LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Rank the most desirable color combinations for the LS430

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-17, 07:11 PM
lextout
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts

i wouldn't sell it for no less then 10k, just be patient it will sell eventually.
Old 07-12-19, 07:13 AM
thirdgear
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saddle wagon all aboard

Originally Posted by XJSFan
Flint Mica /Saddle
Briarwood Pearl/Saddle
Black/Saddle
Silver/Black
Lol everyone jumped on the Saddle wagon.
Saddle color is ugly on the LS430, that color is not right for a luxuary car. Black interior is the best that's why it got played out.
Old 12-03-20, 08:22 AM
123go
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thirdgear
Lol everyone jumped on the Saddle wagon.
Saddle color is ugly on the LS430, that color is not right for a luxuary car. Black interior is the best that's why it got played out.
Agree, saddle is a sports car color really. MG & Triumph interior color no doubt. Dennis Gage (Does My Classic Car tv show) was my neighbor many yrs ago and he had a several with saddle interiors. Pretty much anything dark black/blue/green had saddle int. Red did too but red/yellow/white had either black or saddle it seems, most having black Id say? Dennis had a big fire in his garage and lost some nice antique British sports cars in it, very sad day for him. It was back in early 70's but I remember it very well. Okay I'm old, get over yourself..lol
Back on track my friend has an SC in Black/Saddle and it don't do it there for me either. You think it would but imo the wood don't pop well enough with Saddle interior like other colors do. It simply all blends in. Especially like the black/wood really pop, it is just darn perty!
I like black interiors for looks and hiding dirt but in the end tends to show more damage as they begin to age and yep clearly over used. Wife don't like black interiors at all. Thought about tossing her back for that, but Id starve and my dog refuses to do laundry. I tell him "go get us a rabbit" he brings me toad frogs...lol I just gotta stay with her is all.
My best LS color choice is Briarwood and Cashmere if luxury is all in. Such a high class color combo, I'm quite shocked there aren't more around, seems rare.
Passed on a UL with this combo and man it was so hard to do that. It went through too many short term owners (always a warning) and had a rear door replaced with very bad paint work. The lot still wanted well over book on it too. It eventually sold and hopefully all its short term owners wasn't from electrical or suspension issues that cause them headaches? The damaged door isn't on the Carfax/Autocheck so it made me wonder what else was hidden by the last owners/lot?
Beautiful color combo and very rare to see the UL in it, it was so hard to pass it up trust me.
Peace

Last edited by 123go; 07-20-21 at 09:03 AM.
Old 12-03-20, 01:01 PM
SuperCoupe400
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry guys (and all who LOVE black interiors), but I must add my $0.02.

I am diametrically opposed to black interiors - especially leather ones. All black interiors make me feel like I'm riding in a coffin. Very depressing, imho. And when that black leather starts to loose it's natural buff finish, it goes into that permanent full 'pleather' shine notorious with so many older cars. Nothing cheapens an interior like shiny black leather - again, imho. Not to mention, the level of detail that has been designed into any car's interior is largely hidden and masked when everything is black-on-black-on-black. You need contrast to let an interior 'breath' visually. Just check out the comparison attached and tell me there's not more visual interest in the Almond interior...

The wood combo Lexus did with the black interiors of the LS430 are also uninteresting to me. Quite underwhelming. In fact, if someone where to gift me a brand new Bentley Mulsanne with a black interior, I'd take it, but immediately trade that bad boy in for one with an interior much more inviting and lux.
Old 12-03-20, 01:09 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,145 Likes on 853 Posts

Silver on saddle
Old 12-04-20, 03:08 AM
BigBoomer
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 195 Posts

I prefer cream/tan or light grey interiors.
I've had black leather before and whilst it hides a lot more dirt, it gets ****ing HOT in the sun.

For the exterior a dark purple, dark forest green, or dark blue for me.
I've never been keen on silvers or greys and I hate white or red cars.

If I lived somewhere sunny and hot, I'd probably have silver/cream but only for practicality, not for looks.
Old 12-04-20, 08:26 AM
CA2WALS430
Intermediate

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

What a fun thread to resurrect. To me these cars are fresh and new.

