LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

where are all you guys anyway?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-16, 10:16 AM
LSGarry
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No rivals there. The first generation Q45's were worthy of comparison but not this particular generation as Infiniti/Nissan changed the platform from the President to the Cima which resulted in poorer performance and less desirable features and trim. I owned 2 of the first generation and really like them but I really love the LS 430.
Old 12-19-16, 06:44 PM
Gronemus
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by 2KHarrier
where in Wisconsin??
I live in Germantown. The one I saw for sale was on Donges Bay road in Mequon. I believe it might have been a 2001.

Saw the back end of one this morning looking out the window during a meeting at the office. Three months ago I would have not paid any attention to it. Actually, probably wouldn't have been able to identify it back then LOL...
Old 12-19-16, 08:48 PM
Scootymad
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Bottom of the world, on the other side of the Pacific Ocean, in a sleepy little town called Auckland, New Zealand
Old 12-20-16, 01:51 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

NorCal has them all up and down I-5 and 99. I see at least 2-4 a week mostly bone stock so when I see quality mods I make it a point to acknowledge ✌
Old 12-20-16, 01:55 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tallcaguy
I live near Sacramento. Small town (55k). There are (8) 430's that I know of. Older owners and cars look well maintained. On a freeway trip usually see a couple. LOL got a thumbs up from one driver. Can usually find a couple in well to do communities in the area. Still a popular car out here. If a Lex (or major name) dealer lists one, it sells quickly.
Lol that was probably me 👍
Old 12-23-16, 04:30 PM
Gronemus
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts

And just like that I see two more within the last 24 hours. Came upon an '05 or '06 white one last night on the way home. We both got stopped at the light and traded a wave. Then this morning saw a black one pulling out of the car wash as I was pulling in for gas. Maybe I should have followed him into the car wash as mine is completely filthy right now but its snowing again as I type this so it would have been wasted anyway. Maybe tomorrow I'll treat her to a Christmas wash...
Old 12-24-16, 04:22 AM
2KHarrier

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Gronemus
Maybe tomorrow I'll treat her to a Christmas wash...
Wait until Tuesday... It's supposed to rain into tomorrow morning, and with the warmer temps the roads are going to be filthy.

On a more pertinent note, a Flint Mica 05/06 passed me driving north on I-94 yesterday while I was driving back to Milwaukee. First one I've seen in a while.
Old 12-25-16, 11:32 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 186 Likes on 165 Posts

Interesting timing on this thread, lol. I live in Knoxville and LS430s are hardly rare around here, but I wouldn't say they're common either.

Last night, though, (xmas eve) I literally saw six of them on my way from one family member's to another. Just from one part of town to another. I can't recall seeing so many at once in a verrrry long time.

Most I see look very well cared for, and I would guess belong to the original owners.

There are lots of Lexus LS cars here in West Knox and always have been, really. At least, you see way more LSs than S-Classes, 7-Series, A8, etc. It's always been that way. People are very fiscally conservative around here (myself included lol) and not too flashy, and an LS is a smart buy and always has been.

Last edited by AJT123; 12-25-16 at 11:37 PM.
Old 12-26-16, 10:25 AM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
Interesting timing on this thread, lol. I live in Knoxville and LS430s are hardly rare around here, but I wouldn't say they're common either.

Last night, though, (xmas eve) I literally saw six of them on my way from one family member's to another. Just from one part of town to another. I can't recall seeing so many at once in a verrrry long time.

Most I see look very well cared for, and I would guess belong to the original owners.

There are lots of Lexus LS cars here in West Knox and always have been, really. At least, you see way more LSs than S-Classes, 7-Series, A8, etc. It's always been that way. People are very fiscally conservative around here (myself included lol) and not too flashy, and an LS is a smart buy and always has been.
We've all heard that some LS owners take their cars out of the garage only on holidays, Sundays and special occasions. Even the right (well maintained) LS is still a good buy.
Old 12-27-16, 10:17 PM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Currently live about 25 miles from Mobile AL. Good sized Lexus dealer located in Mobile AL so quite a few LS430's and SC430s in this area along with a zillion RX350s. We typically see at least a couple of LS and SC's every day in and around our town.
Old 12-28-16, 03:23 AM
drrishi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in the Netherlands in a village with an unpronounceable name, Roelofarendsveen.
I do keep track of the secondhand market and there are usually one or two for sale. I have never seen another one on the road.
Old 12-28-16, 07:24 AM
MarcS
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I live in the Prius-infested Austin, TX area. You see the occasional LS driving around, by you generally have to go to Dallas or Houston to see a good amount of them. I actually had to buy mine in Dallas because there were none in the ATX area.
Old 12-28-16, 09:25 AM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcS
I live in the Prius-infested Austin, TX area. You see the occasional LS driving around, by you generally have to go to Dallas or Houston to see a good amount of them. I actually had to buy mine in Dallas because there were none in the ATX area.
I live in a college town. Unspoken rule (possibly a law in the near future) is that Prius ownership is a must. Alternative to the Prius is a "shoebox car". One of the many reasons I like my LS is that it's a protest vote.
Old 12-28-16, 09:53 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by tallcaguy
I live in a college town. Unspoken rule (possibly a law in the near future) is that Prius ownership is a must. Alternative to the Prius is a "shoebox car". One of the many reasons I like my LS is that it's a protest vote.
I was once at a Bank of America and the sign in front of the space said it was for green cars only. I parked my Maxima in it, even though it's pearl white.
Old 12-28-16, 06:44 PM
Scootymad
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
I was once at a Bank of America and the sign in front of the space said it was for green cars only. I parked my Maxima in it, even though it's pearl white.

We have those, except they say "Hybrid or Electric vehicles only". I should rig up a mast and a sail and call the lexus a hybrid, because it uses wind power to assist the conventional petrol engine :P

Quick Reply: where are all you guys anyway?