LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

My Love - The 2006 LS430 UL

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-16, 11:20 PM
Dylroberts
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Love - The 2006 LS430 UL

On August 27th 2016 I bought myself my dream car. Well my dream car was actually a Cypress Pearl 2009 LS460, however, once I came upon this gem I think I found my forever car. I'm 21 years old and have been working in insurance since I was 16 & working on my degree in college and things are going really well. In December of 2015, I sold my 2000 LS400 to a family friend and went and leased a 2016 IS200t. Hmm...that car was nothing like my LS. I liked it, don't get me wrong; very cool little sporty, zippy sedan, however, it just was not the right fit. I tried to love it but some things you just cant force and my cars are important to me. The thought of being unhappy for the next 3 years in this lease really wasn't appealing and I was looking every which was to get out of it (not an easy task, they lock you into those things.) Anyways, August rolls around and I found "Jade" (an extremely low mileage (34,988 miles), beyond maxed out 06 LS in my favorite Lexus color, green.) I HAD TO GET IT. So I went down to the dealership, I think the sales people were in shock I was coming back in a brand new IS and was looking at a 10 year old LS. After a short test drive I was sold (it still had the plastic covering on some parts of the car, immaculate!) It had been serviced at the dealership I bought it from all its life, had a brand new set of brakes & tires and a thorough servicing right before I bought it. That timing belt will need to be replaced sometime within the next year (it doesn't look worn or anything but its pushing over 10 years old now.)

After some negotiating blah blah blah, they decided to buy me out of my lease and roll the rest into the finance agreement. I drove off that Lexus lot very happy. I am still excited every day to go and get in it. That leather is buttery soft, the steering wheel wood is as smooth as silk and I feel like a million bucks driving around in it.

I had no idea that these cars came with radar cruise control (that's 06 Tesla Autopilot features right there), I love using that! It beeps at you if your coming up on a car too quickly, the backseats recline, massage, heat & cool, there is an on board fridge, rear vanity mirrors, sunshades all around. I'm sure you all know the rest.

Here are some pictures of Jade below. Just thought I would share some of my happiness with you fellow 430 lovers.

I'm not sure why some of the pictures are upside down but if you click on them it should straighten out.
Attached Thumbnails My Love - The 2006 LS430 UL-img_5378.jpg   My Love - The 2006 LS430 UL-img_5534.jpg   My Love - The 2006 LS430 UL-img_5407.jpg   My Love - The 2006 LS430 UL-img_5551.jpg   My Love - The 2006 LS430 UL-img_5410.jpg  

My Love - The 2006 LS430 UL-img_5409.jpg  
Old 11-18-16, 11:21 PM
Dylroberts
Rookie

So the pictures didn't straighten out, I'm not really sure how to fix that. Sorry!
Old 11-19-16, 01:03 AM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Congrats, Dylroberts! The interior is indeed immaculate. We picked up our 06 LS430 in April of this year. Just had the timing belt changed out of concern for the age (car only has 59K miles). Honestly, the old timing belt looked and felt very much like a new belt. I had to look closely to find even the slightest wear on the belt teeth. If I knew the condition of the old belt was as good as it was then I would have kept driving until 90K and the belt probably would be 13-14 years old by then. I bet your timing belt is still in great condition.
Old 11-19-16, 07:33 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Congrats! Sweet garage....question for all, why does my ML have perforated seats, or do all cars have it? 2006 brochure seems to say it's only on CL and UL, and not cashmere. That's what prompted me to get my build sheet from Lexus, confirming ML and cashmere...
Old 11-19-16, 09:56 AM
Dylroberts
Rookie

Originally Posted by FatherTo1
Congrats, Dylroberts! The interior is indeed immaculate. We picked up our 06 LS430 in April of this year. Just had the timing belt changed out of concern for the age (car only has 59K miles). Honestly, the old timing belt looked and felt very much like a new belt. I had to look closely to find even the slightest wear on the belt teeth. If I knew the condition of the old belt was as good as it was then I would have kept driving until 90K and the belt probably would be 13-14 years old by then. I bet your timing belt is still in great condition.
It is immaculate! Agreed, I kind of want to just leave the timing belt. I looked at it and it looks new. Hardly looks worn at all but I think just to avoid any risk I'll probably end up getting it replaced in the next couple of months.
Old 11-19-16, 09:57 AM
Dylroberts
Rookie

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
Congrats! Sweet garage....question for all, why does my ML have perforated seats, or do all cars have it? 2006 brochure seems to say it's only on CL and UL, and not cashmere. That's what prompted me to get my build sheet from Lexus, confirming ML and cashmere...

