Default “BEST METHOD” How to disable VSC LS2004-2006 *SOLVED*

Remove the wood panel around the gear stick
Remove the cupholder
Pull the socket attached to an ECU With “VSC” sticker on it
Now drift the F out of it

”Sorry for my english, English is not my native language.”
Please let me know how it goes with you 👍🏽
Any further questions?

Last edited by Albasahi; 03-14-19 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-15-19, 04:47 AM
BigBoomer
Instructor

Received 238 Likes on 194 Posts

That "ECU" is the G-Sensor. Apparently you can put a switch in the green wire and use that to switch it off and on again. When off you get a VSC warning on the dash. Be warned, you may need to use an ODB2 reader to reset the code after you have switched it off.
Old 03-15-19, 08:11 AM
Albasahi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBoomer
That "ECU" is the G-Sensor. Apparently you can put a switch in the green wire and use that to switch it off and on again. When off you get a VSC warning on the dash. Be warned, you may need to use an ODB2 reader to reset the code after you have switched it off.
Good idea !
That’s what I’ve been thinking about, and all you need to do to remove the error is to turn the car off and switch it on again obviously after connecting it back either by the switch or reconnecting the socket, you dont need an obd2 reader. Adding a swich is going to make it so easy to control VSC on and off because the ECU is not easy to reach unless you want to remove the cupholder everytime you want to disconnect it.

PS — VSC saved me once in the rain and since then I’ve never had the guts to disconnect it unless i want to do drift .. atleast with intentions unlike with the rain incident
careful!
Old 03-15-19, 03:12 PM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Albasahi

Good idea !
That’s what I’ve been thinking about, and all you need to do to remove the error is to turn the car off and switch it on again obviously after connecting it back either by the switch or reconnecting the socket, you dont need an obd2 reader. Adding a swich is going to make it so easy to control VSC on and off because the ECU is not easy to reach unless you want to remove the cupholder everytime you want to disconnect it.

PS — VSC saved me once in the rain and since then I’ve never had the guts to disconnect it unless i want to do drift .. atleast with intentions unlike with the rain incident
careful!
You know you can just unplug a abs sensor and it will do the exact same thing......
Old 03-15-19, 03:17 PM
Albasahi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 05ls430518
You know you can just unplug a abs sensor and it will do the exact same thing......
The title says the Best method = Easy method
Old 03-16-19, 06:08 AM
05ls430518
Pole Position

The title says the Best method = Easy method
.......you have to remove half the center with your method, you look under the car and disconnect the abs sensor with mine so yah
Old 03-16-19, 06:17 AM
Albasahi
Driver School Candidate

.......you have to remove half the center with your method, you look under the car and disconnect the abs sensor with mine so yah
Why would you want to disconnect something like ABS to pull the VSC with it. If thats how you want to do it
just go pull the MAF Socket while the car running
its going to turn off so connect it back and then switch the car back on now you have 3 errors and the VSC is one of them 😂😂 don’t you ask me about disconnecting VSC but
what i was doing is letting you guys know how to properly do it 👍🏽👍🏽
Old 03-17-19, 05:04 AM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Why would you want to disconnect something like ABS to pull the VSC with it. If thats how you want to do it
just go pull the MAF Socket while the car running
its going to turn off so connect it back and then switch the car back on now you have 3 errors and the VSC is one of them 😂😂 don’t you ask me about disconnecting VSC but
what i was doing is letting you guys know how to properly do it 👍🏽👍🏽
The abs controls your vsc, there is no "proper way" to disconnect the vsc your car is put into limp mode when the vsc light is on and it also disables abs because....(wait for it) the abs controls the vsc.

Last edited by 05ls430518; 03-17-19 at 05:08 AM.
Old 03-17-19, 07:02 AM
Albasahi
Driver School Candidate

The abs controls your vsc, there is no "proper way" to disconnect the vsc your car is put into limp mode when the vsc light is on and it also disables abs because....(wait for it) the abs controls the vsc.
Did you even do disconnect vsc from its ECU ?
When I disconnect my car’s VSC using my method i only get check vsc and my abs works fine
my car is NOT American spec
No limp mode
only vsc off
i can drive it and do whatever i want
peace out 💕💕💕
Old 03-21-19, 09:08 AM
NetG
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

why would you do this? are you planning on entering drift competitions or something? using the button to turn it off will allow some wheel spin...but wheel spin is wasted hp as it isn't making traction
Old 03-21-19, 09:18 AM
Albasahi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NetG
why would you do this? are you planning on entering drift competitions or something? using the button to turn it off will allow some wheel spin...but wheel spin is wasted hp as it isn't making traction
I was only trying to help if someone actually wants to do that
And with all my respect it’s totally not of your business if i want to go to a drift competition or “something” if this article doesn’t help you, you don’t have to make fun at whatever we want to do with VSC.
Old 03-21-19, 10:05 AM
NetG
Driver

And with all my respect it’s totally not of your business if i want to go to a drift competition or “something” if this article doesn’t help you, you don’t have to make fun at whatever we want to do with VSC.
You posted on a public forum thus making it everyones business...welcome to the internet, that's how it works.

But why are you insenuating I was being insulting anyway, I simply asked a question to see why anyone in their right mind would waste so much effort doing something so useless, and making a drift car was the only reason I could come up with, so I asked that...if you had said "Yes I do plan to" I would be curious about your build then and asked about what all you'd done...don't deflect onto me.

Now if you want me to make fun of you for this idea I certainly can...but I wasn't initially

Last edited by NetG; 03-21-19 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-21-19, 10:22 AM
ls430w140
Advanced

Received 163 Likes on 113 Posts

Do you live in US? I believe offering "best methods" to disable systems like VSC which are key to safety and security of drivers just for "drifting" purposes and possibly for other situations, when younger kids may find it interesting to try and endanger everyone else in colder climates, are not appreciated in club lexus forums. I do not think it is helping anyone here. So, yeah, its not our business to know what you guys do in other countries, if you don't live in US.
Old 03-21-19, 01:15 PM
NetG
Driver

Originally Posted by ls430w140
Do you live in US? I believe offering "best methods" to disable systems like VSC which are key to safety and security of drivers just for "drifting" purposes and possibly for other situations, when younger kids may find it interesting to try and endanger everyone else in colder climates, are not appreciated in club lexus forums. I do not think it is helping anyone here. So, yeah, its not our business to know what you guys do in other countries, if you don't live in US.
I've got some easy methods for disabling anti-lock brakes and even airbags...i also know one for disabling the seatbelts but I'm keeping that one secret, gotta keep my ride unique and all...if anyone is interested XD
Old 03-21-19, 02:44 PM
Peacebay
Advanced

Received 253 Likes on 166 Posts

Jeeze.. can you guys lighten up. We’re on the forums for a 13-18 year old car here... if someone wants to disable VSC and drift their RWD V8 sedan then more power to em. Not my thing but man, I almost can’t see some of you way up there on your high horses..

Quick Reply: “BEST METHOD” How i disable my VSC LS2004-2006