LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Still the best, but........

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-10, 08:33 AM
cleobel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Still the best, but........

For the PRICE the LS is still the best bargain even with the recalls, but many cars of lesser value are catching up fast in quality, ride, quietness, and luxury items. They are priced lower and have many perks. Lexus, in my opinion, has lost that "relentless pursuit of perfection" and has taken its customers base for granted too long. No longer is it the king, and with cars (especially the new Audi) improving as fast as a "cell" phone, Toyota needs to get back to that pursuit. Getting problems fixed now is a good thing, then let the journey begin again. 2012 Should be the best Lexus ever: no wind noise problems, no transmission/engine problems, no air suspension problems, no steering problems, etc. Still the best, but............
Old 08-01-10, 09:06 AM
BAD RIDES

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Audi!!!!!Really they come a long way and nice looking good performing but look at their retention and repair history $$$$$$$Yes I think lexus had got get back to pursuit for perfection but dont thing Audi is in there league yet now way imao and look at there cost as well
Old 08-01-10, 12:37 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a friend with an 08 A-8 and he needed a new thermostat the other day... $1,000.00! and then they fried the center console where the uni-button control is and got cleaning spray in there somehow and had to replace it which required him to be without the vehicle for 3 days total.. the Dealership had to pay for the new uni-button control and the loaner, but man I thought the Lexus was expensive enough.. and Audi is out of control. I dont care for his fit and finish as much as the LS either, in fact he is about ready to trade in the A8 for a new 2010 LS he likes mine so much. the A8 is a nice vehicle, but Ill take the LS.
Old 08-01-10, 01:43 PM
Stoks
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! You're opinion of Lexus and deterioration in quality may be understandable.

But, using Audi as an example of others catching up is laughable. They seem to make every list of most expensive cars to own due to repairs and depreciation. Not saying anything about their styling, driving personality, etc., Just that they certainly aren't considered to be a relatively good investment due to cost of ownership.
Old 08-01-10, 03:45 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Audi? Really....?!

I like where Audi is heading but they are not quite there yet, I have a friend with an 07 A4 that just cost him 3K in repairs and was in a loaner for 3 weeks! The cost of parts and labor leave the owners pockets looking like rabbit ears, the service manager might as well have a ski mask on when he hands you the invoice. Lexus has slipped in the quality areas but not as bad as the media will leads people to believe, and surely not as bad as the competitors.
Old 08-01-10, 07:02 PM
dojom77
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Audi = "Owie"