@BigBoomer , I'm with you. Dark interiors depress me, and I also live in rainy climate but I felt the same way when I lived in Los Angeles. Dark exteriors can be nice, but very hard to keep nice, especially since I park outdoors. I generally prefer light on light. If you were here in the USA, I would say this amazing 2003 is your car, for sale at the very reputable Lexus of Bellevue, WA:
https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/c...234110367.html

Alright, in keeping on topic, I love saddle interiors, but my problem is they put black dashes and floors in them. They should have kept the whole thing saddle, OR I think they should have at least offered UL buyers a leather or faux dash with contrast stitching! I looooooove the look of contrast stitching. An all-saddle interior with Ecru stitching all over the seats and dash?!?!?! Ohhh, baby. Ok, back to reality. No bordeaux anything for me, except wine.
1. Crystal White Pearl on Cashmere (light tan), which I currently own
2. Moonlight Pearl on Ecru (cream)
3. Mystic Sea Opalescent (01-03 only) on Ecru, which I previously owned, though I would have preferred the grayish wood (01-03 only)
4. Briarwood Pearl (04-06 only) on Ecru
5. If a floor and dash transplant were possible, Mercury Metallic (silver) on Saddle
Old 12-07-20, 03:40 AM
BigBoomer
Instructor

Originally Posted by CA2WALS430
@BigBoomer , I'm with you. Dark interiors depress me, and I also live in rainy climate but I felt the same way when I lived in Los Angeles. Dark exteriors can be nice, but very hard to keep nice, especially since I park outdoors. I generally prefer light on light. If you were here in the USA, I would say this amazing 2003 is your car, for sale at the very reputable Lexus of Bellevue, WA:
https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/c...234110367.html
Funny you should say that. Here is my 2004 facelift LS and she has a cream interior,... and no, that's not my house, just a vacation rental. :-)
Attached Thumbnails Rank the most desirable color combinations for the LS430-bigboomerls.jpg  
Old 12-07-20, 08:22 PM
CA2WALS430
Intermediate

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBoomer
Funny you should say that. Here is my 2004 facelift LS and she has a cream interior,... and no, that's not my house, just a vacation rental. :-)
WOW! That's too perfect, the exact car but in the 04 refresh; I love it. Non-chrome 18's are beautiful and striking in contrast, especially on dark paint. That is so nice, and a great shot. We both have our dream cars. I also take photos of my car on vacay. I know you hate white, but here is my return pic from July on Bonneville Salt Flats of Utah, USA (17's non-chrome, 55% tint on windows):

The following users liked this post:
BigBoomer (12-08-20)
Old 12-08-20, 03:23 AM
BigBoomer
Instructor

Originally Posted by CA2WALS430
WOW! That's too perfect, the exact car but in the 04 refresh; I love it. Non-chrome 18's are beautiful and striking in contrast, especially on dark paint. That is so nice, and a great shot. We both have our dream cars. I also take photos of my car on vacay. I know you hate white, but here is my return pic from July on Bonneville Salt Flats of Utah, USA (17's non-chrome, 55% tint on windows):
That looks perfect for hotter sunnier climates :-)
Old 03-10-24, 07:44 PM
LS462523
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Briarwood Pearl with cashmere interior

Originally Posted by 123go
Agree, saddle is a sports car color really. MG & Triumph interior color no doubt. Dennis Gage (Does My Classic Car tv show) was my neighbor many yrs ago and he had a several with saddle interiors. Pretty much anything dark black/blue/green had saddle int. Red did too but red/yellow/white had either black or saddle it seems, most having black Id say? Dennis had a big fire in his garage and lost some nice antique British sports cars in it, very sad day for him. It was back in early 70's but I remember it very well. Okay I'm old, get over yourself..lol
Back on track my friend has an SC in Black/Saddle and it don't do it there for me either. You think it would but imo the wood don't pop well enough with Saddle interior like other colors do. It simply all blends in. Especially like the black/wood really pop, it is just darn perty!
I like black interiors for looks and hiding dirt but in the end tends to show more damage as they begin to age and yep clearly over used. Wife don't like black interiors at all. Thought about tossing her back for that, but Id starve and my dog refuses to do laundry. I tell him "go get us a rabbit" he brings me toad frogs...lol I just gotta stay with her is all.
My best LS color choice is Briarwood and Cashmere if luxury is all in. Such a high class color combo, I'm quite shocked there aren't more around, seems rare.
Passed on a UL with this combo and man it was so hard to do that. It went through too many short term owners (always a warning) and had a rear door replaced with very bad paint work. The lot still wanted well over book on it too. It eventually sold and hopefully all its short term owners wasn't from electrical or suspension issues that cause them headaches? The damaged door isn't on the Carfax/Autocheck so it made me wonder what else was hidden by the last owners/lot?
Beautiful color combo and very rare to see the UL in it, it was so hard to pass it up trust me.
Peace

Here's my '04 Briarwood Pearl... Like you, I haven't seen any others running around my area must be pretty rare color...