LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

All Audio Died. Clicking Noise Started

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-11, 03:15 PM
tdellat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LS 460 clicking noise on MLS Stereo

I was driving to NY from RI , listening to jazz when, with another 80 miles to go, the stereo shut off and this annoying, non-stop, loud click comes over the speakers. I pulled over to the breakdown lane, shut engine off then restarted. Same clicking. Also noted that I couldn't turn volume down on the menu list. Also voice recognition and blurred to my iPhone was out. ****!!!!!!!!! All of a sudden this beautiful car becomes. A piece of **** cause I have to listen to this effen click . I got to NY and started and next day went to Lexus dealer in Hartsdale. The service rep told me immediately that I blew the stereo amp. I said I will get it repaired but please stop that clicking. **It's giving me a convulsion.
He says "there is no fix until your dealer gets you a new amp and that will take a week to get the amp".
**I am writing this to tell you not to listen to these fools. Here's what you do: *1) look in the Do It Yourself section under Fuse Boxes 2) one Fuse Box is under the hood on the passenger side- you have to open it so that you can access a Fuse Puller which is hidden underneath the fuse box cover . 3) now you must access the fuse box in the trunk on the driver side- *it's kind of hidden and covered by a velcro door. *4). Unclip the plastic fuse box cover . 5) make sure the car is on level ground just in case the car rolls back on you if you pull the brake fuse by accident. 6) Now you pull the Fifth Fuse Down From The Top On the Left Side of The Fuse Box- it is a 5 Amp fuse .
Now restart and Abbracadabra. **No more ****ing clicking noise! Hahhahahaha. Now you can be proud of yourself when you go to the dealer to order your new amp. You can even ask them what the problem of the click is and how do you get rid of it. If they tell you're screwed you can laugh at them like I did and show them how to get rid of it.
*Order your new amp and remember that it should be covered under the warranty. *Happy Motoring!

Sent from my iPhone
Old 09-25-11, 07:35 PM
tdellat
Driver School Candidate

Default LS 460 clicking stereo, no audio or bluetooth

Originally Posted by cmr3rd
Driving down the road today listening to radio in my 2007 LS460. The sound suddenly stopped and just a repeating loud clicking sound is heard. No radio, CD, or Handsfree sound, just annoying clicking even when audio is off. Turned off car and restarted. Same clicking. Disconnecting amp in trunk only way to stop clicking noise. Dealer stratching head and is saying come back next week and leave car. Any ideas on cause or failure?

I was driving to NY from RI , listening to jazz when, with another 80 miles to go, the stereo shut off and this annoying, non-stop, loud click comes over the speakers. I pulled over to the breakdown lane, shut engine off then restarted. Same clicking. Also noted that I couldn't turn volume down on the menu list. Also voice recognition and blurred to my iPhone was out. ****!!!!!!!!! All of a sudden this beautiful car becomes. A piece of **** cause I have to listen to this effen click . I got to NY and started and next day went to Lexus dealer in Hartsdale. The service rep told me immediately that I blew the stereo amp. I said I will get it repaired but please stop that clicking. **It's giving me a convulsion.
He says "there is no fix until your dealer gets you a new amp and that will take a week to get the amp".
**I am writing this to tell you not to listen to these fools. Here's what you do: *1) look in the Do It Yourself section under Fuse Boxes 2) one Fuse Box is under the hood on the passenger side- you have to open it so that you can access a Fuse Puller which is hidden underneath the fuse box cover . 3) now you must access the fuse box in the trunk on the driver side- *it's kind of hidden and covered by a velcro door. *4). Unclip the plastic fuse box cover . 5) make sure the car is on level ground just in case the car rolls back on you if you pull the brake fuse by accident. 6) Now you pull the Fifth Fuse Down From The Top On the Left Side of The Fuse Box- it is a 5 Amp fuse .
Now restart and Abbracadabra. **No more ****ing clicking noise! Hahhahahaha. Now you can be proud of yourself when you go to the dealer to order your new amp. You can even ask them what the problem of the click is and how do you get rid of it. If they tell you're screwed you can laugh at them like I did and show them how to get rid of it.
*Order your new amp and remember that it should be covered under the warranty. *Happy Motoring!

