LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

LS430 with Megan EZ Coilovers

Old 12-12-13, 05:30 PM
kenTHUNDER
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Megan EZs were installed how they came. Havent lowered anymore or adjusted anything.
I've got my fronts 4 clicks away from the hardest damper setting and the rears 2 clicks from hardest damper setting.

Ride quality is a lot better than I thought. Its still smooth. Although I do feel more bumps and grooves in the road but I am not bouncing around like most would think. Overall, I am very satisfied.

But hey, SikHerLife, have you gotten a wheel alignment yet? Lol
Old 12-12-13, 06:11 PM
gabbyallen
Driver School Candidate

i ordered the megan lp they said it should be a bit more luxury then the ez i hope its great! will get pictures up soon!
Old 12-12-13, 07:14 PM
GLIDESUL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking good lower is better but not good for beat up roads. Still waiting on my coils there on back order coming from Taiwan. If I knew they weren't in stock I would've went elsewhere. Is that the height they set at the megan factory.
Old 12-12-13, 07:51 PM
kenTHUNDER
Rookie

Originally Posted by GLIDESUL
Looking good lower is better but not good for beat up roads. Still waiting on my coils there on back order coming from Taiwan. If I knew they weren't in stock I would've went elsewhere. Is that the height they set at the megan factory.
Thanks man

I guess it is the Megan factory settings... The fronts are pretty close to being slammed. I can get 1 finger in between tire and fender. I can get 2 fingers in between rears... But then again I have 20s
Old 12-12-13, 07:53 PM
kenTHUNDER
Rookie

Originally Posted by gabbyallen
i ordered the megan lp they said it should be a bit more luxury then the ez i hope its great! will get pictures up soon!
I didn't know the LPs would be more luxurious o-: lol either way, good luck with the outcome of your ride!! (:
Old 12-12-13, 08:05 PM
kenTHUNDER
Rookie

Roads out here where I live are fairly good. Not too many bad roads, bumpy roads, or potholes and I've lived here long enough to remember where the bad spots are ahead of me... So I should be good..

This 2001 LS430 I have only has 57k miles on it (:

I need to get a daily driver for the start of next year if I want to keep this car in good shape... Fingers crossed for the new year X(-__-)X
Old 12-12-13, 08:53 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i would even out the height, maybe a .5" lower in the rear. and the EZ has less dampening settings compared to the LPs.
Old 12-12-13, 09:07 PM
kenTHUNDER
Rookie

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
i would even out the height, maybe a .5" lower in the rear. and the EZ has less dampening settings compared to the LPs.
Cool cool I see now about the LPs n EZs... And I think you're right about how I should lower .5" in the rear. Thanks for your input!!
Old 12-12-13, 11:14 PM
SikHerLife
Pole Position

Wow looks good bro... I would just lower the rear slightly to even out the drop.. but looks real good... And I haven't gotten an alignment yet only because I plan on slamming the car for this Carshow coming up next weekend.. but I am definetly doing that after
Old 12-15-13, 03:18 PM
PROSTAR
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

good work man 20's huh..Hmmm explains why your still a bit to high still looks good nonetheless
Old 02-04-14, 08:13 PM
kenTHUNDER
Rookie

just an updated pic of my LS. recently got window tint. haven't done much else -___- got other stuff to take care of while the car game waits for me. oh well, the car game will always be there (:

Old 02-05-14, 10:22 AM
Ce3kay
Rookie

looking good thunder! awesome combo!
Old 02-22-14, 02:15 AM
MikeyLV
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Updated pic of my LS as well, sorry for being a little late on it, still on my EZ's riding smooth.
Old 02-22-14, 06:53 AM
XJSFan
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by kenTHUNDER
just an updated pic of my LS. recently got window tint. haven't done much else -___- got other stuff to take care of while the car game waits for me. oh well, the car game will always be there (:

Looks very nice.
Old 02-23-14, 09:25 AM
username32
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kenTHUNDER
So I'm thinking about getting some Megan EZ coilovers. I have a 2001 LS430 with 56k miles on it and I run 20" MRR HR3 wheels. I'm on stock everything, besides wheels.

I only want to drop the ride height 3", maybe 4" all around. I don't want my wheels/tires tucking... My question is, will I need any other parts besides the coilovers (like camber, toe, etc.) or will the OEM stock parts be sufficient to hold the drop?
Ive read the Megan EZ coil-overs springs are way too soft and under dampened. I also ready the rear of the car bounces a lot with that setup as well...that was the main reason i decided NOT to get it. If you compare other makers coil-overs (mono or twin tube regardless) the spring rates are way to soft for a short stroke coil-over. I went with HSD setup (they are basically Stance coil-overs, but since they make the coil-overs for Stance i was able to source them a bit cheaper).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS430 with Megan EZ Coilovers