ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017-178/)
-   -   Help With Cooled Seats (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/258347-help-with-cooled-seats.html)

dfiorito 01-10-07 05:59 AM

Help With Cooled Seats

This is the package I have on my "L".

"Luxury Package can be further equipped with the Rear-Seat Upgrade Package, featuring four-zone climate control with air filter, rear seat air purifier, rear seat audio controls, cool box, and five power sunshades"

What I do not understand is the cooled seats. In front driver's seat when I put on the heat it gets hot. The further I push the knob, the hotter it gets. However, nothing seems to happen when I push the knob on the cool. Is it supposed to get cool? Cold? The back seats are the same.

Does anyone have the same experience? Should I tell the dealer about this? I never had a car with seats like this so I do not know what to expect.

Any help?

allisonb1013 01-10-07 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by dfiorito (Post 2345210)
This is the package I have on my "L".

"Luxury Package can be further equipped with the Rear-Seat Upgrade Package, featuring four-zone climate control with air filter, rear seat air purifier, rear seat audio controls, cool box, and five power sunshades"

What I do not understand is the cooled seats. In front driver's seat when I put on the heat it gets hot. The further I push the knob, the hotter it gets. However, nothing seems to happen when I push the knob on the cool. Is it supposed to get cool? Cold? The back seats are the same.

Does anyone have the same experience? Should I tell the dealer about this? I never had a car with seats like this so I do not know what to expect.

Any help?

from what i've noticed what you're wearing makes a difference on whether you can feel the "cool". when you have the cooled setting on it will feel like there is cool air coming through the perforations in the seat. it's a strange feeling at first. i didn't really feel it when i had jeans on, but with shorts on, HELLO!

dfiorito 01-10-07 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by allisonb1013 (Post 2345227)
from what i've noticed what you're wearing makes a difference on whether you can feel the "cool". when you have the cooled setting on it will feel like there is cool air coming through the perforations in the seat. it's a strange feeling at first. i didn't really feel it when i had jeans on, but with shorts on, HELLO!

I am not getting that.. I will have to mention to the service dept.

rominl 01-10-07 09:36 AM

if you really dont' feel anything, talk to them. you are supposed to get cool air from the seat. tried that on the LS and GS, both work the same (and also ES too i believe)

RXSF 01-10-07 04:08 PM

lol turn them on and see if you can hear anything? or just put your hand above the seat by a centimeter and see if you feel it