Sent from my iPhone
Old 09-26-11, 11:29 AM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Has anyone had their amp go out a second time after warranty replacement?
Old 06-29-12, 01:14 PM
Carnut
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cmasten
for everyone losing the amp are these only the ML amps or have any of you with premium systems lost your pioneer amp?
I bought a 2009 LS-460 last week. Yesterday when I came out of the barber shop, NO AUDIO. Took it in today and they ordered me a new amp. It is NOT a Mark Levinson, just Lexus Premium Sound. Funny thing is after I got home from the dealership and put my car in the garage, I went out about 2-3 hours later to move it and AUDIO WAS WORKING just fine. When my audio was out, my audion controls in the Navigation was locked up and could not move any of the controls (base, treble, right, left, front or rear) but now all that is working. I'm hoping it's not the head rather than the amp. If there is ANY good to this, it's still under Factory Warranty. I guess time will tell.
Old 08-17-12, 06:46 PM
art57tbird
Driver School Candidate

Same audio problem as others on my 2008 LS600 HL, with only 31,000 miles. A sharp clicking noise from the speakers started and all audio functions quit working. the only way to stop this noise was to remove fuse. The Lexus dealer informed me the M/L Amp was the problem but was not covered under my 100,000 miles Lexus extended warranty. It appears to me this is a common problem and a recall could be in order. I will contact and post the results of Lexus's consumer department
Old 08-18-12, 09:19 AM
Carnut
Pole Position

Default Audio Stops Working

Originally Posted by art57tbird
Same audio problem as others on my 2008 LS600 HL, with only 31,000 miles. A sharp clicking noise from the speakers started and all audio functions quit working. the only way to stop this noise was to remove fuse. The Lexus dealer informed me the M/L Amp was the problem but was not covered under my 100,000 miles Lexus extended warranty. It appears to me this is a common problem and a recall could be in order. I will contact and post the results of Lexus's consumer department
Different for me than most the others. I never had any clicking noise. My amp just quit working, knocking out my radio and my "Hands-Free" talking. I think they found the root of MY problem as they traced the harness to a place they claimed had a "short" in it. They repaired that and replaced the amp again and I've had no problems yet, so far at least. I do not have Mark Levinson in my car, only the Lexus Premium sound. I'm on the elderly side so I DO NOT turn my radio up to deafening levels. I just like to hear the news and music, and to be able to use my "Hands-Free" talking. When my amp did die, however, it did show all the speaker controls to the far right, and rear of the car, and none of the adjustments operated at all. I'm just glad it's under warranty. Good luck to you on finding the problem.
Old 08-19-12, 11:39 PM
fatset5
Driver School Candidate

I have a Lexus 2007 LS460L with the Mark Levinson system. The radio and CD player stopped working last week. The Nav still works, SAT still works, AUX and HDD still work. The CD/DVD changer seems to have no more power to it and the FM radio stations are frozen on the last songs they were playing from a week ago. Has anyone experienced this or does anyone have a quick fix? I'm tired of connecting the aux cable.

Any help would be appreciated if there is something I can do myself to resolve this.
Old 08-20-12, 06:31 AM
Carnut
Pole Position

Default Audio On LS-460

Originally Posted by fatset5
I have a Lexus 2007 LS460L with the Mark Levinson system. The radio and CD player stopped working last week. The Nav still works, SAT still works, AUX and HDD still work. The CD/DVD changer seems to have no more power to it and the FM radio stations are frozen on the last songs they were playing from a week ago. Has anyone experienced this or does anyone have a quick fix? I'm tired of connecting the aux cable.

