LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

HELP! Where is the trunk lid anti-theft label located?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-16, 10:37 PM
dramirez
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Where is the trunk lid anti-theft label located?

Hello LS owners! I have a 2004 flint mica LS430 UL and I love it, however I have a situation that any of you can easily help me. I need any of you to look in your trunk lid where is the anti-theft label located. Why?

Well I live in Puerto Rico and here the laws are very strict with the anti-theft labels. Every car here should have every anti-theft label on every body part. If not, you get your car impounded. My LS has all the anti-theft labels but the trunk lid is missing the label. I thought maybe the previous owner rear ended the car and replaced the trunk lid but never did the paperwork to get the new label. I bought the car without noticing the missing label, and that could be a serious problem if the police stop me but I already did all the legal paperwork to get the new label. Now I need to know where the new label should be put exactly, as factory.
Here is a sample of my hood anti-theft label.

PD: The mechanic told me that the label in the trunk lid should be inside the trunk lid carpet if its not seen easily like in the hood.

If any of you guy can take a picture of the location I will appreciate a lot! Thank You
Old 02-10-16, 12:28 AM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Here you go:
Part #745150E010

Old 02-10-16, 05:07 AM
dramirez
Driver School Candidate

Not sure if that is the anti-theft label, it should look exactly the same as this ones

Old 02-10-16, 05:22 AM
lsdude
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you referring to the VIN tag? If so, the label is below the carpet panel. I can't find any pictures, but remove the carpet panel and the VIN/anti-theft tag will be there.
Old 02-10-16, 05:26 AM
dramirez
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, I already removed the carpet panel, and carefully look for it and is not there, And also removed the trunk lid molding and licence plate but no luck. Definitely its missing. �� Thats why I need to know where it should be, to put the new one where it should be.
Old 02-10-16, 02:09 PM
dramirez
Driver School Candidate

UPDATE ! Today I found a local dealer with an 04 LS430 for sale, I stopped by and I explained to the salesman my situation and he was very cool and willing to help me, We opened the trunk lid of that LS430 and removed the whole carpet panel, and again! No anti-theft label on that LS neither! The salesman told me that the car still with its original paint.. Clean carfax so the car has been never in an accident. Im more than confused now, Does the LS come without a trunk lid anti-Theft label??? :S