LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

NAVI Update 7.1 (dealership equipment and expense)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-07, 12:50 PM
guy999
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allklr
link wont work...the vendor is cardemand and they have 100% feedback. The unit is 349.99.

i found it.

also you can search by item number 220185849774

link ishttp://cgi.ebay.com/Lexus-LS460-Navi...em220185849774
Old 12-30-07, 12:51 PM
guy999
Driver School Candidate

wait a minute, is that the right thing because that doesn't let you use the gps while driving.
Old 12-30-07, 01:33 PM
allklr
Pole Position

It says it will let you use some nav functions like address input that are locked out.
Old 12-30-07, 02:51 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Anything that doesn't allow POI lists to be displayed is a no-go for me. The main thing I'll miss after my Acura systems is being able to search POI's while moving.

I understand the PS unit allows that, so that's the way I'll go (assuming, of course, the thing works with 7.1).

Old 12-30-07, 05:44 PM
allklr
Pole Position

You should be able to find POI's through voice command, I also have mine set up to display all gas stations by default.
Old 12-30-07, 06:30 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

You should be able to find POI's through voice command, I also have mine set up to display all gas stations by default.
Yeah, well, there's a big difference between lots of little icons on-screen and getting the list complete with names, etc. It looks like when you ask the system for "nearest restaurants" or "motels" or "gas stations" while moving, you get ... ONE. Come to a stop on the side of the road () and you get the whole list.

I'm used to getting the whole list without having to risk my life stopping on the side of the road, so I want the PS unit.

Old 12-30-07, 08:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by tennisstar
rominl,

i'm still waiting on a final outcome of the 7.1 update with the override b/4 doing the install....will you let me know if all is ok when you find out?
if i get a chance to install the unit on a 7.1 car, i will for sure post back
Old 12-31-07, 07:35 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

I guess I'm rehashing, but hasn't there been only one account of a guy having some issues with 7.1? And wasn't there a possibility he just got a defective unit, or that it wasn't installed correctly?

Or have there been multiple cases of it not working?

Old 12-31-07, 09:50 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
I guess I'm rehashing, but hasn't there been only one account of a guy having some issues with 7.1? And wasn't there a possibility he just got a defective unit, or that it wasn't installed correctly?

Or have there been multiple cases of it not working?

i have only heard one case with 7.1 not working. and at the same time i also know of one 7.1 case that's working
Old 12-31-07, 10:05 AM
allklr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Yeah, well, there's a big difference between lots of little icons on-screen and getting the list complete with names, etc. It looks like when you ask the system for "nearest restaurants" or "motels" or "gas stations" while moving, you get ... ONE. Come to a stop on the side of the road () and you get the whole list.

I'm used to getting the whole list without having to risk my life stopping on the side of the road, so I want the PS unit.

On the NAV screen hit Map view and select POI's, You can have up to six different categories that will display at all times. If you want more info or select a POI as a destination all you have to do is tap on the icon.
Old 12-31-07, 02:58 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

On the NAV screen hit Map view and select POI's, You can have up to six different categories that will display at all times. If you want more info or select a POI as a destination all you have to do is tap on the icon.
Thanks, allklr - I used to have the POI icon display thingy on my Infiniti M45, and it was hard to see a cluster of icons and know which one or ones you might even WANT to select for further info.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I'm used to getting a list of all known POI's of a given type while (for instance) I'm cruising into a town, so I can see about brands of motels, types and names of restaurants (and even Zagat ratings with the Acura system), and maybe gas stations by brand, all in a list I can scroll through and make a decision about where to stay or eat or gas up. The blizzard of icons on the screen tell me very little, unless I can make out the MacDonalds icon. LOL. Little burger or knife-and-fork icons don't tell you much, and you hate to punch the screen a zillion times checking out a bunch of dead-end leads.

The PS unit gives me only 5 minutes at a whack to see everything, but that's far better than "nothing"!

Old 12-31-07, 04:16 PM
allklr
Pole Position

Zagat ratings....thats pretty cool, I just started messing with the POI's since I updated to the 7.1. The proper icons I have seen so far are fast food places,shell, and BP amoco. The rest are generic like you said with the fork and knife icons. Did your 08 come standard with the 7.1 nav?
Old 12-31-07, 06:06 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Zagat ratings....thats pretty cool, I just started messing with the POI's since I updated to the 7.1. The proper icons I have seen so far are fast food places,shell, and BP amoco. The rest are generic like you said with the fork and knife icons. Did your 08 come standard with the 7.1 nav?
LOL. I'm still waiting for my car. It's on it's way here by truck from out-of-state, and should be ready Friday (so they tell me).

And I'm assuming it has 7.1. If it doesn't, I have a real dilemma ... do I insist they upgrade it to the newer 7.1, or just keep 7.0 and not have any doubts about the PS unit working???

Aside from the "I Agree" screen going off on its own, is 7.1 noticeably superior to 7.0?

Old 12-31-07, 06:47 PM
allklr
Pole Position

Tough choice, The I agree was getting real annoying for me, I have not really noticed any other changes.I was all ready to get the PS unit myself until they were not sure it would work with 7.1.
Old 01-02-08, 09:24 AM
2007es350
Lead Lap

My dealer performed the 7.1 upgrade for me about 2 weeks ago....free as a goodwill gesture. My upgrade was the first hard drive based nav system they have performed and took about 45 minutes just to download the latest map data from toyota/lexus.

Besides a few more streets and the "I Agree" notification going away after a few seconds, the UI is the same. Removing the need to acknowledge the "I Agree" screen on every startup is a big plus for me.

Quick Reply: NAVI Update 7.1 (dealership equipment and expense)