Any help would be appreciated if there is something I can do myself to resolve this.
IT seem sto me if your CD/DVD Player are not working, you have blown a fuse to that unit. When My AMP went out, my CD's still played but you could not hear them. You could see the tracks clicking right along, change discs, etc., but no sound on it, the radio or the Hands-Free telephone audio. My Nav still worked also. Just an opinion, but if you get your book out and find which fuse runs the radio and CD/DVD player, you might pull it and see if it's blown. Now, with that said, there is a reason it blew, and that needs to be addressed also. Not sure how "handy" you are at messing with a fuse, but depending on your particular circumstances, you might have the fuse replaced and gone in an hour or less at a Dealership. If it blows again, then some diagnostics will have to be run and maybe a harness traced to find the root of the problem. No power to me means a blown fuse. Good luck, and if you think let us know what you find out.

Good luck with it my friend.
Old 08-20-12, 07:12 AM
Patric
Pole Position

The amp in my 07 gave it up a couple weeks ago and although the warranty has expired, my complaints to the dealer about the overall issues with the car since new gave them cause to contact Lexus corporate to see what if anything they could do for me. Turns out they installed a new one with no parts or labor charges. Saved me around $1,400.00 according to the dealer.
Old 01-25-13, 05:13 AM
MARLIN670
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Patric
The amp in my 07 gave it up a couple weeks ago and although the warranty has expired, my complaints to the dealer about the overall issues with the car since new gave them cause to contact Lexus corporate to see what if anything they could do for me. Turns out they installed a new one with no parts or labor charges. Saved me around $1,400.00 according to the dealer.
Mine was out of warranty as well, however after reminding the dealer this was my fourth Lexus, they replaced my amp at no charge.
Old 01-25-13, 06:35 AM
Carnut
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Patric
I think the dealer told you right, about $1,400 bucks. When mine went out, it just died. No noises or anything, just lost all audio and hands-free telephone usage. Count yourself as lucky. I have a 2009 LS-460 but I bought a Lexus Platinum Warranty from Toby Rivers at Shreveport (Bosier City) Toyota/Lexus at a VERY GOOD DEAL, to protect me until I decide if I'm going to trade for another Lexus. Frankly, The LS-460 has never measured up to the LS-430's and I'm sick and tired of the noisy fuel injection system "Clicking" away in my 460. I did learn the 460 DOES NOT have a timing belt, but a timing CHAIN, which also adds to the noise, so the dealers have told me. I'm really not happy with the 460 but thus far, no issues other than the amp failing. Good luck.
Old 01-25-13, 06:41 AM
Carnut
Pole Position

Default My AUGUST POST

I retract my post from August. It was not a fuse, my CD player and all worked but no audio. I have no idea what I was thinking. If a fuse had been blown to my radio/CD player, it would not have been playing, albeit I could not hear it. They did trace my harness and found a short near a tail light in the trunk of the car. They repaired that, replaced the amp and I've had no other issues. Just wanted to clarify my stupid post from August.
Old 08-15-14, 08:52 AM
jmay1359
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tdellat

Sent from my iPhone
Thank you!! I have this problem now and the clicking was driving me crazy. This is the best post on the Internet.
Excellent instructions to retrieving my sanity. When I bought a Lexus, I did not sign up for this mind numbing torture.
The following users liked this post:
Crawln2Scrapn (02-09-24)
Old 08-15-14, 03:49 PM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

See thread #33, please
Old 08-15-14, 03:53 PM
mrgameover
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jmay1359
Thank you!! I have this problem now and the clicking was driving me crazy. This is the best post on the Internet.
Excellent instructions to retrieving my sanity. When I bought a Lexus, I did not sign up for this mind numbing torture.
Never ran across option when mine went out, but there is also another fuse you can pull, located under the glove box passenger footwell looking up. if i recall correctly, it was a pink square fuse that terminated the "chirping" noise. then i went ahead and sent the amp to United Radio to repair. just putting this out there for future references.

Quick Reply: All Audio Died. Clicking Noise Started