LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

People can barely hear me on handsfree...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-07, 10:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma888
Your car is very nice...

No need to feel left out, as the pic I posted was an LS 600h L. The attached pic is the 'regular' LS 460 L in the US. It does have 3 HomeLink (garage door) buttons which the Middle East LS does not, however the Middle East one offers the Rear Seat DVD system which is not available on most LS 460 L here (except for Exec class 4-seat version). So different markets get different stuff.

Also it seems like the Middle East version has 2 microphone openings, the US version has 1.
what kind of packages give you the lexuslink?
Old 08-16-07, 11:21 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Interesting question, Lexus.com lists Lexus Link as a standalone $900 option. Then there are 2 coverage plan options as listed on:

http://www.lexus.com/models/LS/acces...exus_link.html

I guess there is a certain allocation of models thus equipped. We have at least one owner on these boards who has the option and swears by it.

Interestingly, speaking of the handsfree microphone, the adjacent G-Link system on the Japan market LS 460 is yet another variation. This one has a transparent button housing cover, which reminds me of those military/heavy equipment special buttons. You have to lift the cover to press the special button underneath!
Attached Thumbnails People can barely hear me on handsfree...-g-link.jpg  
Old 08-17-07, 01:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yeah, i never paid close attention (let alone i mostly only look at lwb), i think most of the cars i have seen have the lexuslink
Old 08-20-07, 01:55 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shawnjohn9
Hi, you can turn up the outgoing and incoming calls on your bluetooth function.
with the key on push the display button, the display on the nav screen comes up, push the screen with your finger under the top border left side, then push the screen to above the bottom display border left side, do this back and forth until the diagnostic screen displays, hit menu at the top right, push handsfree <normally at the bottom> then adjust the volume of incoming and outgoing calls. you will have to turn the car off then back on to exit the diag system to allow your radio and other functions. hope this helps

I tried it but it didnt seem to work i might be pushing the wrong place. Anyone who followed shawnjohn9 steps and got it working please post a quick picture tutorial that would help me and others.
Old 08-20-07, 04:16 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

I think accessing the NAVI diagnostic screen with the up/down screen trick only works in older generation systems.

Edit: Actually, apparently it does work--however there is no longer an override feature.

Last edited by encore888; 08-20-07 at 11:49 PM. Reason: correction
Old 08-20-07, 06:43 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

I think accessing the NAVI diagnostic screen with the up/down screen trick only works in older generation systems.

Thanx for your confirmation but are you sure about that or are you guessing? And is there any way to increase the microphone input level ?

Last edited by encore888; 08-20-07 at 09:03 PM. Reason: typo in quote
Old 08-20-07, 09:02 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Correction - if you want to change microphone volume, the up/down trick is supposed to work on the LS 460.

I thought that the up/down trick only works on the previous generation, I have done it on the LS 430. However, apparently it does work on the LS 460. (see below)

Last edited by encore888; 08-20-07 at 11:55 PM. Reason: thx for the correction
Old 08-20-07, 10:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

no, it works on the ls460 as well. i was at the dealership the other day after i saw shawn's reply and it worked. i brought up the screen. however, there's no override in it. i did see the part about bluetooth

and i couldn't find a way to exit the diagnostic tool except shutting the car down (sales was wondering what i was doing...).....

owners can try it out and see if you can find anything about override
Old 08-20-07, 11:49 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Thanks for correcting me, rominl. Clearly I need to own the LS 460 to get the full information. And I need to get a full night's sleep before posting misinformation. Please excuse my error.

So what I read on these forums was that the up/down trick does not offer an override. I misinterpreted that to mean that the up/down trick no longer works at all. I have edited my earlier posts to reflect the right info.

Last edited by encore888; 08-20-07 at 11:56 PM.
Old 08-21-07, 12:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Thanks for correcting me, rominl. Clearly I need to own the LS 460 to get the full information. And I need to get a full night's sleep before posting misinformation. Please excuse my error.

So what I read on these forums was that the up/down trick does not offer an override. I misinterpreted that to mean that the up/down trick no longer works at all. I have edited my earlier posts to reflect the right info.
lol, nah, the car is still so new all of us are still learning every day. those of us without the car is just more painful coz' we can only ask for more test drives and so to do what we want to try

ls460 owners, please help!
Old 08-21-07, 02:44 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
no, it works on the ls460 as well. i was at the dealership the other day after i saw shawn's reply and it worked. i brought up the screen. however, there's no override in it. i did see the part about bluetooth

and i couldn't find a way to exit the diagnostic tool except shutting the car down (sales was wondering what i was doing...).....

owners can try it out and see if you can find anything about override
Thanx for your confirmation. I tried following the tutorial that shawn provided but still no luck tell me what im doing wrong here.

Download video(Me trying shawns steps :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLI6x4-lh2I

Please upload pictures that would be a gr8 help to me and all the LS owners, thanks again rominl.

Last edited by uae; 08-31-07 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-21-07, 02:51 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

I tried downloading your video but it comes out as a small ~1.5 kb file that doesn't play. Maybe bandwidth limits?

Anyhow, this is the way the hidden screen is accessed in the LS 430, a video was made by CL member airtime:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysXzM9t7erQ

Perhaps the LS 460 L service screen access works the same way. Of course, the video focuses on using the 'override' button which doesn't exist on the 460/460 L, but the service screen is where the microphone volume adjustment might be.
Old 08-21-07, 08:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yeah i can't d/l your video, if i can see it i can tell you what went wrong.

basically the key is, when you hit the DISP button, the display properties will come up at the top and the bottom. do not touch those areas. for example if you are on the map screen and then press on the DISP button, touch the top left bottom left top left bottom left of the remaining map area. that should get you to the diagnostic screen.

obviously it's hard for me to get pics when i don't have the car @_@
Old 08-21-07, 04:31 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

I tried downloading your video but it comes out as a small ~1.5 kb file that doesn't play. Maybe bandwidth limits?

Anyhow, this is the way the hidden screen is accessed in the LS 430, a video was made by CL member airtime:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysXzM9t7erQ

Perhaps the LS 460 L service screen access works the same way. Of course, the video focuses on using the 'override' button which doesn't exist on the 460/460 L, but the service screen is where the microphone volume adjustment might be.
Thanx man for that video, yes bandwith limits ive uploaded a newer video the so after watching the youtube video i did the same :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZdTeSEPrmc
i also did the same at the volume control screen, but still no luck . Maybe the option is not available for middle eastern versions or im missing something.
Old 08-21-07, 04:34 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
yeah i can't d/l your video, if i can see it i can tell you what went wrong.

basically the key is, when you hit the DISP button, the display properties will come up at the top and the bottom. do not touch those areas. for example if you are on the map screen and then press on the DISP button, touch the top left bottom left top left bottom left of the remaining map area. that should get you to the diagnostic screen.

obviously it's hard for me to get pics when i don't have the car @_@

No problem buddy, ill be waiting for your pics when you bring the car back. Im just curious if my car supports this option or not.

Quick Reply: People can barely hear me on handsfree...