LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

regular to led bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-18, 04:49 AM
2KHarrier

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

^^^^ Great post with all the pics and angles. Thanks Mb.
The one place that I really appreciate the LEDs is in the trunk. Amazing difference in the lighting and the way it fills the trunk with light. The old incandescent just kind of glowed in the general area of the lamp, but the LED really does a fantastic job.

Highly recommend everyone install LEDs in the trunk and the trunk lid.

Last edited by 2KHarrier; 07-13-18 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-13-18, 05:10 AM
johnnylt
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

MBODALL , Yes thank you for posting the pics looks amazing incredible difference , Ok thanks for the link on the bulbs too , I ordered same ones on Amazon ,I cant wait to do mine next !! Everything looks pretty straight forward just wish me luck on those dam puddle Mirror lights lol worried about them
Old 07-13-18, 07:41 AM
BCT
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 2KHarrier
^^^^ Great post with all the pics and angles. Thanks Mb.
The one place that I really appreciate the LEDs is in the trunk. Amazing difference in the lighting and the way to fills the trunk with light. The old incandescent just kind of glowed in the general area of the lamp, but the LED really does a fantastic job.

Highly recommend everyone install LEDs in the trunk and the trunk lid.
+1. One of the first thing I did after I brought her home a few weeks ago was install LED in the trunk. It pays itself on my vacation this week. Nothing worse than being exhausted from all day driving and activities, then have to stumble around in the dark trying to find something in the trunk full of stuffs before getting into the hotel. Next is license plate and door courtesy light.

Last edited by BCT; 07-13-18 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-13-18, 01:23 PM
johnnylt
Intermediate

Quick Questions you say be careful about the tabs , are those plastic or rubber? im doing mine tomorrow morning ,I just got a email from Amazon the bulbs are coming tomorrow . worst comes to worst if those tabs break I could glue the housing back up using duct tape to hold in place until it dries correct ? nobody can see because its under the mirror
Thanks Guys
Old 07-13-18, 04:52 PM
johnnylt
Intermediate

Omg I can’t bekive it I got the drivers side down was a ***** getting back in but I did it
Old 07-13-18, 09:32 PM
Mbodall
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnylt
Omg I can’t bekive it I got the drivers side down was a ***** getting back in but I did it
Congrats!! Yeah, it’s not overly complex or difficult, just tedious and requires a lot of patience. I’m glad you got it pulled out and put back!
Old 07-14-18, 04:41 AM
2KHarrier

Nice. There's nothing like the feeling of not breaking plastic trim, connectors or lenses when removing them or taking them apart...!
Old 07-14-18, 07:18 AM
johnnylt
Intermediate

One more quick question is it safe to replace the dome light as well? I see that’s not a 194. Bulb and is it plug and play like the others
Old 07-14-18, 08:16 AM
2KHarrier

One more quick question is it safe to replace the dome light as well? I see that’s not a 194. Bulb and is it plug and play like the others
Yes. Perfectly safe. Many have replaced all the interior lamps with LEDs and it really changes the interior at night..
Old 07-15-18, 07:33 PM
Mbodall
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

As 2K said, perfectly safe. Again, all of the bulbs that I listed I replaced are simple plug and play and no modifications needed at all. This is the bulb that I bought and it’s extremely bright:

31mm Festoon 12 LEDs SMD LED Bulb White for 3022 DE3022 3175 DE3175 (A Pair) 31mm Festoon 12 LEDs SMD LED Bulb White for 3022 DE3022 3175 DE3175 (A Pair)
Old 07-16-18, 04:50 AM
johnnylt
Intermediate

Thank you I ordered one like the one you posted gonna keep going on these lefs there great!!!
Old 07-17-18, 10:41 AM
johnnylt
Intermediate

MBODALL , Thanks again for everything I ordered that Dome light like the one you got , then I ordered some BA9S bulbs to go in next to the dome lights I believe these are map light the front looks easy ,My question is the rear ones in the ceiling take the same BA9S bulbs , how does that cover come off ? and there is a little button next to it , I don't want to break that off ,
Thanks a lot
Old 07-17-18, 11:47 AM
02Legend
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

I've run interior LED's in my IS300, GS430 and now my LS430 without any issues. Much better lighting without the yellow hue (depending on the color LED of course).
Old 07-18-18, 11:26 AM
Brian05LS
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MBODALL , Thanks again for everything I ordered that Dome light like the one you got , then I ordered some BA9S bulbs to go in next to the dome lights I believe these are map light the front looks easy ,My question is the rear ones in the ceiling take the same BA9S bulbs , how does that cover come off ? and there is a little button next to it , I don't want to break that off ,
Thanks a lot
I did the same as well and I have the same issue!!
Old 08-02-18, 06:51 AM
johnnylt
Intermediate

Well Guys I finished a lot of LEDS in the interior and was so happy last night my last two lights were the ECT/Snow Switch and the coin tray , then the bad happened , I turned on the headlights and all my panel lights don't work!!! Radio, Navi lights , gear shifter, window shade button , snow light , glove box (which I didn't touch) power mirror back lights , all the lights that should come on when you put the headlights on are dead .... I almost had a heart attack .. so no panel lights at all

Quick Reply: regular to led bulbs