ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006-158/)
-   -   Stop asking to buy parts off my car (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/916511-stop-asking-to-buy-parts-off-my-car.html)

05ls430518 04-17-19 05:40 AM

Stop asking to buy parts off my car

To the members of the LS forum stop asking me to sell random parts off my vehicle if I list it for sale in the for sale section then you can ask me if its for sale. Next person that ask's me is not going to like my response.

jonathanz 04-17-19 06:16 AM

lolz, funniest thing ever! i guess people lack of common sense?

they might as well reach out to dealer and ask if they want to part out their brand new cars in lot. hahaha

Johnhav430 04-17-19 07:08 AM

It's like when a person wins the lottery and "relatives" crawl out of the woodwork! My wife's stepmom's best friend won. We got to visit their new home and it was a mansion. But then we heard how they have all these new relatives from all over the world (legit but beyond even 2nd cousins) trying to catch up lol even kids and parents not happy with each other.

p.s. the build is ridiculous! SWEET :thumbup:

Kira X 04-17-19 09:29 AM

I get this all the time from the local guys. I’ve done it myself once for a super rare grille.

One thing I’ve been curious about is how some of the guys on here find all of these awesome rare parts. A lot of the places I used in the past aren’t around anymore. It seems Yahoo Auctions Japan seems to have a lot of stuff. I run into some stuff on eBay. Many of our vendors on here don’t stock the parts I’m looking for.

One place I’ve run into with tons of rare parts is Central Pine but they’re extremely shady. My sister ordered a grille for her LS430 and they never shipped it out. They also didn’t return any E-Mails for a month until she did a refund through PayPal. I’ve hear this happens a lot from them and they delete any negative reviews they receive on Facebook. It’s a shame because they have everything for our cars too.

Trilkb 04-17-19 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by 05ls430518 (Post 10495108)
To the members of the LS forum stop asking me to sell random parts off my vehicle if I list it for sale in the for sale section then you can ask me if its for sale. Next person that ask's me is not going to like my response.

What do you have for sale? Im interested.

kos 04-17-19 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Trilkb (Post 10495381)
What do you have for sale? Im interested.

Surprised it took this long haha!

kos 04-17-19 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Kira X (Post 10495302)
One place I’ve run into with tons of rare parts is Central Pine but they’re extremely shady. My sister ordered a grille for her LS430 and they never shipped it out. They also didn’t return any E-Mails for a month until she did a refund through PayPal. I’ve hear this happens a lot from them and they delete any negative reviews they receive on Facebook. It’s a shame because they have everything for our cars too.

Yikes. Heard this a few times myself, one of the main reasons I've yet to deal with them.

Dubbayoo 04-17-19 11:20 AM

Dang, I was jonesing for those fuzzy dice. :)

Trilkb 04-17-19 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by kos (Post 10495397)
Surprised it took this long haha!

Some people just cant handle the internet I guess.

Kira X 04-17-19 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by kos (Post 10495401)
Yikes. Heard this a few times myself, one of the main reasons I've yet to deal with them.

It was really disappointing because Sam from Central Pine had a lot of stuff I wanted for my SC and LS. 05LS430518 actually had warned me about doing business with him due to a similar situation with him. Central Pine’s prices are pretty high in most cases.

We ended getting her a grille off led off of the forums. A lot of the parts that were widely available when I bought my LS aren’t available now so it’s been tough building her car how she wants it.