LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Very early pirelli p7 cinturato a/s plus 97v review

Old 11-20-17, 08:32 PM
jpv7774
Lexus Test Driver

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

ummmmmmm I will have to pay attention to that issue....If i were to answer off the cuff I would say it takes some light steering to keep the ole gal in her lane. My wifes Audi Q5 has heavier steering at highway speed and I would say her car tracks easier then mine. I have not had any suspension work done to my car and it has 140k on it. It is possible your MXV4s had a more square grip on the road vs a rounded grip if that makes sense. I will report back after my road trip regarding how she tracks. I am the same as you.....ultra tuned into what my car is doing. i often drive it with no radio on just to listen to the smooth tranny shifting. I have a lot of homework on this Thanksgiving road trip.......gotta do some burn outs!!
But seriously folks.....Boca.....can u get your car to do a burn out?
The following users liked this post:
Bocatrip (11-20-17)
Old 11-21-17, 04:59 PM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm not impressed with my P7s in the wet.
Old 11-21-17, 05:49 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

They get better as they break in at least mine did.
Old 11-21-17, 09:32 PM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by warminwisc
They get better as they break in at least mine did.
They should be broken in by now.

Still not impressed. By far the weakest aspect of the tires.
Old 11-22-17, 05:54 AM
jpv7774
Lexus Test Driver

RRocket........what model Lexus and year do you have? With a user name like red rocket I assume you drive a little aggressive??? So maybe thats the threshold mark......for those like me that just cruise in their LS there are no issues at all on the wet surface....while the more aggressive drivers are seeing some slippage. Would that be a fair assessment?
Old 11-22-17, 06:23 AM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by jpv7774
RRocket........what model Lexus and year do you have? With a user name like red rocket I assume you drive a little aggressive??? So maybe thats the threshold mark......for those like me that just cruise in their LS there are no issues at all on the wet surface....while the more aggressive drivers are seeing some slippage. Would that be a fair assessment?
Anytime it rains, no matter how lite, I drive extremely cautiously. Just my natural instinct. As a matter of fact, even while driving my XK Jaguar, I don't throw my car into the highway ramps at high speeds but slow down regardless of the cars superior handling. I'm just a conservative driver, so I'm not overly concerned about the rain, however, once again I will chime in once it rains, but so far not a drop.
Old 11-22-17, 03:14 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

ummmmmmm I will have to pay attention to that issue....If i were to answer off the cuff I would say it takes some light steering to keep the ole gal in her lane. My wifes Audi Q5 has heavier steering at highway speed and I would say her car tracks easier then mine. I have not had any suspension work done to my car and it has 140k on it. It is possible your MXV4s had a more square grip on the road vs a rounded grip if that makes sense. I will report back after my road trip regarding how she tracks. I am the same as you.....ultra tuned into what my car is doing. i often drive it with no radio on just to listen to the smooth tranny shifting. I have a lot of homework on this Thanksgiving road trip.......gotta do some burn outs!!
But seriously folks.....Boca.....can u get your car to do a burn out?
Any observations yet? Tramlining has come into the picture and not sure it's the issue. My steering wheel is not 100% centered but very close and that annoys me as well. All I know is that my Primacys steered perfectly straight with no necessary adjustments. Not sure there is another tire out there that can do any better or will be as quiet. Tire rack will take the tires back, but I don't want to trade off the quiet ride for better tracking. I guess there is always a trade off. Have not decided what I will do yet.

Last edited by Bocatrip; 11-22-17 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-22-17, 03:51 PM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Smile

LOL....I just cruise in my Lexus. My wife has a lightly modded (with manual tranny) 2002 IS300 for when I'm feeling frisky,

Mine is a 2004 Ultra.
Old 11-22-17, 04:07 PM
jpv7774
Lexus Test Driver

Huh.....well thanks for the info.......I tell ya what....I already drive conservatively in the rain as it is......but given some posts like yours I will certainly keep that info in the back of my head. You didnt confirm nor did Legender that you have the All Season ( PLUS ) but I will assume that is the tire you have. Boca......did you get the PLUS version???? I hit the road tomorrow for a nice 4 hour drive....I can give u some feedback tomorrow if u like. PM me and I will give u my cell number......I can tell your all mixed up about this and want info asap.....I know what you are asking about a car tracking effortlessly......I am pretty sure I have to steer mine a bit......but again I have had zero suspension work done on my car except for alignments.
Old 11-22-17, 04:25 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

huh.....well thanks for the info.......i tell ya what....i already drive conservatively in the rain as it is......but given some posts like yours i will certainly keep that info in the back of my head. You didnt confirm nor did legender that you have the all season ( plus ) but i will assume that is the tire you have. Boca......did you get the plus version???? I hit the road tomorrow for a nice 4 hour drive....i can give u some feedback tomorrow if u like. Pm me and i will give u my cell number......i can tell your all mixed up about this and want info asap.....i know what you are asking about a car tracking effortlessly......i am pretty sure i have to steer mine a bit......but again i have had zero suspension work done on my car except for alignments.
yes!!! Of course i have the plus!
Old 11-22-17, 04:26 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Huh.....well thanks for the info.......I tell ya what....I already drive conservatively in the rain as it is......but given some posts like yours I will certainly keep that info in the back of my head. You didnt confirm nor did Legender that you have the All Season ( PLUS ) but I will assume that is the tire you have. Boca......did you get the PLUS version???? I hit the road tomorrow for a nice 4 hour drive....I can give u some feedback tomorrow if u like. PM me and I will give u my cell number......I can tell your all mixed up about this and want info asap.....I know what you are asking about a car tracking effortlessly......I am pretty sure I have to steer mine a bit......but again I have had zero suspension work done on my car except for alignments.
Yes HUH! We don't understand.. That's the reason for Huh!
Old 11-22-17, 04:27 PM
jpv7774
Lexus Test Driver

Then you have a darn nice tire my friend! Remember when u compare mine and yours.....mine are H rated....I believe u went with the V. I dont think you will be able to find a quieter smoother tire........just dont drive in the rain! Im kidding.......kidding
Old 11-22-17, 04:30 PM
jpv7774
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe its a Canadian thing
U know they use slippery salt on their roads or somethin

Not sure about the Texas scenario............like I said...tire threads are all over the place.
Old 11-22-17, 04:48 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Thanks for the feedback. I hope the rain thing is over the top... Many P7s out there.. So far no rain so I can't respond.. Thanks.
Old 11-22-17, 05:14 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Out of the box, on straight freeway at speed they where scarey initially but better now. They where 50 bucks a piece so I am happy buy em again? ya for 50 bucks for sure.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Very early pirelli p7 cinturato a/s plus 97v review