Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

Good Replacement tires for LS600hL

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-10, 10:04 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrComputer
I just replaced the tires on my 600hL with the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 that TireRack had on clearance for $185/each. At first I thought the price was too good to be true, but all of the online reviews were great. So I figured I'd try them. I had them shipped directly to the dealer and had them installed when the car was in for service. They have amazing grip in the rain and on dry roads. They are a bit stiffer that the original OEM's I had on the car, but the car still rides nicely. For the price, you can't beat these tires. I'd buy them again if they are still available when I need to replace these. I also love the tread pattern. Makes the car look more aggressive.
Interesting. I'll post about my first impressions after they re-shoe the car.

BTW, how are you enjoying your Tesla? Pros / Cons ? Is the torque off the line as impressive as everyone says?

Hard to understand how they will survive stopping production for 1 MY(I heard due to the Lotus factory being retooled).
Old 02-06-10, 10:22 AM
DrComputer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by zzzzdoc
BTW, how are you enjoying your Tesla? Pros / Cons ? Is the torque off the line as impressive as everyone says?

Hard to understand how they will survive stopping production for 1 MY(I heard due to the Lotus factory being retooled).
Yes, the torque is unbelievable. Everyone I give test drives to leaves with the "EV Grin" from ear to ear. No one really knows what is really going to happen with the "missing year". I assume they will make a bunch of extra chassis before Lotus changes the plant and just keep them in storage until they need them. By now, they know how many cars they are selling a year so this shouldn't really be a problem.

I know this is off the tire topic, so sorry. But I do love the new Goodyear tires
Old 02-06-10, 11:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by zzzzdoc
OK, the guy at Tire Kingdom talked me out of the Turanza Serenity's and into the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus.

Personally, I think it was Henry with those Jedi mind games of his.
lol alan, my force is everywhere

drcomputer, how can you not post up pictures of your tesla!
Old 02-06-10, 11:09 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DrComputer
I know this is off the tire topic, so sorry. But I do love the new Goodyear tires
I know, but I hijaaked my own thread, so I figure I get a free ride on it.
Old 02-06-10, 11:28 AM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Wow, the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 is a serious performance tire. And very, very cool tread pattern (you guys should go on Tire Rack and check it out.)

You could shoe my Lambo with it (They don't make them that large, though). Awesome price. I'll paraphrase Henry's question. Are your driving your LS600hL like your Tesla?

Last edited by zzzzdoc; 02-06-10 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-06-10, 01:39 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Initial impressions:

Definitely have better grip than the EL33 OEM tires I replaced. Perhaps a little stiffer (though the morons at *&re Kingdom overinflated them). Noise a wash, perhaps a little noisier, though the Tire Rack reviews said the opposite.

I assume that wet weather performance will be dramatically better.

Ripped off by the installers on miscellaneous fees. Not a happy camper about that, and they might have permanently lost a customer.
Old 02-06-10, 04:28 PM
DrComputer
Pole Position

Since you want a picture of the Tesla... here you go

Old 02-06-10, 05:59 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

My personal favorite choice of color. Nice ride.
Old 02-17-10, 12:05 AM
Audriuss
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lextron
I have used Michelin Pilot series of tires for the last 10+ years with excellent results in emergency handling, braking, and cornering. They are expensive but have less road noise and harshness than the Goodyear and Bridgestone.

Downside is they will only last 3-4 years max since it's a softer rubber compound, advantage is that they stick to the road and reduce braking distance over other tires.
it is the upside in anyway, because tire rubber becomes old after 3-4 years of usage in anyway...