LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Just wondering what everyone thinks of the new Jaguars?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-10, 05:50 PM
zeebra
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just wondering what everyone thinks of the new Jaguars?

I have been warming up to the new Jaguars - I have liked the XF since it came out; I have to say that the newest XJ has been really growing on me. Enough to make me say that I would probably test drive one when it comes time to replace my 2007 LS.

Perhaps this is an outrageous opinion to state in this forum, but I'm feeling it -is anyone else out there liking the new XJ?

Z
Attached Thumbnails Just wondering what everyone thinks of the new Jaguars?-b1_xj_010_f00-1_gbl_clr_gallery_liquidsilver_exterior_frt3qtr_overhead-1600x1200.jpg   Just wondering what everyone thinks of the new Jaguars?-b4_xj_010_006_jna_gallery_liquidsilver_exterior_rr3qtr-1600x1200.jpg  
Old 06-16-10, 06:22 PM
LexFather

I like the new Jags. Always liked the XJ and the XF looks like a longer GS so I like it too The XF I like, in black...otherwise it looks odd to me. Its interior is just fantastic.

The new Jags have great interiors, engines, trannies and stylish exteriors. Dealers seem pretty good too.

Ironically, this old British company is now owned by an Indian company. Who would have thought!
Old 06-16-10, 07:33 PM
CEOEngr
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks kinda like the Bentley
Old 06-16-10, 07:59 PM
VA380
Rookie

Depreciation nightmare ... it is a smooth looking car though, I like it.
Old 06-16-10, 08:10 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The new Xj is bad @ss
Old 06-16-10, 09:21 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

I regularly check in on a Jag forum since my wife drives one. The people there who have seen the car in the flesh really like it.

The only problem is some are having trouble seeing it. Apparently they are in very short supply. Some dealers don't have any and others just have one belonging to Jaguar that are not for sale.

I would definitely take a look at it, but I would be concerned about reliability, especially in this first year run.
Old 06-16-10, 09:27 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look at it, IT LOOKS INCREDIBLE, nothing bad to say about it. Im sure somebody else who is pro Lexus will find a negative but, this car looks amazing. I saw one coming out of my neighborhood and didnt know what it was because I hadnt yet seen the new Jaguars design. I have been attacked when saying this but, I'll try again and hope and pray for support. This is what Lexus lacks and each time I say it those who like the Lexus design attack. What I saying is the looks bring you into the Jaguar alone.

Thats what makes the traditional luxury cars not just tradition. Look at this Jaguar, it screams buy me on looks alone. I know, I know the reliability of Jaguar and the other European makes is questionable, I agree with that. That said, the looks is what they have I feel Lexus still hasnt got a grasp of yet. The LS looks good but, this car looks amazing.

The only thing I would change about the current LS and my model is looks everything else is great. I dont think Lexus needs to become a performance sedan, its not the companies target buyer they seek. That said, looks of a car have nothing to do with performance(well wind resistance aside anyway,hahaha). Heck, we all love pretty people. Doesnt mean they are good on the inside because ultimately thats what counts as we age but, the looks bring us to attract to people and things. Lexus has the interior and reliability(the inside) sector on lock down, the exterior(the outside) can still use perfecting.

If Lexus ever does what Jaguar does all the time exterior wise to go along with straight A's in all other categories, its game, set, match!!! Anyway, love my cars reliability at the end of the day. Wouldnt hurt if it looked equally good as the Jaguar to top it of though!!! HHAHAHAHAHA! Still a Lexus man at the end of the day!!! L.G.N.M

Last edited by usermel; 06-16-10 at 10:49 PM. Reason: many
Old 06-16-10, 10:09 PM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Ironically, this old British company is now owned by an Indian company. Who would have thought!
hahah we were talking about this irony during lunch hour today!
Old 06-16-10, 10:49 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

The above comment is funny because it shws how much things have changed. In the USA in particular we see it but, the change is worldwide! WOW, Jaguar owned by an Indian company, I had no idea until seeing this thread. WOW! L.G.N.M
Old 06-16-10, 11:15 PM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The all-new Jag is incredible. The car's interior has so much beauty in it. I don't know about the ride, but again it's Jaguar!

I love it and hope I can test drive it soon to satisfy my curiosity.

I can't compare it to the LS460 since I don't know much about it, but definitely it's worth looking at.
Old 06-17-10, 12:30 AM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

WOW! Just saw the XJ cost $72,500 base price and the XJL cost $79,500 base price! Though more than base LS460(Small/Normal Wheel Base) and the LS460(long Wheel Base) its not as much as I thought. Not saying I'm buying one but Im shocked at how close Lexus is getting in prices compared to the difference between the European makes in say 1995 compared to the present day prices. L.G.N.M
Old 06-17-10, 08:52 AM
VQ35ohwhat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it looks super classy. I like the sporty look of the xf more though.
Old 06-17-10, 10:57 AM
ikeb
Driver

I think the new Jag XJ is the best looking car on the road - that said - i just don't trust them to make a high quality product after having 3 XJs over the years.
Old 06-17-10, 11:28 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Beautiful car inside and out!

You really need to sit in one to soak in all the top notch materials and lux feel of the interior, simply outstanding!

I will be test driving one soon.
Old 06-17-10, 12:08 PM
WhitBaby
Lead Lap

I've always thought of Jags kinda like Harleys. Nice lines and nice paint, but heard they weren't all that reliable. Do they still use Lucas (Prince of Darkness) electrics?
Also on a cross country trip and needing parts/service I think I'd have better luck finding a Lexus or Toyota dealer than a Jag dealer.

Whit

Quick Reply: Just wondering what everyone thinks of the new Jaguars?