Finally got a LS430-wh0xuhx.jpg
No navigation or ML which I'm okay with:
Finally got a LS430-0vz3ijy.jpg
Finally got a LS430-gtgd1le.jpg

One AZ owner car:
Finally got a LS430-sgb3a6f.jpg
Finally got a LS430-hkqmr5h.jpg
https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...o=%27CarFax%27

The car just got some repairs done and new tires at that dealer. New tires, hood struts, caster bushings, wiper blades, coolant gasket and air filters.

60243 MILES

DATE: 09/28/2017

REPAIR# 0615943
REPORTED BY: Earnhardt Lexus
SERVICE: CAMPAIGNS
DESCRIPTION: CAMPAIGNS ~ ~NO OPEN RECALLS AT THIS TIME ~ ~
SERVICE: EMISSION TEST
DESCRIPTION: EMISSION TEST ~ ~EMISSION TEST ~ ~
SERVICE: ENGINE GROUP
DESCRIPTION: ENGINE GROUP ~ ~UPON INSPECTION FOUND COOLANT LEAK ~ ~ ~ ~60243 250 REPLACED FRONT COOLANT CROSS OVER TUBE GASKETS.
SERVICE: INSTALL 4 TIRES ON VEHICLE INCLUDING MOUNT AND BALANCE PER CUSTOMER REQUEST
DESCRIPTION: INSTALL 4 TIRES ON VEHICLE INCLUDING MOUNT AND BALANCE PER CUSTOMER REQUEST ~ ~MOUNT AND BALANCE TIRES ~ ~ ~ ~60243 280 MOUNTED AND BALANCED 4 TIRES
SERVICE: PERFORM FOUR WHEEL ALIGNMENT TO FACTORY SPECS
DESCRIPTION: PERFORM FOUR WHEEL ALIGNMENT TO FACTORY SPECS ~ ~PERFORM FOUR WHEEL ALIGNMENT TO FACTORY SPECS ~ ~CUSTOMER REQUEST ALIGNMENT ~ ~60243 ALIGNMENT 170 PERFORMED ALIGNMENT
SERVICE: PERFORM PRE OWNED VEHICLE DETAIL
DESCRIPTION: PERFORM PRE OWNED VEHICLE DETAIL ~ ~PERFORM PRE OWNED VEHICLE DETAIL ~ ~PERFORM INTERNAL PRE OWNED VEHICLE DETAIL
SERVICE: SUSPENSION
DESCRIPTION: SUSPENSION ~ ~UPON INSPECTION FOUND THE CASTER BUSHINGS AND RIGHT REAR SHOCKS ~ ~ ~ ~60238 690 REPLACED RIGHT REAR SHOCK. REPLACED CASTER BUSHINGS. REPLACED ENGINE AIR FILTER, A/C FILTER, WIPER BLADES AND HOOD STRUTS
SERVICE: Z RATE SAFETY CHECK
DESCRIPTION: Z RATE SAFETY CHECK ~ ~Z RATE SAFETY CHECK ~ ~ ~ ~60243 Z RATE 100 PERFORMED Z RATE SAFETY INSPECTION57782 MILES

DATE: 03/21/2017

REPAIR# 0435232
REPORTED BY: Bell Lexus North Scottsdale
SERVICE: INSPECT BATTERY CHARGE LEVEL
DESCRIPTION: INSPECT BATTERY CHARGE LEVEL ~ ~CUST STATES THAT THE CAR SEEMS TO START SLOWLY. BATTERY WAS REPLACED ON RO# 377425, 9-30-2015, MILEAGE 49,771. ~ ~BATTERY TESTED, OK - CUSTOMER REQUESTED REPLACE BATTERY E49771 MILES

