LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Best way to connect Android phone to LS430 stereo system?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-12, 06:41 AM
xsbc63x
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First attempt with the grom usb/ipod/android adapter did not work, caused a few other problems with the car as well(no a/c sound only coming from right side speakers, etc). All problems cured themselves after removal of the device and resetting the car battery. After some research they claim they sent me the wrong cable and are sending out the correct cable.
They 04 and 05 lexus are tricky and have 2 potential cables, so we will see.
Stay tuned.
Old 05-21-12, 09:13 AM
nmikmik
Rookie

Thanks for the update!
Did they mention if 01-03 have similar issues?
Old 05-22-12, 07:53 PM
xsbc63x
Rookie

No they just said 04 and 05 has 2 potential harnesses, and there's no way to tell besides pulling your deck and sending them a picture of it. Once I sent the picture in, they said right away I had the wrong harness. so hopefully it will work when the new harness comes in.
Old 05-26-12, 07:51 AM
nmikmik
Rookie

Thanks,

Hope it works out for you. I know it's frustrating, but it's part of been dependent on technology.
And we are just trying to make even more complicated
Old 05-26-12, 09:55 AM
gjw510
Driver School Candidate

Can you say what year and what cable you have so others can avoid this hitch I have a 05 and am really leaning toward this product
Old 05-28-12, 12:35 PM
nmikmik
Rookie

Default weird

I ran into something weird when I "called" them.
When I asked sales support on-line to tell me which product and harness I need for my specific car an 02 base.
They "said" send us a picture of your dash - we will call with exact product you need.
So far have not heard from them.
Old 05-28-12, 01:03 PM
xsbc63x
Rookie

Originally Posted by gjw510
Can you say what year and what cable you have so others can avoid this hitch I have a 05 and am really leaning toward this product
Yes it is a bit goofy, Their is no number to call, you have to either email them or they have an online chat option (which I must say I am pretty pleased with their service on that end) I got the LEX cable with the kit and they are saying it is wrong (I had to pull the radio out and send them a picture of the back side of it, and they said i needed the TOY cable. It shows it will be here tomorrow)

The connector on the right is the LEX cable they originally sent me, they say I need the TOY cable which I Believe is the one on the left ? we will see tomorrow.

heres the backside shot of my radio
Attached Thumbnails Best way to connect Android phone to LS430 stereo system?-2012-05-18_16-32-15_193.jpg  
Old 05-29-12, 05:44 PM
xsbc63x
Rookie

UPDATE: I received the new TOY cable today and installed it, Ipod worked right away, usb adapter worked right away, after a little futzing I got the my Android phone connected and to say the least I am now happy! I have control of the songs with my steering wheels/radio controls, the song titles and artist display on my navi screen, and everything seems to be working. Sound quality is very good and for the 150$ i paid for this (I also got the IPOD cable with it) as of right now it seems to be a good start! I haven't messed with multiple playlists yet, but I can shut the car off and disconnect the phone, when I get back in the car plug the phone in, it goes right back were it left off automatically. I will update again in the future once I learn more about it.
Old 05-30-12, 08:47 PM
nmikmik
Rookie

Thanks for the update and really glad it's working out for you - so there is hope

So i take it, you connect your android through the usb so it charges while it plays music. Since you have the nav system, I doubt you tried the nav on your phone, but if you did, would be nice to know how it works.
Thanks
Old 05-31-12, 04:33 PM
xsbc63x
Rookie

Originally Posted by nmikmik
Thanks for the update and really glad it's working out for you - so there is hope

So i take it, you connect your android through the usb so it charges while it plays music. Since you have the nav system, I doubt you tried the nav on your phone, but if you did, would be nice to know how it works.
Thanks
I have not tried the navi on the phone with it connected, however the Bluetooth still works as normal, the stereo will cut out when you receive the call and return to where it left off when you hang up. I will try the navi tomorrow and post back.

dp

yes the phone charges while it is connected.
Old 05-31-12, 06:21 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts
Default MOdel#

Which exact model# and parts did you receive and for how much please?

Randy
Old 06-02-12, 12:59 PM
xsbc63x
Rookie

Originally Posted by Randy B
Which exact model# and parts did you receive and for how much please?

Randy
just go to the website and enter your vehicle info, it will show you what fits your car. I believe it was about $150 with the ipod cable shipped.
Old 06-02-12, 06:33 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by xsbc63x
just go to the website and enter your vehicle info, it will show you what fits your car. I believe it was about $150 with the ipod cable shipped.
Assuming you went through that process, and the end result was you did not get the correct parts. Thus the reason I am asking for what you did get and is known to work.
Old 06-05-12, 05:21 PM
xsbc63x
Rookie

Originally Posted by Randy B
Assuming you went through that process, and the end result was you did not get the correct parts. Thus the reason I am asking for what you did get and is known to work.
THERE ARE 2 POSSIBLE Harnesses FOR THE 04-05 LS430s, You either pull your stereo and send them a picture of the back, or else trial and error. You may not have the same cable as I do. Originally I got the LEX cable from them and I ended up needing the TOY cable, if that helps.

The main parts were correct, just not the Harness

Dave
Old 06-08-12, 08:23 PM
mk4umha
Pit Crew

Which connector did the LEX and TOY harness connect to? the Big one or the Small one? I have the LEX and it refuses to slide and snap into place on the big connector.

Quick Reply: Best way to connect Android phone to LS430 stereo system?