LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I'm baaaack

Old 02-16-16, 07:11 PM
wrpsuite
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm baaaack

Left here in 2009 after selling my LS 400 with over 300k. Been driving a large Toyota SUV until now currently at 150k. Picking up later this week a one owner silver 08' LS460 with 75k- garage kept, dealer maintained with only one small ding. Will have many questions and looking forward to the next 10 years.
Old 02-16-16, 09:13 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Welcome back!
Old 02-16-16, 09:43 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Sounds as if you are getting a LS 460 that's well taken care of and maintained. Congrats!
Old 02-16-16, 11:35 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats, welcome back
Old 02-17-16, 04:42 AM
qtrung909
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats, you'll love the car
Old 02-17-16, 04:59 AM
Kennyr44
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Their a dream to drive. I'm retired and find myself just going for rides just to enjoy it. The LS 400 and ls430 are great transportation but these cars are way more fun, faster, handle better, look better etc.
Old 02-17-16, 07:49 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Welcome back. You are getting a great car. A ding can be repaired. Looking for photos!
Old 02-22-16, 06:34 PM
wrpsuite
Driver School Candidate

Picked the car up Friday and have the good fortune to drive for a month to decide to keep or not as the owner is out of town. Had more miles that I expected at 90k. It took some getting used to as I initially thought it was a little, don't take this the wrong way, boring. The more I drive the more I appreciate it and all the controls and how smooth it is. I just need to adjust my friends in general style. A former Lexus sales guy Told me not to be fooled that 'the car is fast as shi$ and will perform when I'm ready to get into it. I know It's silly I know that simple things like heated steering wheel and cup holders sell cars but man but everything seems so well placed. After a complete cleanup it really looks nice from every angle too.
A couple of simple questions in sure I could figure out if I read the manual but where is the fun in that- right. If I shut the engine down how can I keep it in acc mode with the radio on or windows still functional ? Also if I have headlights in auto mode when I get out and press the button on the door handle to lock will they go out after a certain amount of time. The only way I've been turning them off if by pressing lock on the remote. I've got a few other questions about the auto button above the parking assist button and why my headrest doesn't seem to adjust using the controls next to the seat button- assuming that's what that one does? Thanks in advance pics on the way as proof of life.

Last edited by wrpsuite; 02-22-16 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-23-16, 07:19 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 503 Likes on 382 Posts

from every angle too.
A couple of simple questions in sure I could figure out if I read the manual but where is the fun in that- right. If I shut the engine down how can I keep it in acc mode with the radio on or windows still functional ? Also if I have headlights in auto mode when I get out and press the button on the door handle to lock will they go out after a certain amount of time. The only way I've been turning them off if by pressing lock on the remote. I've got a few other questions about the auto button above the parking assist button and why my headrest doesn't seem to adjust using the controls next to the seat button- assuming that's what that one does? Thanks in advance pics on the way as proof of life.
Congrats on your new ride. If you're like most of us here at CL, you're going to be very happy.

To keep the acc mode on, after coming to a stop and BEFORE you put it in park, Turn the engine off and THEN shift to park.

Yes your lights will turn off after a certain amount of time. This time can be changed to your personal preference with a dealer, or you can do like me and buy the Carista app and a bluetooth dongle (total cos of about 25 bucks). This app and dongle can also set a host of other customizations that are normally done by the dealer, such as customizing seat belt chimes, auto door locking, DRL, etc, etc.
Old 02-23-16, 03:19 PM
wrpsuite
Driver School Candidate

Carista app sounds great. The seatbelt chime is really loud and aggressive but maybe that's a good thing.
I figured out last night after parking and shutting off engine pressing button again without foot on brake turns acc on.
Next I need to see if the radio is a2dp enabled so I can stream Bluetooth music or will it work through the usb cable ? The phone paired and works fine. This car has navi and park assist but not Mark Levinson sound from what I can tell and only one cd slot in the head unit.
Old 02-24-16, 01:25 PM
dal20402
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Careful with acc mode. Although I have the Mark Levinson system, I'm pretty sure in hindsight that a couple of listening sessions in acc mode pushed my already weak battery over the edge. Won't do that again with the replacement battery.

To adjust the headrest, push up or down on the same control that reclines the backrest when you push it side to side.
Old 02-24-16, 02:42 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by dal20402
Careful with acc mode. Although I have the Mark Levinson system, I'm pretty sure in hindsight that a couple of listening sessions in acc mode pushed my already weak battery over the edge. Won't do that again with the replacement battery.

To adjust the headrest, push up or down on the same control that reclines the backrest when you push it side to side.
Your battery was failing and listening to your ML stereo wasn't the issue, it was your weak battery. Your low battery indicator should have alerted you and shut your accessories off. If you have the right replacement battery go ahead and enjoy listening to your ML system.
Old 02-25-16, 06:50 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

I had a challenge with the headrest as well. It an auto feature on the side of the seat. Unless your 08 had a mod to it, there is no bluetooth audio nor usb connection. You have a mini plug inside the console which will activate the speakers, but no video descriptions on the screen. There is an addon folks here are doing to their sound system which can offer you the bluetooth, As for battery, I found out the hard way about putting the car in ACC mode and watching a dvd. The battery killed in a few minutes. It was the original battery so, perhaps that was part of it. Now, I leave the engine running when I listen to music or watch a dvd.
Old 02-25-16, 09:08 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 503 Likes on 382 Posts

I found out the hard way about putting the car in ACC mode and watching a dvd. The battery killed in a few minutes.
Same here and with a new battery. The ML system uses a ton pf power in addition to all the other electriical gizmos working while in acc mode.
Old 02-25-16, 05:51 PM
wrpsuite
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the tip on the headrest. A buddy of mine who sold Lexus for years came by today and showed me some neat stuff like the Hold button on the steering wheel and also explained the intermitent wipers which are unique can't wait to test out. Best news I got today was this car is not air ride equipt (my biggest worry). Pretty sure I'm going to keep it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm baaaack