ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006-158/)
-   -   Were to get part? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/830457-were-to-get-part.html)

Jks24 08-03-16 07:24 PM

Were to get part?

I am trying to find the wood trim piece that is the gps surround, that is on the celsior as well as the wood trim on the sun shades. The gps surround is the most important though anyone know were to get them? I do not want to do a dash trim kit it will not blend correctly and look off.

Tom57 08-03-16 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jks24 (Post 9574698)
I am trying to find the wood trim piece that is the gps surround, that is on the celsior as well as the wood trim on the sun shades. The gps surround is the most important though anyone know were to get them? I do not want to do a dash trim kit it will not blend correctly and look off.

No guarantee that it will match your current wood grain, or even color, because wood grains are unique, and color fades over time, especially from light. http://www.wooddash.com/category/LEXUS_Dash_Kits_LS430

Jks24 08-06-16 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Tom57 (Post 9574703)
No guarantee that it will match your current wood grain, or even color, because wood grains are unique, and color fades over time, especially from light. http://www.wooddash.com/category/LEXUS_Dash_Kits_LS430

Thank you for the suggestion but thats one of the reasons i said i do not want a dash kit i am actually looking for the oem wood trim.

Tom57 08-06-16 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jks24 (Post 9577292)
Thank you for the suggestion but thats one of the reasons i said i do not want a dash kit i am actually looking for the oem wood trim.

OEM didn't make wood trim for the areas you want additional wood trim. Moreover, even if there was "OEM" additional wood veneer trim, it wouldn't match for the reasons posted: color fades in light over time, and all wood grain is different. Example: you can buy an OEM accessory box to replace the cigarette lighter / ash tray in the console next to the shifter. The accessory box comes with a wood veneer lid. You can order the accessory box with the color code of your wood veneer interior ostensibly to "match" your wood veneer. However, the wood grain on the cover of the accessory box will NOT match your wood grain > colors and wood grain won't be a perfect match.

You would have to replace all of the wood veneer interior with a matched set (if you could find it) to achieve what you are looking for.

Jks24 08-06-16 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tom57 (Post 9577454)
OEM didn't make wood trim for the areas you want additional wood trim. Moreover, even if there was "OEM" additional wood veneer trim, it wouldn't match for the reasons posted: color fades in light over time, and all wood grain is different. Example: you can buy an OEM accessory box to replace the cigarette lighter / ash tray in the console next to the shifter. The accessory box comes with a wood veneer lid. You can order the accessory box with the color code of your wood veneer interior ostensibly to "match" your wood veneer. However, the wood grain on the cover of the accessory box will NOT match your wood grain > colors and wood grain won't be a perfect match.

You would have to replace all of the wood veneer interior with a matched set (if you could find it) to achieve what you are looking for.

Yes they did it was in the Toyota celsior it had wood trim around the nav and the visors look it up i am asking were can i find the celsior parts.

2KHarrier 08-06-16 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jks24 (Post 9577509)
Yes they did it was in the Toyota celsior it had wood trim around the nav and the visors look it up i am asking were can i find the celsior parts.

Well, since it was not a Lexus offering, perhaps start with someone who sells Toyota JDM parts? Maybe there's an importer in Japan that sells used parts? I'm sure someone is importing those types of things??

Tom57 08-06-16 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jks24 (Post 9577509)

They didn't offer it in the U.S. market ... JDM is a whole different offering. Post pics when you install it so we can see how well it matches.

Jks24 08-06-16 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tom57 (Post 9577755)
They didn't offer it in the U.S. market ... JDM is a whole different offering. Post pics when you install it so we can see how well it matches.

Will do soon as i find one there about as commen as unicorns. I also understand the difference between japenese market offerings and american, i am asking if any knows of any importers or people i could contact i looked at yahoo japan and ebay as well as contacting other people and i have had no luck hence why i am asking for help lol

Jks24 08-14-16 08:24 PM

Sooooo anybody have any ideas? I am still coming up with nada would central pine be an option?