LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS 460 L (5 passenger) Comparison: [American VS Middle Eastern] + Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-07, 09:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by GSsnarl
What's important to me is that I've seen WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY more LS460L's in Saudi Arabia in 1 day than I saw in the US in 5 weeks. so mouhahahahaaaaa
Seriously though, plus quite a few of them are driven by young people.
hehee, they probably make enough money to buy a ferrari every day over there
Old 08-26-07, 12:25 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we don't have Radar Cruise Control & Auto Parking.
Old 08-26-07, 05:50 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rashood
we don't have Radar Cruise Control & Auto Parking.
Im not so sure of what your trying to tell. First what do you mean by Radar Cruise Control ? Is it a radar detector? or driving at a constant, steady speed?

If this is what you meant Middle Eastern Versions have it. if not i think you meant a radar built in detector that beeps everytime you get closer to a radar.

Do American versions have Radar Cruise Control by default?

Last edited by uae; 08-26-07 at 05:54 AM.
Old 08-26-07, 09:25 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I meant it slows down when a car is near to the LS460.
Old 08-26-07, 11:45 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rashood
I meant it slows down when a car is near to the LS460.

Oh that we dont have as well, sorry for my misunderstanding buddy my mistake

Last edited by uae; 08-26-07 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-26-07, 12:16 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Do the Ls460L (US versions) have any of these:

Pre-Crash Brake Assist: system is put on stand-by to give maximum brake pressure the moment the driver presses the brake pedal.
Emergency Steering Assist: improves steering response to driver input.
Adaptive Variable Suspension: stiffens the dampers, controlling nose dive when pre-crash braking is engaged and increasing the car’s responsiveness to evasion steering.
Old 08-26-07, 01:08 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GSsnarl
What's important to me is that I've seen WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY more LS460L's in Saudi Arabia in 1 day than I saw in the US in 5 weeks. so mouhahahahaaaaa
Seriously though, plus quite a few of them are driven by young people.
That I will attest to that as well. I remember I was on Ta7lyah street in Riyadh and saw there pearl white LS460's parked next to each other ( its a popular color). The streets are croweded by LS's.

Not to mention, it didn't come out until feb over there (i was there in April-May).
Old 08-26-07, 02:08 PM
LexusArabi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was told that on 08 lexus will come with the following opt for the GCC area

Panaoramic view like the ES (i dont know how ture is that)
Auto Parking
Pre-Crash Brake Assist
Emergency Steering Assist

i am not sure about that info but my sales man asked me to watie for the 08
Old 08-26-07, 11:23 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Well to me i dont think these changes will take place in middle eastern versions. Especially The APGS.
Old 08-27-07, 09:04 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

I don't know if it is worth mentioning but there is a feature called REAR ACTIVE HEAD RESTRAINTS (aka REAR PRE-CRASH SYSTEM).

Only available for Japan (and Europe I think).
Old 08-27-07, 12:46 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Features Below are not Availabe in the Middle Eastern Version
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
1.Pre-Crash Brake Assist:

System is put on stand-by to give maximum brake pressure the moment the driver presses the brake pedal.

2.Emergency Steering Assist:

Improves steering response to driver input.System acts to minimize body roll and improve vehicle responsiveness in sudden maneuvers. This system reduces the steering gear ratio and prompts the suspension to adopt stiffer settings,helping make emergency maneuvers more stable and controlled.

3.Adaptive Variable Suspension:

stiffens the dampers, controlling nose dive when pre-crash braking is engaged and increasing the car’s responsiveness to evasion steering.

4.Advanced Obstacle Detection System:

The new Advanced Obstacle Detection System can detect a wide range of obstacles ahead of the vehicle, including – for the first time – pedestrians. Depending on weather conditions, it will work during both day and night-time driving. The system combines information gathered from a front-mounted millimetre-wave radar, as used in Lexus’s established PCS system, and a twin-lens infrared stereo camera located on the top edge of the windscreen. The camera picks up near-infrared radiation, emitted from dedicated units built into the car’s headlamp high-beam projectors, when it is reflected off objects directly ahead, up to 25 metres distant.

