LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Opinions on asking price for my LS430

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-17, 04:00 PM
RhodieOaks
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on asking price for my LS430

Hi everyone I'm new to the board but I figured this was the best place to get some expert opinions on an LS430 price range. Last year a realative of mine passed away and I inherited his 05 LS430 with 21,000 orig miles. He rarely drove it and was too sick in the last few years to make it outside so it had been garaged ever since. What I would like to know is what is a realistic asking price for a model with such low miles? Are these sedans popular? I KBB and it said it was worth 16k. I thought since it looks and drives like it's new it would be worth more than that but maybe that's just wishful thinking. Any input on this would be very appreciated, thanks in advance

05 LS430
Black Cherry
Gold Premium Package
21,000 orig miles
one owner always garaged
Old 07-09-17, 04:07 PM
NL5
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

What option package? Base, ML, CL, or UL?
Old 07-09-17, 04:17 PM
RhodieOaks
Driver School Candidate

I'm not sure what those abbreviations stand for I apologize. It has a gold edition badge on the dash and it has navigation and power everything etc.
Old 07-09-17, 04:24 PM
jimbosr1
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 115 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ml#post3213359
this may help you to what model you have.i guess you dont have the window sticker.
Old 07-09-17, 04:26 PM
RhodieOaks
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for that link. I'm pretty sure it's the PCS
Old 07-09-17, 04:36 PM
NL5
Driver

Does it have headlight washers?

Rear seat audio controls?
Old 07-09-17, 04:38 PM
RhodieOaks
Driver School Candidate

Yes headlight washers but I don't think it has rear audio controls
Old 07-09-17, 04:43 PM
NL5
Driver

Originally Posted by RhodieOaks
Yes headlight washers but I don't think it has rear audio controls
​​​​​​
They are under the rear armrest. ( middle of rear bench).

If no rear audio controls, and PCS, then you have a Custom Luxury with Pre Collision. That is a pretty rare car. I looked for a CL for months and finally gave in and bought an ML. I could find Ultra Luxury cars pretty easily, but I didn't want the air suspension. I would say that a CL with PCS would draw a pretty good price. I would be a little leary of a car with so low miles. Sitting undriven has its own set of problems.
Old 07-09-17, 04:57 PM
RhodieOaks
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NL5
​​​​​​
They are under the rear armrest. ( middle of rear bench).

If no rear audio controls, and PCS, then you have a Custom Luxury with Pre Collision. That is a pretty rare car. I looked for a CL for months and finally gave in and bought an ML. I could find Ultra Luxury cars pretty easily, but I didn't want the air suspension. I would say that a CL with PCS would draw a pretty good price. I would be a little leary of a car with so low miles. Sitting undriven has its own set of problems.
thanks so much for your insight
Old 07-09-17, 09:39 PM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Sounds like a very nice car. Where in CA?
Old 07-10-17, 04:56 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Sounds like a CL aka Custom Luxury due to the washers. What I like personally about the CL is that it has laminated side glass, and soft close doors, and can have custom leather on the dash...the miles are very low which seems to be very desirable to some on this forum (I guess my thoughts are if this is a 300k car, then 60k and 80k is rather insignificant), so I would insist on that as a plus when selling....perhaps you can work out a deal here?

On my other forum (BMW 3 series), people state selling a car esp. with the free services, yields a lot of "tire kickers...." If it's listed for $9500, people show up and offer $5k cash haha So hopefully you can avoid that....

edit Anyway wild guess on selling price, being low miles and CL, not UL, I would say $12k minimum--hold on to it if it doesn't go for minimum 12k cash (advertise higher, maybe $14, or even $15--you want to compete with the dealers selling the 80k cars, i.e. private party is a little lower)--I'm no expert, just someone who browses cars.com

Last edited by Johnhav430; 07-10-17 at 05:02 AM.
Old 07-10-17, 05:44 AM
toddmorr
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

you have a rare car if in fact its a CL and such low miles. I'd start on the high side at 16k and make sure you advertise it on something like autotrader that gets national exposure. There are people out there looking for exactly that kind of car----extremely low miles, and a CL trim in excellent shape. They are patient and ready to pay because they know there are very few cars that meet their criteria. Autotrader will likely reach them.
Anyway, put it out there at the higher price and see what response you get, if after a month you're not getting serious offers then drop the price a bit. Just remember you have an unusual car that is quite desirable and you should get a premium for that....exactly how much remains to be seen.
Old 07-10-17, 05:56 AM
XJSFan
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Put up some photos and check to see what servicing Lexus has done to the car. Because of age and the time sitting in a garage, I think the timing belt and water pump should be done. If everything checks out and works like it should, I would start at $16k and see what happens for two weeks. Someone offers $15k then take it and run. By the way, that is my favorite color. Lol. Good look.
Old 07-10-17, 06:17 AM
Bob04
Pole Position

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

If you have the headlight washers, it's at least a custom luxury. If you also have the 2 buttons that say "Sport Norm" and "High Height Norm" shown below, it is an ultra luxury.

Also, get a service history if possible. Older cars with low miles are easier to sell and command a high price is you have the service records. Some people are nervous about purchasing a car that has just been sitting for years without maintenance. Complete records from a Lexus dealership is a big plus.
Old 07-10-17, 12:27 PM
JffGRY706
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

not sure about those numbers. full retail maybe. in my market that car is worth $10,500 trade in and $12,500 private party sale. unfortunately on cars this old UL< CL< ML does not really matter on the price. are you in Beverly Hills? I do not know what is entailed in buying in California so I would not be interested at that price. I would expect the car to sell for about $13,000 more or less. Bob 04 recently bought a similar low mileage Florida car but I am not sure what he paid. I would be a player at about $11,000. good luck

Quick Reply: Opinions on asking price for my LS430