LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Fun finds from Japan for the LS430/Celsior

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-19, 07:08 PM
Romanova
Racer

Received 723 Likes on 512 Posts

Successfully landing the OEM lip kit in the states is pretty much the holy grail. A lot of the ones over there on YAJ are junk.
Old 04-10-19, 07:45 PM
onthelo
Intermediate

Received 125 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Romanova
Successfully landing the OEM lip kit in the states is pretty much the holy grail. A lot of the ones over there on YAJ are junk.
Very fortunate to have been able to source this complete lip kit just as my Silk Blaze steering wheel which was old new stock my buddy had in his shop for years on a shelf love these authentic parts and pay homege to Japan and the way they were meant to be built
Old 04-11-19, 11:23 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by onthelo
Very fortunate to have been able to source this complete lip kit just as my Silk Blaze steering wheel which was old new stock my buddy had in his shop for years on a shelf love these authentic parts and pay homege to Japan and the way they were meant to be built
You have an amazing collection of rare parts. I’d kill to have that lip kit and a Silk Blaze steering wheel. Is the lip kit made of fiberglass? It’s something I’ve always wondered about since I’ve only seen a few damaged ones for sale in the past.
Old 04-11-19, 03:25 PM
BCT
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by onthelo
Hard to compare kit and visor these are not options here for LS430 only Celsior in Japan as OEM option. The fog lamps are not an option here either but for reference here are my Toyota Celsior OEM option items ..
First pic - Toyota Celsior OEM fog lamp with yellow capsule and additional side lamp
How did you get the side lamp to work with your car (I assume your car is US spec)? Do you have to modify existing wiring?
Old 04-11-19, 11:50 PM
onthelo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kira X
You have an amazing collection of rare parts. I’d kill to have that lip kit and a Silk Blaze steering wheel. Is the lip kit made of fiberglass? It’s something I’ve always wondered about since I’ve only seen a few damaged ones for sale in the past.
Thank you! The Toyota OEM lip kit is made out of Polyurethane and stamped Toyota with numbers on each part of the kit. Replica versions I have seen are made of fiberglass.
Old 04-11-19, 11:52 PM
onthelo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BCT
How did you get the side lamp to work with your car (I assume your car is US spec)? Do you have to modify existing wiring?
Yes my LS is US spec. I hard wired in the side light to work with my turn signals. I originally wanted them to come on with the fog but can’t because of the yellow capsule being JDM I couldn’t get the same color in the side light so I broke it down to have both the fog lamp and the additional turn signal which is helpful in intersections in my opinion
The following users liked this post:
BCT (04-12-19)
Old 04-19-19, 06:58 PM
damienqc
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

slightly off topic,
but what i find interesting is the price Celsior goes for in Japan... it seems very low (between 500 and 3K $) for a 04/06 model.
for example in this video:
I don't understand Japanese so I may get it wrong.

Also by looking at various videos, they look brand new with very low mileage. They just to look at them?
Old 04-19-19, 07:04 PM
Romanova
Racer

Received 723 Likes on 512 Posts

In Japan, public transportation is readily available and a much better option than most countries. Often, a business will have their map and reference the nearest rail station. Since Japan is a very small country, people often don't drive long distances and in town it is easier to use public transportation or go by bicycle or scooter. This contributes to so many of the vehicles over there having low mileage.
Old 04-19-19, 07:34 PM
biosurfer1
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

The Celsior would also be considered a very large car in Japan and most people prefer smaller cars, also they have strict rules about older cars mileage which is why the US gets so many low (to us) mileage JDM parts/engines/etc
Old 04-19-19, 07:49 PM
damienqc
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the explanations, btw I might have understood the stickers price wrong, they are over what I thought it seems
Old 04-20-19, 12:56 PM
CelsiorFin
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by damienqc
slightly off topic.

Also by looking at various videos, they look brand new with very low mileage. They just to look at them?
Here is my 19 years old JDM Celsior

The following users liked this post:
BCT (04-20-19)
Old 05-02-19, 11:17 AM
iriz
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default No Celsior for 500 $

Originally Posted by damienqc
slightly off topic,
but what i find interesting is the price Celsior goes for in Japan... it seems very low (between 500 and 3K $) for a 04/06 model.
for example in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vzCygW5u5E
I don't understand Japanese so I may get it wrong.

The first car shown in the video has a sticker price of "48.0" which translates to approximately USD 4.300.

Then there is a cheap white car to "19.0" which translates to approximately USD 1.700.

Next to that one is a more expensive black one to "117.0" which translates to approximately USD 10.500.

BTW, did people spot the pink Crown? Not difficult between all the white and black cars. It is a factory color for a limited series intended for the "successful business woman".
Old 05-02-19, 04:21 PM
Ricklin
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Cool heading over soon

I'll be over in Japan soon, likely summer time. Last trip was early spring 6-7 years ago.
My friends from Japan will be over here in a couple weeks. I sell a high end Japanese X-ray imaging system for dentists.
We work with Yoshida Dental, very common name in Japan. There machine shop is like Toyland, very impressive. Also highly automated, the Japanese do love their robotics. They don't let me take pictures in their machine shop, they are very protective that way.
Great people, and simply superb products.
Old 05-19-19, 04:31 PM
Atomsplitr
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Just picked up an Admiration front lip and side skirts from Jp auction for my 06 ls430. Looking for the rear lip to complete the set. If anyone know of one for sale, please let me know. Thanks!
Old 05-20-19, 05:00 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

what the heck are these and where would they mount?
UCF30 UCF31 Celsior Genuine OP Genuine option Ottoman Footrest Rare Black leather Left and right set

Quick Reply: Fun finds from Japan for the LS430/Celsior