LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Changing multi-information display (instrument cluster) language

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-19, 07:55 AM
SpruceRain
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Changing multi-information display (instrument cluster) language

Hey all,

My car was originally sold in Germany, and recently imported to Finland. Looking at both the US market, the original German, as well as the afterwards-acquired Finnish owner's handbooks, the language of the multi-information display should be changeable, but necessitates a visit to a Lexus dealer. There are also plenty of other personal customizations available, listed as a table in the same section.

Problem is, the dealership here (it's the flagship store in Finland, too!) has stated that they do not have the ability to change the language. I'm confused; the handbook states that this is possible, but Lexus themselves here say it cannot be done...
Any ideas on what to do next? From what I've read online, the personal customizations settings are changed with Toyota's Techstream software via a VCI cable, but it didn't seem like they were familiar with the name.
Old 06-19-19, 09:04 AM
SpruceRain
Driver

I've tried calling them a couple of times, but the lines were busy.

Thanks, seems like my best bet is looking into Techstream. Getting this done through Lexus might take forever, and I'm really keen on finding out just what about "Autobahn" the car is telling me whenever I activate cruise control.
Old 06-26-19, 09:10 AM
SpruceRain
Driver

Well, that was worryingly easy. I don't understand why the folks at the Lexus dealership said they couldn't do it...

Another thing! Apparently "Sensitivity" here has to do with the automatic light control system.

According to the handbooks (both US English and Finnish), it's supposed to have 5 levels of adjustment, with 3 being the default setting. Do the levels go Dark2-Dark1-Normal-Light1-Light2 or the other way around?
Basically, I'd like to have the headlights come on sooner than they currently do, so to achieve this, do I pick Dark2 or Light2...?
The following users liked this post:
IS400F (12-09-23)
Old 06-26-19, 09:15 AM
ALK
Advanced

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by SpruceRain
Well, that was worryingly easy. I don't understand why the folks at the Lexus dealership said they couldn't do it...

Another thing! Apparently "Sensitivity" here has to do with the automatic light control system.

According to the handbooks (both US English and Finnish), it's supposed to have 5 levels of adjustment, with 3 being the default setting. Do the levels go Dark2-Dark1-Normal-Light1-Light2 or the other way around?
Basically, I'd like to have the headlights come on sooner than they currently do, so to achieve this, do I pick Dark2 or Light2...?
I knew that changing the language is only through Techstream. But why the dealer couldn't do it is mindblowing .
Old 06-27-19, 11:46 AM
SpruceRain
Driver

Originally Posted by ALK
I knew that changing the language is only through Techstream. But why the dealer couldn't do it is mindblowing .
I could understand not being familiar with the personal customizations, but not finding out? That I don't.

Well, I tried out the "Light Control - Sensitivity" setting. I covered the light sensor on top of the dashboard with a light beige microfibre cloth to simulate somewhat dimmer conditions. Selecting Light2 made the car turn on the headlights, and selecting Dark2 made it turn them off. Pretty much as expected, and I left it on Light2.
Old 06-27-19, 08:27 PM
Cubbylex
Intermediate

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Congratulations, sometimes one has to do it to make sure it gets done.
Old 10-30-19, 01:27 PM
Arvid
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default ...and how did You get this done...

...by the Lexus workshop or another solution ?? My local Lexus dealer/workshop can't even find the fuse for the light in the trunk 😣😫😤
Old 10-30-19, 04:07 PM
SpruceRain
Driver

The personal customizations settings are changed with Toyota's Techstream software via a VCI cable. Like so:
The following users liked this post:
IS400F (12-09-23)
Old 05-15-20, 11:35 AM
Ateebm96
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats great. Actually even im looking to change the language in my Japanese import 2012 model.
Did you purchase the Techstream software or did you use a free version?
Old 04-01-21, 07:58 AM
jpdc91
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello SpruceRain,

I have the same problem for changing the language in French, my Lexus GS 300 from 2007 is now in English.
What a version have you from Teachstream ?
My version is 14.30.23 and i have not this possibility too changing the language in the software, can you help me please ?
Old 04-16-21, 07:29 AM
lizhekb
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Would it be possible to change the North American LS to some other language not offered in the menu? for example Japnese or Chinese?
Old 04-16-21, 10:14 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

You know the ole saying, "If you want anything done right, do it yourself! Congrats.
Old 11-06-23, 01:54 AM
VenomRV20
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

Please tell me the steps used to for changing the Language!

Help

Last edited by VenomRV20; 11-06-23 at 01:59 AM.
Old 11-06-23, 07:54 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,209 Likes on 956 Posts

View post 8.

Quick Reply: Changing multi-information display (instrument cluster) language