5.Driver Monitoring System:

The new LS 460 is equipped with the world’s first driver monitoring system, designed to warn of dangers ahead if the driver takes his or her eyes off the road.
A CCD (charge-coupled device) camera is mounted on top of the steering column cover with six built-in near-infrared LEDs, which enable the system to work accurately both day and night.
When the vehicle is started up, the system automatically plots the position of the driver’s facial features – eyes nose and mouth – and measures the width and centre line of the face. This information is used as a reference as it monitors movement of the driver’s head when looking from side to side.
If the driver turns his or her head away from the road ahead while the vehicle is moving and an obstacle is detected in front of the vehicle, the system automatically activates a pre-crash warning light and buzzer. If the situation persists, the brakes are briefly applied to alert the driver. And if this still fails to elicit action from the driver, the PCS engages emergency braking preparation and front seatbelt pre-tensioning.
Before being brought to market, the system has been tested with more than 100 drivers, covering more than 100,000km. As long as the driver’s face is in the clear sight-line of the camera, it will function accurately regardless of the driver’s seat position, facial characteristics, or if sunglasses are being worn.

6.Rear Pre-Crash Safety System:

LS 460 features the world’s first Rear Pre-Crash Safety system, using a millimetre-wave radar set into the rear bumper. This constantly scans the area around the back of the car, both when the vehicle is on the move and parked.
If a collision is calculated to be unavoidable, the system activates the front seat Pre-Crash Intelligent Headrests. These move up to 60mm forwards and 35 mm upwards to cushion the head in anticipation of an impact, greatly reducing the risk of whiplash injury. The headrests are fitted with a sensor that measures the distance between the passenger’s head and the headrest itself, so there is no risk of the emergency adjustment itself causing substantial contact. The system does not operate if the seat is unoccupied.

Passive safety features include eight standard airbags (up to eleven with upgraded rear seats),passenger detection systems, front and rear crumple zones, three-point seatbelts with pretensioners and force limiters, and a reinforced steel body.Dual-stage driver and twin-chambered front passenger airbags, full-length side curtain airbags, front knee airbags, and Thorax-Abdomen-Pelvis (TAP) airbags are installed on the LS Series.

7.Frontal Pre-Crash:

The Frontal Pre-Crash system will activate a warning buzzer and red dash lights to alert the driver if a potential hazard is detected in the vehicle's path. If the system detects a potential collision, the Emergency Steering Assist and brake assist systems will activate, increasing effectiveness in emergency maneuvers and stopping. If a collision is determined to be unavoidable, the seatbelt pretensioners will activate, and the brakes will automatically engage to slow the vehicle.

8.The Lane Keeping Assist:

feature includes the Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Keep (LK) systems. When activated, the LDW system will issue an audiovisual warning and apply a brief corrective steering response when veering motion is detected. The LK system (activated when the adaptive cruise control is engaged) will actively provide continued steering inputs to return the LS to its proper lane.

Last edited by uae; 08-27-07 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-27-07, 02:23 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Of those systems...the Lane-Keeping Assist, Rear Pre-Crash Safety System, and Driver Monitoring System are not available on the LS 460/460 L, if my information is correct. Not sure about the Advanced Obstacle Detection System as part of the Lexus Pre-Collision System in the US...however the Driver Monitoring System and Advanced Obstacle Detection System are available on the LS 600h L in certain versions.
Old 08-28-07, 12:40 AM
Saudi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

at our area it's confirmed today that the new ls460 2008 will have"
1.Auto parking
2.Radar Detector slows down when a car is near
3.No panoramic Roof
Thats all.
Regards,
Old 08-28-07, 01:43 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Thanx for the heads up, if so is there any chance our cars get upgraded ?

I was off the phone with my dealer he said its to early to know before february

The Auto parking hes definitely sure it wont be there because all cars that have the Advanced Parking are being recalled due to some problems.

Radar Detector slows down when a car is near << hes not sure either; and for the upgrade he said you have to check with the workshop if the computer system in the car allows the upgrade.

A panorama roof like the one in the ES350 would add a lot of fun to the car.

Last edited by uae; 08-28-07 at 03:59 AM.
Old 08-28-07, 09:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

but it will take away all the diffuser AC, probably that's why?

Quick Reply: LS 460 L (5 passenger) Comparison: [American VS Middle Eastern] + Pictures