LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Anyone getting Discount?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-06, 06:00 AM
exBMWowner
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rocman
What color Ext / Int?
starfire white exterior/cashmere interior, every option except the exec seating, MSRP $85,947.
Old 11-15-06, 01:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by exBMWowner
starfire white exterior/cashmere interior, every option except the exec seating, MSRP $85,947.
maybe you can give him a call and see what kind of discount they have. that's good indication of what the market is heading i guess
Old 11-15-06, 05:19 AM
exBMWowner
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
maybe you can give him a call and see what kind of discount they have. that's good indication of what the market is heading i guess
It's not quite that simple. I know they want my business, and I walked in letting them know I'm only buying at a discount, and the sales rep is trying to find a way to make a deal happen. They will probably sell this one for pretty close to full MSRP to whoever it goes to. As for what my price would have been, it would not be appropriate for me to go down that conversation. You never negotiate the price of a car you have no interest in buying. It frustrates the dealers and makes them less likely to want to negotiate with you next time around. And if I simply asked him what kind of discount it would be, his answer would have been meaningless, because he will never throw out his bottom line.

If I had to guess, I suspect I would have gotten about a $3K discount if I really wanted it. However, I know the discounts will be bigger as the inventory continues to pile up.
Old 11-16-06, 07:41 PM
TandaT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS460 prices

LS460 (SWB) CP NV PA PP Z1 MSRP=$67,242 Invoice=$59,035
LS460 (SWB) NL PA PP RU Z1 MSRP=$72,102 Invoice=$62,797
LS460 (LWB) LL MH MZ PA PI Z1 MSRP=$79,352 Invoice=$69,352
LS460 (LWB) AS LL LR MH MZ PA PI PS Z1 MSRP=$85,947 Invoice=$74,628

Enjoy.. good luck with your shopping. Getting a discount right now is nearly impossible, maybe in 6 months or so....
Old 11-17-06, 04:43 AM
worldcat
Rookie

WEll if everyone quite buying the new LS the prices would come down really quick!! I would never pay full price. These cars are going to fall like rocks at the sale. Thats when i am going to pick one up. 13K mark up is just way to much.
Old 11-17-06, 08:10 AM
brt3
Driver

Dude -- don't you realize, "if you build it, they will come"?

Seriously, I think there are a LOT of BMW + Mercedes owners (like me) who've never considered a Lexus in the past, but who are sick and tired of the German Uber-Sedan Ownership Experience. LS sales are not cooling off anytime soon, IMHO...
Old 11-17-06, 02:37 PM
exBMWowner
Driver

My dealer called me again this week to tell me that they had the exact car I wanted in stock. He also mentioned that the December Sales event has started early, and they now have more attractive financing on the cars than they previously had. The original lease quote I got was $1540/month based on an MSRP of $85,947. The new lease quote was $1,437. That still seems high to me. He said they would be willing to do a "small" discount, which will likely be in the $2,000 range. I don't think I want to pay that much though. If the invoice is only around $74K, I can't imagine paying more than $80K.

I think it's only a matter of time before they have quite a few of these sitting around in the showrooms.
Old 11-18-06, 10:47 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

They will never have many of them in the showroom, however depending on dealer and their situation, they might offer some MSRP.

Smaller dealers usually dont give discounts ever. Larger dealers do, just to get your business.

Best bet is dealers with internet sales dept which will give you discounts just to get out of area business that they wouldnt get otherwise.

It is really dealer per dealer scenario, if they need to sell something quick to move other cars, meet their targets, etc, etc....
Old 11-18-06, 08:34 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

i dont see giving a discount any time soon, too many pre-sold cars with money in the house and not close to enough cars, it will be several months before dealers are out of pre-sold units coming in
Old 11-22-06, 09:29 PM
bluex5
Driver School Candidate

My dad & uncle just each bought one (a lwb silver/bk & a regular silver/gray at tustin ca). 1500 off msrp on each car 11/17/06. 5.99 interest rate fo 4yrs no prepaid fee. The cars each had about $8000 in upgrades. It took all day to get the discounts.
Old 11-24-06, 11:20 AM
GS430X6
Pole Position

My salesman called me and offered a 3K discount off a 72K MSRP sticker, car is in stock, my colors and options. I told him I have lost interest in the LS460 because of the way I was treated when I went into the show room 1 month ago. How was I treated? When I asked for a discount they laughed at me, and when I say laugh I mean hysterically and that reaction really got under my skin. Well that's fine, they can laugh till the sun goes down but they will not have the pleasure of depositing any more of my money in the bank. This is the way I was treated after purchasing around 10 cars in the last 15 years from JM Lexus. Not only have they lost my business because of their greed but several more sales they made by me telling my clients to buy from JM Lexus. Now they can laugh till it hurts.... 10K profit on a car is nothing but pure greed. BTW, you should see the 30 millon dollar yacht the owner of JM Lexus owns. It's fine to make a profit, but don't spat in my face while doing so.
Old 11-24-06, 11:34 AM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS430X6
BTW, you should see the 30 millon dollar yacht the owner of JM Lexus owns. It's fine to make a profit, but don't spat in my face while doing so.
jim moran just has jm lexus just for fun. the money jm lexus makes just puts gas in his yacht(s). he makes all his real money as the owner of southeast toyota distributors and jm&a insurance company.
Old 11-24-06, 05:34 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jjbodean
jim moran just has jm lexus just for fun. the money jm lexus makes just puts gas in his yacht(s). he makes all his real money as the owner of southeast toyota distributors and jm&a insurance company.
Alabama is not too far from Florida. Why not make it up to GS430X6 for JM's shortcomings with a great deal on a new LS460? It's good to know that Lexus dealerships are participating in this forum.

e
Old 11-24-06, 11:07 PM
blange400
Driver

Talking

I did a lil traveling to get my car you can too.
There are many cool Lex dealers. If you want to keep the hometown dealer, Take the sales manager to task, tell him you love to call talk radio stations (His Customer Demographic) and you'd like to say you got a good deal, not that you got pissed off or on. If he's still an asshull, go to a better dealer, many folks here will point you to good reps.

PS: Your local Mercedes Benz dealer hooks to MORE than $10k per S model and some other models are WAY WAY more than 10k.

Based on the qualilty of my recently shoved off Q45, Nissan is grossing out too.

If you sell 350 Fords a month you can chip off a $400 profit car. If you sell 30-50 cars a month you have less per unit to polish the Cherry wood walls.
Old 12-14-06, 05:00 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Whatever gave you that idea?

haha j/k
Seriously Henry, how many cars have you bought from me over the years? I've shown you so many invoices and made sure I took care of you on pricing every time. You should have the pricing pattern down by now! lol
Liz, call me up when you know i can get a LS460L at invoice or close to invoice with all the options.

Quick Reply: Anyone getting Discount?