LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Best fitting rubber mats for winter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-17, 07:47 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Best fitting rubber mats for winter?

I was surprised to see that Weathertech does not offer any laser fit floor liners for the 01-06 LS.

Is there an OEM option or perhaps something better (as I know OEM mats aren't known to be the best some times).

Looking to get some for winter to keep salt and water off the carpets.
Old 10-26-17, 08:37 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Just use the carpeted mats and clean em often. Nothing else fits real well. Checking e bay for oem winters is fruitless usually.
Old 10-27-17, 04:57 AM
LS430Lexus
Advanced

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

A few have tried the LS460 Weathertech Liners and found the fit acceptable. If you try them, make sure you can return them if you don't like the fit. They are expensive, do a search and benefit from the experience of others..

Costco, Sams Club, etc sell universal all weather mats for around $25. Several have used those and found them to work well. They are a bit "oversized" and made to trim easily. Several people have commented they get a good fit with a little scissors work. I may try them this winter. Also, I have a set of the OEM winter mats that I bought on Ebay a few years ago. They are ok, not great.

My approach? I have a few extra sets of OEM mats (thanks to my old '02 UL). I rotate them as needed through the winter. After taking them out, I scrub them off with a brush and throw them in a washing machine. They come out fine. Once the spring comes, I put the "good" set back in. Good luck.
Old 10-27-17, 05:19 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

I'm not a big fan of Weathertech, despite their ads. They were OE for my BMW winters (free with the car), both floor and trunk, and the mat always gets caught in the clutch. It's as if they never stopped to consider manual transmission cars. Now, when I was new to Toyota, I was very impressed at the gr eat lengths they have gone to secure the mats, down to even the hooks being redesigned. For that, I would stick with OE carpeted. There were charcoal ones going for $15.95 last year, I dunno if it were a pricing error or what--only charcoal, not ivory, etc. I grabbed 2 sets and for whatever reason I was only charged for 1. Sure I still don't like them getting dirty, and they have, but they are much better than the ones that are from 2005 (original), which are dirty and worn...so my suggestion is the OE carpeted ones. I bet you can still get them for $40-$55, even if they're not $15.95 anymore...you can paste the p/n's into some of the other websites. I have the charcoals even though my car should have ivory, but I'm ok with it, imho still looks good....

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon
Old 10-27-17, 07:11 AM
gmoney94
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I bought these about a month ago and they fit very nicely.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112475904777
Old 10-27-17, 03:08 PM
yoitskenn
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Anybody selling their OEm mats???

i need the two front in ash/grey color. (04-06)
Old 10-27-17, 05:06 PM
2KHarrier

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by yoitskenn

I've got a set of new Ecru floor mats, still in the Toyota bag.

I do like the look of these however..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Floor-M...qXWA6w&vxp=mtr
Old 10-28-17, 07:14 AM
Romanova
Racer

Received 723 Likes on 512 Posts

Originally Posted by yoitskenn

I was thinking about ordering a set (ash) because I need a pair of rears. If I order a set, I could sell you the new fronts... have to be next payday though.
Old 11-17-17, 10:58 PM
PearlUni05
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2KHarrier
I've got a set of new Ecru floor mats, still in the Toyota bag.

I do like the look of these however..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Floor-M...qXWA6w&vxp=mtr
I ordered these from the exact seller about 2 weeks ago. It is made when you order them. And they contact you to make sure of model and things such as the vent of the passenger front on the side of the shifter. Expected delivery is 11/27-12/06. Once I receive them and install it, I will take pictures and give my opinion after driving with them for a few days.
Old 11-21-17, 05:05 PM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by PearlUni05
I ordered these from the exact seller about 2 weeks ago. It is made when you order them. And they contact you to make sure of model and things such as the vent of the passenger front on the side of the shifter. Expected delivery is 11/27-12/06. Once I receive them and install it, I will take pictures and give my opinion after driving with them for a few days.
Excellent!

Can't wait for the review, as I've been looking at these closely.

Thanks for taking the plunge. Please let us know how they turn out.
Old 11-21-17, 05:51 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Ghetto lookin but not alot of options
Old 11-21-17, 06:50 PM
Atomsplitr
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I use the LS460 Weathertechs. The fronts work out great, the rear not so much. You have to Velcro the rears in place so they don't move. I can post some pics if ya want.
Old 11-21-17, 07:55 PM
yoitskenn
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomsplitr
I use the LS460 Weathertechs. The fronts work out great, the rear not so much. You have to Velcro the rears in place so they don't move. I can post some pics if ya want.
any pictures?
Old 11-21-17, 09:59 PM
PearlUni05
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here are a few pictures of my new mats. The turnaround time was about 2 weeks, even though they say it will take about a month. Delivery was supposed to be 1st week in December. The fit is good, quality is good for the price also. My only issue I had was the tabs were not high enough to lock the mat in place by the gear shifter and the door step and it cannot tuck far enough under the rear seat as there are the 2 clips for the seat bottom there. Other than that I am very pleased with the fit and function. I will see how it holds up through the winter and weather changes in spring. But for now I am happy. I will give my thoughts after a couple months of use.
Attached Thumbnails Best fitting rubber mats for winter?-img_2937.jpg   Best fitting rubber mats for winter?-img_2938.jpg   Best fitting rubber mats for winter?-img_2939.jpg   Best fitting rubber mats for winter?-img_2940.jpg  
Old 11-22-17, 05:34 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

We got the car stuck in the mud on Saturday, and of course our shoes were all covered in mud, so there was massive amounts of mud on the OE carpeted mats.

I would say they cleaned up pretty well. Not perfectly as I don't have my hose turned on nor do I have a pressure washer, but I suspect that if I had access to a pressure washer, they'd clean up perfectly.

I think that we tend to not want to soil carpet, but are ok with rubber (I know I am), but after this experience, there's no need to shy away from soiling the carpeted mats. I think the factory OE are the best choice. Man the fronts are so difficult to remove with the barb like hooks!

Quick Reply: Best fitting rubber mats for winter?