DATE: 09/30/2015

REPAIR# 0377425
SERVICE: BATTERY/COIL SPK PLUG
DESCRIPTION: BATTERY/COIL SPK PLUG ~ ~C/S REPLACE DEAD BATTERY ~ ~ ~ ~REPLACED BATTERY
SERVICE: INSPECT BATTERY CHARGE LEVEL
DESCRIPTION: INSPECT BATTERY CHARGE LEVEL ~ ~C/S BATTERY DEAD, HAD TO BE JUMPED PRORATE PARTS WARRANTY RO#300281 37,060 7-29-13 ~ ~BATTERY FAILS LOAD TEST - FAIL CODE FSXJ-C0ED6-X2NCG ~ ~REPLACED BATTERY45858 MILES

DATE: 01/16/2015

REPAIR# 0350996
SERVICE: NON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE
DESCRIPTION: NON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE ~ ~REPLACE A/C AIR FILTER. ~ ~ ~ ~REPLACED A/C FILTER(S)

The dealer was asking $16,994 but I got it down to $15,800 since I got my 2013 GS350 from them a little more than a year ago.
I probably overpaid but I'm happy with the car and the service history.

Last edited by LatinLS430; 10-02-17 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-01-17, 06:23 PM
LS430Cat
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks really nice and clean. Congrats!
Old 10-01-17, 07:05 PM
biggieB15
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow really clean car and excellent mileage, enjoy your car bro
Old 10-01-17, 07:22 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Nice find.... It will serve you well for many miles and years to come.... Congrats........
Old 10-01-17, 07:41 PM
Romanova
Racer

Received 723 Likes on 512 Posts

Tint and remove the dealership sticker and plate frame and you're set! Gorgeous pick up!
Old 10-01-17, 08:40 PM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by LS430Cat
Looks really nice and clean. Congrats!
Thanks!
Originally Posted by biggieB15
Wow really clean car and excellent mileage, enjoy your car bro
Thank you!
Originally Posted by Duck05
Nice find.... It will serve you well for many miles and years to come.... Congrats........
Thanks! I plan to enjoy for many years.
Originally Posted by Romanova
Tint and remove the dealership sticker and plate frame and you're set! Gorgeous pick up!
Thanks! Tint is a definite and yes removal of the dealer sticker and plate frame are coming up haha.

The only "bad" things are that the rear trunk struts need to be replaced. That trunk feels way heavier than my GS350.
The arm rest has some elbow wear/tear from the original owner. Are those easy to replace?
No owner's manual but I can probably find them on eBay.

So this is pretty much a base trim with the 18" wheels? Correct?
Old 10-01-17, 09:02 PM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Based on no NAV or ML, it's probably a Base (or Premium) trim. There are some advantages to this. It's possible to replace the head unit to upgrade the stereo. There's a SF company that has a replacement that includes NAV (with high resolution) altho it's expensive (500). Also easy to find good aftermarket speakers (with matching electrical specs) that are a LOT less expensive than ML speakers (and better quality construction). Also having actual buttons to adjust heat and AC reduces the chance of problems. Congrats. Looks like a great car (and one of the best colors). Good luck with it!
Old 10-01-17, 09:14 PM
Gronemus
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by LatinGS350
Thanks!

Thank you!

Thanks! Tint is a definite and yes removal of the dealer sticker and plate frame are coming up haha.

The only "bad" things are that the rear trunk struts need to be replaced. That trunk feels way heavier than my GS350.
The arm rest has some elbow wear/tear from the original owner. Are those easy to replace?

Yes, this is a base model. I'd probably keep the dealer plate frame but would certainly remove the decal that they stuck on the trunk lid. As for as the trunk struts are concerned, if they hold up the trunk then you don't need to replace them. Even new, they won't open your trunk fully open when you press the trunk button. If they seem marginal, ask your salesman if they would replace them for you on their dime.

Go to the Lexus Drivers website, register your car free of charge and you can download a manual.

I was looking at the pictures of your new car Friday night because it is the same color as my '04 and I wanted to see how the 5-star 18" wheels look with this color. I've got the 6-star wheels which I think look more elegant on this car but I really like the sporty look that the 5-star wheels offer. Great pickup!

