ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017-178/)
-   -   LS 460 SPort 2010 Issues - Anyone else? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/546972-ls-460-sport-2010-issues-anyone-else.html)

bturkel1@v 01-14-11 08:24 PM

LS 460 SPort 2010 Issues - Anyone else?

I have had my sport for 11m miles now. The armrest is being replaced due to a permanent indenture from my elbow after 11m miles. The brakes are squealing between 10 and 20 mph. I first challenged that the website shows the Sport is to have Cross Drilled Brembo brakes, I am waiting to see see Lexus excuse for this.

The regional tech drove my car today took 6 videos with sound. They told me Lexus Lab will study the spectrum of the sound and find exactly the cause. They say it is from a vibration from something causing the shreaking sound. We will see. Love the car but at 1mm miles to have a hard armrest is not good.

rominl 01-14-11 09:36 PM

what is 1mm miles?

and i don't entirely understand. the brakes are brembo brakes, what are you trying to challenge on?

ccardan 01-15-11 09:21 AM

My new sport has 150 miles and the brakes started squealing, also have poor reception with the ML.
Will address the dealership next week for resolve regarding the two issues that seem to be prevalent with Brembro's, and ML from previous threads and see what they come up with.

I8ABMR 01-15-11 10:29 AM

what is 1mm miles. Bit confusing

cheez80 01-15-11 10:50 AM

brembo's are known for squealing -- cats with amgs on mbworld talk about that happening all the time. it's a performance oriented brake setup -- you're bound to have some noise. there are steps you can take to mitigate brake squeal, but you might have to live with it when the brakes are cold

miniz 01-15-11 11:35 AM

mm miles? what????

bturkel1@v 01-15-11 05:05 PM

it is a typo geez 11m miles. It has nothing to do with warm or cold it does it all the time

stanatl 01-17-11 04:56 AM

My original Brembo's squealed occassionally - not often enough for me to be bothered by it. I had them replaced after 15K miles and the new ones behave the same way - only occassional squealing. I should mention that it took the dealership over 2 weeks to find replacement brakes for my car.

I've looked into it and Brembo's/other performance brakes are known for being noisy. Part of the trade off I guess.

I will say that they perform great!

bturkel1@v 01-17-11 09:09 AM

I have to tell you I have had BMW's my whole life with none of these issues. They do perform great but you cannot tell me this in all performance brakes. The squealing I have is basically unbearable at times. Drive an IS-F with cross drilled rotors and tell me they squeal. This is total BS and it needs to be fixed. Plus tell me where the cross-drilled rotors are that they describe under the LS-460 Sport on their website

offroad200 01-17-11 11:14 AM

Like others have mentioned, performance brakes squealing is not that unusual. BMW's tend to come with very soft pads and rotors. So they stop great and make less noise. The downside is the rotors can't be turned and usually have to be replaced every other brake pad change. At least that's how they used to be. I've looked at the Lexus site and it doesn't mention cross drilled rotors, just that they are Brembo.

bturkel1@v 01-17-11 11:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by offroad200 (Post 6070906)
Like others have mentioned, performance brakes squealing is not that unusual. BMW's tend to come with very soft pads and rotors. So they stop great and make less noise. The downside is the rotors can't be turned and usually have to be replaced every other brake pad change. At least that's how they used to be. I've looked at the Lexus site and it doesn't mention cross drilled rotors, just that they are Brembo.

Really well look at this you did not look hard enough. Has been on there since release of Sport. have to go to performance section

rominl 01-17-11 11:30 AM

it's a tough call. with high performance brakes, they do tend to squeal a bit more from time to time. look at all the m cars, amg, porsche, etc... that' due to the more aggressive compound on the pads a lot of times

however, i don't think that's ALWAYS the case. i have had big brakes on all my cars (including brembo on my ls460l), i never had any squeak, as long as all the installation and MOST IMPORTANTLY, bed in process was done correctly