ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017-178/)
-   -   JD Power - Is it worth it? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/290385-jd-power-is-it-worth-it.html)

Johnny 06-26-07 12:25 PM

JD Power - Is it worth it?

I recently received an extensive survey (150+ questions) from this organization. First of all, I abhor surveys and relish the opportunity to unload my vitriol whenever telemarketers make the mistake of calling me. Further, the data we as consumers get to see afterwards is limited and bland, and mostly deals with "overall satisfaction" related questions. We never get to find out how other respondents rated the other topics or details. This suggests to me that JD Power is a self-serving organization, and only makes the data available to whomever pays for it. And really, what's in it for me? Other than some silly contest entry, of course...

So here I have the survey completed, and am debating whether to send it or not.

Am I the only one who thinks like this?

PhilipMSPT 06-26-07 12:52 PM

The thing is, people are willing to pay for the valuable information that you know about your car (although you do give that info for free here on CL).

I say, turn it in, and although JD Power profits from it, someone will still take advantage of whatever input/info you may provide.

joedaddy1 06-26-07 02:41 PM

There's a chance you can get on a "list" for future car studies..
Somehow I got on that list..
now i get a call every 2~3 months to come in for an hour over the week and make a quick $150~$200 and i get to see some future automotive gadgets and design..

Gojirra99 06-26-07 03:39 PM

I've never received any survey questionaires from them :uh:

rominl 06-26-07 04:31 PM

hey there is a whopping $1 bill in there, fill up the survey! :)

j/k, so far i have gotten maybe 3-4 surveys for our cars and home, i have filled out every one of them. just trying to do my job, that's how i think about it

plus, you can do it online now, that's a lot easier

Luxofreak 06-26-07 05:10 PM

I did receive this same survey with the $1 bill. I filled it out positively, I think the LS-460 is an outstanding car.

GS3Tek 06-26-07 10:38 PM

That whole $1 is a joke, but I fill it out anyways.:)
You can b$tch or praise all you want about your car:p

GS3Tek 06-26-07 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Robarapta (Post 2724032)
I've never received any survey questionaires from them :uh:

Hmmmm, maybe the postal guy took it:p

Everytime you buy/lease a brand new car, they send them to you.:uh:

The question is, "would you be willing to fill them out?":D

Gojirra99 06-26-07 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by GS3Tek (Post 2725048)
Hmmmm, maybe the postal guy took it:p

Everytime you buy/lease a brand new car, they send them to you.:uh:

The question is, "would you be willing to fill them out?":D

I thought it's because it's Canada that I don't get them, but Burnaby got one. I bought a Lexus & an Infinti in the past 4 1/2 years & I've never seen their questionaires :dunno:

bitkahuna 06-26-07 11:21 PM

I got RDA, JD Powers, and another one recently, for my new Miata.

SOOOO many questions. I just couldn't be bothered. And I felt a lot of it is an invasion of privacy.

rominl 06-26-07 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Robarapta (Post 2725058)
I thought it's because it's Canada that I don't get them, but Burnaby got one. I bought a Lexus & an Infinti in the past 4 1/2 years & I've never seen their questionaires :dunno:

yeah i think more than likely it's due to the fact that you are in canada?

Johnny 06-27-07 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Robarapta (Post 2725058)

Want mine? It's all filled out... :D