and service just take the vehicle to Prestige Lexus I have never had an issue over there at all. Also ask for Phil Zito at Prestige he has taken care of our two Lexus for quite a few years.