TTBomB
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Great, thanks for the follow-up!
Old 02-08-18, 01:08 PM
inrisls400
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TTBomb i had the same issue and had my y Pipe fixed and it took the codes away, this is an exhaust leak problem.
The following users liked this post:
TTBomB (02-08-18)
Old 06-20-18, 05:37 PM
nsuhag01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys what a great Forum.
Today my Battery turned up dead because it was from 2014/2015.
An expensive X2 model from Batteries Plus
When I jumped the Car the dash gauges went nuts and I got the Dreaded Check VSC Message.
I have not been able to replace the battery because the whole state does not have one.
I may have the exhaust issue too because my car is mostly driven very short distances sometimes 2 miles and then right back in the garage after 10 minutes and stays there for 2-3 days without being driven.
Even the AC took a while to turn on after I had been driving for a few minutes to get to Batteries Plus and then the same thing happened on the Way back.
I will try and get the code read later today to see if I get the same ones above or different.
A Couple of days ago my garage opener control stopped working and perhaps because the battery was dying or dont know why.

How can I find a trustworthy mechanic or tell if they are giving me the correct answer.
I know the dealer will fleece me :-)
Plano TX area...
Old 06-22-18, 08:01 AM
Stu
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by nsuhag01
Hi Guys what a great Forum.
Today my Battery turned up dead because it was from 2014/2015.
An expensive X2 model from Batteries Plus
When I jumped the Car the dash gauges went nuts and I got the Dreaded Check VSC Message.
I have not been able to replace the battery because the whole state does not have one.
I may have the exhaust issue too because my car is mostly driven very short distances sometimes 2 miles and then right back in the garage after 10 minutes and stays there for 2-3 days without being driven.
Even the AC took a while to turn on after I had been driving for a few minutes to get to Batteries Plus and then the same thing happened on the Way back.
I will try and get the code read later today to see if I get the same ones above or different.
A Couple of days ago my garage opener control stopped working and perhaps because the battery was dying or dont know why.

How can I find a trustworthy mechanic or tell if they are giving me the correct answer.
I know the dealer will fleece me :-)
Plano TX area...
You are new here. Its best to start a new post ..... that way more members will see it and try to help you
Old 05-19-19, 08:10 AM
ChiefLShin
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same issue on mine now. It’s come and gone. Time to start trouble shooting. Only thing I’ve done is check the air filter and change the cabin filter.
Old 05-27-20, 04:05 AM
Jahanzeb
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Stu
My LS showed me some new lights tonight. What do they mean and what can I expect to get this repaired ?

Thanks for any help
I just got my cars system checked as I was getting check engine light along side the low level oil (which I think is the problem of the engin oil censor ) first on the system check the check engin lights went away for a few mins and then both vsc light and check engin light came on

Any suggestions
have a ls430 2001
Old 05-27-20, 04:07 AM
ChiefLShin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jahanzeb
I just got my cars system checked as I was getting check engine light along side the low level oil (which I think is the problem of the engin oil censor ) first on the system check the check engin lights went away for a few mins and then both vsc light and check engin light came on

Any suggestions
have a ls430 2001

genuinely your quickest way to know is to get a £30 code reader off amazon. You’ll know in minutes what’s up the know .

I did this and it’s a big piece of mind
Old 02-21-21, 11:15 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Gotta love the search feature. After 4 years over driving it 80 miles daily for work I finally got my first dash light combo matching these... I’m almost certain it’s an exhaust leak based on the startup smoke and exhaust smell. I removed the mufflers almost 2 years ago but about 4 months ago the exhaust started smelling. Gonna run the codes once I get my scanner.
Old 02-21-21, 01:36 PM
ChiefLShin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
Gotta love the search feature. After 4 years over driving it 80 miles daily for work I finally got my first dash light combo matching these... I’m almost certain it’s an exhaust leak based on the startup smoke and exhaust smell. I removed the mufflers almost 2 years ago but about 4 months ago the exhaust started smelling. Gonna run the codes once I get my scanner.
To be fair I probably wouldn't worry too much. I stressed about this for ages. Change bank 1 o2 sensor, drove out of garage and had the exact same warning come back on about a mile or two later. I think its cat degradation but I'm kinda of the mindset it makes no difference to how the car drives so I'm not wasting the cash on a 17 year old car. It'll just keep running with a very occasional whiff of egg under full chat.
Old 02-21-21, 02:06 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by ChiefLShin
To be fair I probably wouldn't worry too much. I stressed about this for ages. Change bank 1 o2 sensor, drove out of garage and had the exact same warning come back on about a mile or two later. I think its cat degradation but I'm kinda of the mindset it makes no difference to how the car drives so I'm not wasting the cash on a 17 year old car. It'll just keep running with a very occasional whiff of egg under full chat.
It might be a problem if the owner lives in California with the strict emissions standards.

Last edited by Bocatrip; 02-21-21 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-22-21, 12:07 AM
ChiefLShin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bocatrip
It might be a problem if the owner lives in California with the strict emissions standards.
good shout. I didn’t think of that.
Old 02-22-21, 07:27 AM
Favas04
Driver School Candidate

Default Check engine light and vsc

Vsc and check engine light is showing in my car. this car i took recently..also previous owner he told me he replaced his battery recently..so is came because of battery replacement
Old 02-22-21, 08:29 AM
ChiefLShin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Favas04
Vsc and check engine light is showing in my car. this car i took recently..also previous owner he told me he replaced his battery recently..so is came because of battery replacement
I doubt that