I also understand that Flint Mica is the fastest color...

Last edited by Gronemus; 10-01-17 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-01-17, 09:19 PM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

If it's Flint Mica, the car will need fewer repairs, get better MPG, etc
Old 10-01-17, 09:31 PM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Originally Posted by tallcaguy
Based on no NAV or ML, it's probably a Base (or Premium) trim. There are some advantages to this. It's possible to replace the head unit to upgrade the stereo. There's a SF company that has a replacement that includes NAV (with high resolution) altho it's expensive (500). Also easy to find good aftermarket speakers (with matching electrical specs) that are a LOT less expensive than ML speakers (and better quality construction). Also having actual buttons to adjust heat and AC reduces the chance of problems. Congrats. Looks like a great car (and one of the best colors). Good luck with it!
Thanks bud! Yeah I like the idea of me adding an aftermarket stereo later down the road. Do you have any more info on that SF company?

Originally Posted by Gronemus
Yes, this is a base model. I'd probably keep the dealer plate frame but would certainly remove the decal that they stuck on the trunk lid. As for as the trunk struts are concerned, if they hold up the trunk then you don't need to replace them. Even new, they won't open your trunk fully open when you press the trunk button. If they seem marginal, ask your salesman if they would replace them for you on their dime.

Go to the Lexus Drivers website, register your car free of charge and you can download a manual.

I was looking at the pictures of your new car Friday night because it is the same color as my '04 and I wanted to see how the 5-star 18" wheels look with this color. I've got the 6-star wheels which I think look more elegant on this car but I really like the sporty look that the 5-star wheels offer. Great pickup!

I also understand that Flint Mica is the fastest color...
Ah! I do have an account at Lexus Drivers and didn't even think about downloading the manual.
The trunk holds up just fine but I'll try to see if they can replace the struts. I wonder why the original owner did the hood struts but not the trunk struts.
I agree that these wheels look quite sporty on this car and I like it!
Originally Posted by tallcaguy
If it's Flint Mica, the car will need fewer repairs, get better MPG, etc
haha!
Old 10-02-17, 05:03 AM
LS430Cat
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LatinGS350
Thanks!

Thank you!

Here is a link to what I think is the armrest that you need. Please double-check though. I recently had to order an armrest lock piece, so I've become a little more familiar with these diagrams. I think your interior color is Ecru, correct?
https://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.c...5150070A1.html
Old 10-02-17, 05:55 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Sweet, congrats! Those miles are very nice.

I thought someone had gotten a new one in the office same color, and now I'm told a person has been driving that to our office on and off for at least the past 3 yrs! So here I was thinking I was the only one who had one here....
Old 10-02-17, 06:00 AM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

Nice find with low miles. Congrats and enjoy the new ride.
Old 10-02-17, 08:15 AM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Originally Posted by LS430Cat
Here is a link to what I think is the armrest that you need. Please double-check though. I recently had to order an armrest lock piece, so I've become a little more familiar with these diagrams. I think your interior color is Ecru, correct?
https://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.c...5150070A1.html
Thanks for the link! I think mine is Ash? I'm not so sure haha.
Originally Posted by Johnhav430
Sweet, congrats! Those miles are very nice.

I thought someone had gotten a new one in the office same color, and now I'm told a person has been driving that to our office on and off for at least the past 3 yrs! So here I was thinking I was the only one who had one here....
Thanks! I'm the only one in my office with this type of car. Some have told me it's an old man car LOL since I'm 34.
Originally Posted by Legender
Nice find with low miles. Congrats and enjoy the new ride.
Thank you!
Old 10-02-17, 11:15 AM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

If the trunk lid stays up when you raise it up then the struts are likely still good and replacing them will not do much. The Strong Arm models are good, reasonably priced ones to consider if they need replacement. Once you figure out how to spread the jaws open around the ball joint it takes literally 30 seconds to swap them out..... (Hood struts are way more involved....).

Quick Reply: Finally got a LS430