ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017-178/)
-   -   Best Tire for LS460 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/489298-best-tire-for-ls460.html)

Jamminx 03-19-10 08:47 AM

Best Tire for LS460

I have a 2008 Ls460 Dealer is telling me I have outer bald spots on 2 tires and the other 2 are near replacement worn. I only have 17K miles and have been putting on winter tires from Nov to March since I bought the car. I asked them why they didn't notice the wear in Nov and let me drive the snows for six months with poor alignment. they had no answer.

Anyway they only carry 2 tire brand the veranza stock tires and Toyo versado lx. What do you guys suggest I do?

rominl 03-19-10 08:54 AM

from my experience, dealerships never have the best prices on tires and installation.

i would get tires from tirerack, have them shipped to a shop (can find a list of their authorized installers), and change them there

for tires, personally, i think michelin is pretty good. others can chime in too

Craig B 03-19-10 12:22 PM

Michelin's

Nospinzone 03-19-10 01:21 PM

Clearly tires are not your dealer's forte, why buy tires from them?

Ditto on both Tire Rack and Michelins.

JKN2000 03-19-10 01:28 PM

Agreed.. never buy tires from a dealer. Tire Rack or NTB and even Discount Tires are fine.

lexusnutt 03-19-10 02:43 PM

Buying tires online can be hit or miss. I purchased tires from Tirerack and 2 out of the 4 were out of round. Sure, They took them back, but had to order new ones, and pay to get the whole process done again.

Wait for a Costco sale on Michelins. Can't beat 'em!

rominl 03-19-10 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by lexusnutt (Post 5327788)
Buying tires online can be hit or miss. I purchased tires from Tirerack and 2 out of the 4 were out of round. Sure, They took them back, but had to order new ones, and pay to get the whole process done again.

Wait for a Costco sale on Michelins. Can't beat 'em!

if it's tirerack authorized shop, from what i was told, you shouldn't have to pay extra. happened to me before, i still pay one single price, but they took it back (out of round) and told me to come back another day for another install (no extra charge)

jbdvm1988 03-19-10 05:10 PM

michelins

which tires have you specifically used. if i stay with a touring tire the michelin
pilot hx mxm gets lousy reviews while the pilot sport a/s gets good reviews but i'm concerned that a high performance tire like the sport a/s will make the ride more harsh than i'm used to. i have an 09 awd and live in michigan but prefer to use an all season tire not snow tires

jlawr 03-19-10 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Through all my research, these a the two best tires I've found for the LS 460.
Personal preference comes into play when you consider:
Tread Pattern, Length of Warranty, Quietness and Performance.
(see attached)

pibob 03-20-10 06:57 PM

My LS 460 came with the Bridgestone :thumbdn:tires, horrible tire. Noise and hard road feel, felt like driving with SUV tires.
I bought a set of Michelin Piolt HX MXMX in the same size. It is the difference between day and night. The ride is soft and I can not hear or feel the road through the tires anymore. Best tire I have seen on the LS460 and I have driven different cars with different tires at the dealer.:thumbup:

jlawr 03-20-10 07:11 PM

The Bridgestone Turanza EL42 are terrible tires. The Bridgestone Turanza with Serenity are wonderful.
The Michelin Pilot MXM are very good, the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus are superb.

Nospinzone 03-20-10 07:43 PM

The Bridgestone Turanza with Serenity are wonderful.

Serenity now!!!!!

rlj4246 03-20-10 09:27 PM

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus is a great tire, I replaced the factory tires on my 07 GS350 with them and was very pleased. rode great for a GS and they were quite too. When the OEMs wear out on my LS460 I will get another set. Bought them from Tire Rack and will do so again.

Mark_Nimda 03-20-10 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Nospinzone (Post 5330840)
The Bridgestone Turanza with Serenity are wonderful.

Serenity now!!!!!

wow, $326 for a 19" tire at Tirerack. That's more expensive than my corvette Ultra sticky KD's

donaldm823 03-21-10 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by jlawr (Post 5330774)
The Bridgestone Turanza EL42 are terrible tires. The Bridgestone Turanza with Serenity are wonderful.
The Michelin Pilot MXM are very good, the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus are superb.

I second this opinion. The orginal tires (EL42), were in need of replacment at 22K miles. The Bridgestone Serenity, looks and drives like the EL 42 but is a 45K tire. My Lexus dealer ordered the Serenity and gave me a price competative with my local Tire Plus dealer. Get the Serenity