04 ML 62K $17,500 Fair Price?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-13, 11:06 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Default 04 ML 62K $17,500 Fair Price?

Euro Tuned Suspension with 18's
Black interior Flint Mica Texas/Ca car 2 rims have moderate curb rash otherwise above average condition Clean CarFx no wrecks on my inspection, tape edges etc.

New MXV4's prolly needs 90k service but if Interested I can call the previouse owner and see. Complete Lexus service history provided.

Can rims be cleaned up to look perfect by pros for 50-60 bucks a piece as I am told?
Again for me a Texas car in Wi is a real plus.
Not dealer inspected yet.

Thanks Warm.
Old 04-20-13, 12:47 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think as far as the wheels go i wouldent let someone mess around with my works, or any other high grade wheel. It would be helpful if you could post a link to the car so we can determine if it is worth it.

in our opions of course. The final opinion is you!
Old 04-20-13, 09:54 PM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

Good price. Check date of manufacturing. Make sure transmission and fuel pump recalls were taken care of if this car falls under it.
If it was manufacturer in 2003 then play a 10 year old car card and get a great price.
Old 04-21-13, 12:47 AM
gveng
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wheels can be repaired but here in California it usually runs $125-150 per wheel.
Old 04-21-13, 03:58 AM
ls430lover
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cars is gold just beaking in if the suspension is good and the control arm bushings were done, buy the car put a timing belt in and enjoy it for 250,000 miles
also have a mechanic to see if the valve covers are leaking, and bring it to a auto body shop have them confirm the car wasnt hit and painted if not buy it and enjoy it 04 up are wonderful and hard to find and will be even harder moving forward
Old 04-21-13, 06:22 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

www.go2kingauto.com/id665.html

Here is the link can't seem to get it to copy paste. Do I really have to get the control arm bushings done, he will give me 9k$ for mine a premium with 196k on it with blinking AFS light, corroded rims my driveline is still golden though.
Mine st wheel is perfect at any speed, this one is a smidge nervous on some pavement, I get er up to 100 mph still just a smidge nervous, brakes are perfect. Inspection, road force balance part of purchase agreement or I will keep looking just don't want to over pay.

I have been looking for a while. Problem is now I really liked the sport suspension and its a must have if I do not like this one.
Old 04-21-13, 06:24 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Problem is the UL Sport suspension I do not have a pass thru for my skiis I can't imsagine a Thule box on an LS., I ski 30 plus days a year.
Old 04-21-13, 06:55 AM
ls430lover
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

think your over analayzing this whole thing
be happy and safe driving
Old 04-21-13, 12:49 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that thing is a gem. way too nice to put a roof rack on and go skiing.

IMO.
Old 04-21-13, 03:12 PM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Looks very good. Nice low mile car. Probably needs all wheels balanced and a good alignment. Good color combo for up north. I'd pay their price but first if it was me I'd pay for a Lexus inspection on it before I did the deal ..if the sales manager balked at that I'd run in the other direction.
Old 04-21-13, 05:12 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the looks I am gonna call the owner tomorrow, 70 y/o retired guy, to check on a couple service history holes on the Lexus site and t belt. Get an inspection and go from there.

I think its a fair price and I climbed all over it today and yesterday and it looks surprise free & paint looks real good. I know I am over analytical I do not like surprises and need proof of being an above average car.
The MXV4's V rated have maybe 10 k miles on em the lil shallow outer siping on the outside and inside still there/ same depth if ya know what I mean. Nav is updated and screen lower bezel is near perfect as is the interior and seat cushion. There is one slight crack on the steering wheel I checked after you warm states mentioned the wheel cracking in an earlier thread.
Old 04-21-13, 06:10 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

Great interior color. Why the 90K service with 61,000 miles?
Old 04-21-13, 06:58 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Thanks Boc, My current interior is black only shows dust, if I thought about another color saddle i would prefer just for something different, maybe gray. I understand the belt is 6 years or 90k miles?

Jab, I imagine the color is nice up north as it will not get to hot? The last one I looked at a month ago was same ol silver and dealer would not replace tires and it had a mild shake so I walked even after an inspection for 100 bucks, good insurance, so flint mica kind of grew on me and it is tinted professionally.

Wisconsin is pretty blue collar so an 04 anything listed originally for 21k got few looks in 3 months but I red flag it anyway for the time it sat around, maybe flat spotting. Its a 40 mile trip to the dealer for em to heat up real nice and "round back out" before the inspection.

I am kind of a wakjob I know my last LS was 17k$ for a premium with 55k on Palm Springs snowbird/ Mi summers It had a bumper spray which eventually paint on the the sensors flaked off. I knew it was painted and bumpers are pretty acceptable in my book. This one bumpers are not repainted and look good. After 196k with wisco winters the rims/sensors are cooked on my current ride.
We pretty much settled on a price he wanted 18,500 from 21kI agreed to 17,500 so we are set. I pretty much won't degrade myself and dink around for a couple hundred bucks if it is fair then i leave on good relations and he has connections for getting stuff done at discounted dealer prices like belt changes, paint work and rim repairs.

There is a mild paint scratch thru the clear on the front fender he offered to fix I may have them spray/blend the lower hood. I drove out of my way to look at the body shop and ask around and got real good input from locals in this small town. Wakjob yes surprises no I hope. Thanks
Old 04-22-13, 11:51 AM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sport suspension was not available from the factory with the UL selection.
He should have the passthru.
Old 04-26-13, 05:31 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Thanks! Inspection today, I get to drive it today all day and see if I like it I hace around 125 miles planned. The headlights on the one I am looking at are a bit staggered, the drivers is slightly cropped, the passenger is slightly longer. I think mine is flush? Any ideas?

The sport suspension is nice but I mean if ya drive it hard it is still a heavy car and if it gets away from you look out!

Otherwise the hood chips are minimal little scatch on the fender I can let go even one wheel really si bad, if I drive this one to 200 k and it costs me 8500 bucks plus a wheel bearing I will be happy. I spoke to the owner cars a keeper. Thanks for all the help.

Quick Reply: 04 ML 62K $17,500 Fair Price?