I'm no expert on the exact options every trim of these cars have, however, the only thing I can think of is that they are perforated because the front seats are heated and cooled?
Old 11-19-16, 10:58 AM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Congrats on the very nice LS find. It looks immaculate. Hard to find. Other interesting colors are Brandywine and Flint Mica. I've attached pix of my 04 ML Sports. I do have the 5 spoke 18s (which look better) but am experimenting w/ 17s for ride comfort. Enjoy your LS. They are incredible cars. I've driven a couple of 460s. Maybe one of these days but I'll always keep this one. By the way, how do I change the small photo of my Gold car in member info? I've made a tiny file, attached and it still doesn't load.
Attached Thumbnails My Love - The 2006 LS430 UL-1-4-front-lh.jpg  
Old 11-19-16, 11:21 AM
mfalcon
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great looking car! Congratulations
Old 11-19-16, 11:25 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Congrats on your new dentist car man! haha I'm in my 20's too and when I first brought my car to work some reactions from coworkers is thats a car a dentist or doctor drives. I always fool people when I drive up in a older big body Lexus, and as soon as they get inside they asks tons of questions about how new it is, or "I've never seen a car do some of this stuff", especially the reclining rear seats. Gets them every time. I could get something brandnew but I'm perfectly happy with what I have, they really are fantastic cars. I considered the IS myself because I really like the way they look. If I ever decide to replace my Lexus it wont be getting sold, it will be getting passed on to a family member.
Old 11-19-16, 11:33 AM
Dylroberts
Rookie

Originally Posted by tallcaguy
Congrats on the very nice LS find. It looks immaculate. Hard to find. Other interesting colors are Brandywine and Flint Mica. I've attached pix of my 04 ML Sports. I do have the 5 spoke 18s (which look better) but am experimenting w/ 17s for ride comfort. Enjoy your LS. They are incredible cars. I've driven a couple of 460s. Maybe one of these days but I'll always keep this one. By the way, how do I change the small photo of my Gold car in member info? I've made a tiny file, attached and it still doesn't load.
I have always liked that Flint Mica color. That would have been my second choice apart from blue but I find that blue is really hard to fine (even harder than green sometime).
Old 11-19-16, 11:35 AM
Dylroberts
Rookie

Talking

Originally Posted by e60bmw
Congrats on your new dentist car man! haha I'm in my 20's too and when I first brought my car to work some reactions from coworkers is thats a car a dentist or doctor drives. I always fool people when I drive up in a older big body Lexus, and as soon as they get inside they asks tons of questions about how new it is, or "I've never seen a car do some of this stuff", especially the reclining rear seats. Gets them every time. I could get something brandnew but I'm perfectly happy with what I have, they really are fantastic cars. I considered the IS myself because I really like the way they look. If I ever decide to replace my Lexus it wont be getting sold, it will be getting passed on to a family member.
Right! People are like why do you want an old lady car? Then after climbing in they are like, "how can I get one"?
Old 11-19-16, 04:29 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by e60bmw
. My buddy's teenage girls said that' scan old person's car, they like my wife's SUV better. That is simply reality. The LS is cool to us, but square to the gen population. My friend who is in his 50's told me make sure you sign up online for the shuffleboard schedule....lol

hey, we like what we like. I think the LS430 is a sleeper. Again, I drove one at an event in summer 2005, and nobody wanted to drive it. That's over 11 yrs ago and it was out of favor back then already....
Old 11-19-16, 05:02 PM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dylroberts
I have always liked that Flint Mica color. That would have been my second choice apart from blue but I find that blue is really hard to fine (even harder than green sometime).
It's hard to find colors. If it's a Lex or major dealer, they usually disappear quickly. I've seen a couple of Flint Mica's. Nice. Also three Cypress Pearl's (one of which I bought) and two Blue Onyx's. Have you seen the Brandywine? Metallic copper but they were all special order. Impossible to find. Now with Cypress Pearl it's a 2 for 1. Looks green most of the time but sometimes almost gray. Congrats on the car. Hard to beat the low mileage.
Old 11-19-16, 05:23 PM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dylroberts
Right! People are like why do you want an old lady car? Then after climbing in they are like, "how can I get one"?
LOL we all get those comments. Meanwhile I enjoy the car. Got the grief from my wife. Now she wants the keys. I've owned a lot of cars (including an MB) but never one that I invent reasons to drive somewhere just because its so comfortable. I live in a town where everyone drives a Prius or shoebox size car. Thanks but I'll keep my LS.
Old 11-19-16, 05:28 PM
Dylroberts
Rookie

Originally Posted by tallcaguy
It's hard to find colors. If it's a Lex or major dealer, they usually disappear quickly. I've seen a couple of Flint Mica's. Nice. Also three Cypress Pearl's (one of which I bought) and two Blue Onyx's. Have you seen the Brandywine? Metallic copper but they were all special order. Impossible to find. Now with Cypress Pearl it's a 2 for 1. Looks green most of the time but sometimes almost gray. Congrats on the car. Hard to beat the low mileage.
I dont think I have ever seen the Brandywine, however, the metallic copper I actually just saw today in town. There was one for sale up in Santa Barbara a few months back. Only reason I didn't pounce on that one was because it was a non-nav car. I just happen to think they look better with the screens.

Quick Reply: My Love - The 2006 LS430 UL