LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Should I "Rust Proof" my 2003 LS430 brought to Ontario?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-17, 06:34 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Interesting with the Armor All....on my NIssan, I used it for about 9 years, then I stopped altogether. so for the next 11 years, the dash got nothing, yet no cracks. It's really hard to dispel myths because we simply don't have enough "experience." Kind of like Consumer Reports. I also mixed green coolant with dexcool in the Nissan, nothing ever happened. The motor wasI supposed to gel up and destruct. BMW never got Armor All, but some Meguiars interior detailer, which really doesn't seem to do anything....lol

edit ps nobody rust proofed their cars in the office, but these are what my buddy refers to as hipsters....I mean they have bubble hockey, foosball, ping pong, in the office. Dag I met my relatives on Don Mills the other day. Took 80 minutes to go just under 18 miles. These two associates were going back and forth. One goes, "Yeah, if it were up to her, the music would be 90's dance." The gal fires back, "So says the man who grew up listening to The Bridge." (they were the same age, I wanna guess 27 tops)

I wanted to chime in, whoa, what's wrong with the Bridge? #XM32yo!

Last edited by Johnhav430; 12-22-17 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-22-17, 06:41 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

Armor All is great if all you're looking for is a shiny surface that obstructs your vision and develop cracks in the dashboard is short time!!!!!
Old 12-22-17, 06:49 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by jayclapp
Armor All is great if all you're looking for is a shiny surface that obstructs your vision and develop cracks in the dashboard is short time!!!!!
Again, from my experience, my car is 19, and I stopped using it almost a decade ago, no cracks. I have a brand new never worn pair of shoes in the car on which both soles delaminated from the heat (Dockers, waste of money). So I wonder if you know this first hand, heard it in a love song, or what have you....
Old 12-26-17, 11:28 AM
Isack4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Krown Rust proof upate:
I just wanna update and let you guys know how my experience with Krown was.
Had my car brought in on sunday at 11 and they gave me the low down with their product giving me a chance to ask questions about things like the oil application and the drilling of holes.
I can say this, they clearly have built their customer service up. I found out the oil in the spray is actually just for the spread and application of their anti rust penetrating formula, all of which is a mily clear colour.
They ensured me that their formula doesn't touch or at least affect electronics in the door and body pannels.
They also let me know their might be a smell for a bit of burning from the engine bay, break squeaking, and oil dripping for two days after amung other things.
Basically it took about 45-60 minutes including them shampoo and washing my car (non-touch... Hopefully) and costed i believe about $120.

AFTEREFFECTS: Began driving down the road and the lady had told me their might be oil residue on my brakes and to "pump" them a couple times. Well they were very squeaky coming to a stop for almost a full afternoon of doing xmas shopping around town.

Had turned my heater on the defrost and started geting this industrial oil smell AND fogish stuff coming from the vents including blasting at my face which was uhm not so nice. Getting out of the car at various stores there was a pretty strong oil smell and almost a light smokey fog coming from the hood.

sorry for such a long post but in conclusion, these affects only lasted about a full day and were manageable enough to still be confident that krown is at least the better of applications of rust protection/prevention.

Im trying to think of more info to give and Im aware this is all my own opinion mixed in with just stuff they told me.