ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006-158/)
-   -   Need advise on pricing for a 05 Ls430 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/852320-need-advise-on-pricing-for-a-05-ls430.html)

Dacubs 04-06-17 07:26 AM

Need advise on pricing for a 05 Ls430

Hey guys just looking for some advise on buying an ls430

I found an 05 ls430, 125k Miles. 1 owner

Looked up the service record and they took it to Lexus every 5k miles since brand new all the way up to now. They replaced the belt water pump, new tires last year and shocks/brakes. Clean carfax.

It it looks like they replaced the bumper because it was damaged according to lexsus service record, not sure if that's a big deal. But the car seems prettt solid/well taken care of.

Hes asking $8500 but not willing to budge on that price.

What do you guys think?

jimbosr1 04-06-17 07:41 AM

sounds like a great buy,its alot of car for $8500
$8500 for a well serviced one imo is a hell of a deal.i would buy it.

Dacubs 04-06-17 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by jimbosr1 (Post 9826879)
sounds like a great buy,its alot of car for $8500
$8500 for a well serviced one imo is a hell of a deal.i would buy it.

thanks for the reply! What do you think about the replaced front bumper?

sha4000 04-06-17 08:09 AM

I think that's a pretty good deal too. Even though your in AZ make sure you check the underbody for leaks. Preferably with a lift.

jimbosr1 04-06-17 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Dacubs (Post 9826899)
thanks for the reply! What do you think about the replaced front bumper?

look at the vin tags on the fenders and on the front bar that is behind the front bumper.if they are still there the bumper incident was a minor bump.dont let a bumper replacement sway you if the vin tags are there.

LSGarry 04-06-17 08:52 AM

What model/trim is it? UL, CL, Sport, Nav, No Nav, base etc?? That can make a difference but otherwise it sounds like a great deal and I wouldn't be too concerned about the bumper as long as the paint matches and the job was done properly. If the car has spent its whole life in Arizona, check to make sure it hasn't suffered thru a Haboob sandstorm or gotten flooded out.
I wouldn't sell ours for that little with the same mileage but the guy apparently knows what he has and so I'd grab it if I were you. Just have it checked out by a qualified mechanic and then pay the $$ and enjoy the ride.

Dacubs 04-06-17 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by LSGarry (Post 9826977)
What model/trim is it? UL, CL, Sport, Nav, No Nav, base etc?? That can make a difference but otherwise it sounds like a great deal and I wouldn't be too concerned about the bumper as long as the paint matches and the job was done properly. If the car has spent its whole life in Arizona, check to make sure it hasn't suffered thru a Haboob sandstorm or gotten flooded out.
I wouldn't sell ours for that little with the same mileage but the guy apparently knows what he has and so I'd grab it if I were you. Just have it checked out by a qualified mechanic and then pay the $$ and enjoy the ride.

It's a base, sorry forgot to add that. Still a great deal?

Its been in Southern California its whole life and just recently came to AZ..

ill hopefully check out the car this weekend, any pictures of where I should exactly check for the VIN on the sway bar and fenders?

Dacubs 04-06-17 09:19 AM

Also to add to the info. It looks like the front bumper was replaced for a minor accident. Just the bumper replaced (which I'll make sure by checking the VIN, thanks for that tip)

Bocatrip 04-06-17 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dacubs (Post 9827006)
Also to add to the info. It looks like the front bumper was replaced for a minor accident. Just the bumper replaced (which I'll make sure by checking the VIN, thanks for that tip)

. Base
actually could be a plus with less to go wrong. Get the car up on a lift for a thorough inspection as well as checking for any other paintwork on metal surfaces. Unfortunately if this car is a true well maintained LS430 with minimum needs it should sell fast giving you little time to make a decision. Don't drag your feet but get it checked out unless you are comfortable jumping in on it before it's gone. Good luck!

Dacubs 04-06-17 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bocatrip (Post 9827122)
. Base
actually could be a plus with less to go wrong. Get the car up on a lift for a thorough inspection as well as checking for any other paintwork on metal surfaces. Unfortunately if this car is a true well maintained LS430 with minimum needs it should sell fast giving you little time to make a decision. Don't drag your feet but get it checked out unless you are comfortable jumping in on it before it's gone. Good luck!

thanks! It looks like he ran it through an auction but didn't sell it (maybe they didn't like the highest big price) and it's been on Craigslist for over 3 weeks now.

does that give an cause of concern that it hasn't sold so fast?

Thanks for the tip btw

Johnhav430 04-06-17 11:11 AM

Personally, I care so much about paint, that I want to see a car in bright sunlight when cleaned....I mean any defects should be apparent....bumpers, no big deal, but doors, etc. Not positive but I believe I have only 3 dings, barely noticeable, not solid ones. I still park far away and curbed, even though my car is a '06. My car is moonlight and I could not find any overspray...I just feel that with bodywork, all bets are off, and most of us are not experts so we can only use our human eyes...the first used LS I looked at was flat black, at a dealer, clean carfax, and hit on two sides, didn't want it...just take your time and make sure that what you see is what you want.....if the price reflects a repair, and you're ok with it, then go for it. I do think the price sounds reasonable, but you should plan on some work needing to be done here and there, it's inevitable on older cars....good luck!

Bocatrip 04-06-17 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Dacubs (Post 9827127)
thanks! It looks like he ran it through an auction but didn't sell it (maybe they didn't like the highest big price) and it's been on Craigslist for over 3 weeks now.

does that give an cause of concern that it hasn't sold so fast?

Thanks for the tip btw

. Yes it does. I'm not sure where you live and there are tons of dealers on Craig's list. Most interested buyers know the reputation of the LS430 and at that price it should have been gone by now. Very Nice 01-03s with reasonable miles can bring prices close to this example if in great condition. Have you seen the car up close? Driven it? Checked out all the accessories?

jimbosr1 04-06-17 12:16 PM

is the car a silver one on craigslist.does it say that it has the nakamichi stereo and a 6 dish c/d player?
if so,the ls430 never had this radio in it so be very careful.

Dacubs 04-06-17 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by jimbosr1 (Post 9827218)
is the car a silver one on craigslist.does it say that it has the nakamichi stereo and a 6 dish c/d player?
if so,the ls430 never had this radio in it so be very careful.

yeah it's this one

jimbosr1 04-06-17 12:23 PM

i have a feeling this car is a flip.i would look elsewere.