LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Need Inspection in Austin, Texas -- and Shipping?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-12, 04:03 PM
vinodc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Docdenver, go for the warranty if you want that piece of mind. Thats exactly why I got it. Also keep in mind, if you cancel the warranty at any time, the lexus one is prorated back to you. So it can help with resale down the road too.
Old 04-23-12, 03:54 PM
DocDenver
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, been off the forum for a while -- just kind of made me too nervous. But......

THE CAR HAS ARRIVED! Came in today on the truck (actually, a 3-car trailer behind a big pickup) - on time and in what looks to be GREAT shape. The guy was really picky, and I loved it. (In fact, the driver said his wife drove an '06 LS430 that he bought new back when he was doing really well in construction...)

So the thing is AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING I was worried about liking the color, but love it! I can't find a thing wrong with the car. The wheels are a bit shinier than I thought they'd be - but they aren't actually chrome. It rides like a DREAM. CRIMINAL!! The stereo is really awesome. I can't believe how much I enjoy listening to music in the car. My 2000 Maxima had never really been wind-proof since a major accident about 10 years ago, and I just got used to it.

Anyways, I am totally IN LOVE with this car, and wouldn't be writing this - I'd be driving it -- but had to come to work and have a free moment.

Does anyone else feel nervous driving theirs? Kind of like "too much car for me" and "crap where do I park this beautiful thing???" Also - I swear people get out of my way and don't mess with me as much in traffic -- they seem to "respect" the car.

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

WHOO-HOO!!!
Old 04-23-12, 03:56 PM
DocDenver
Driver School Candidate

OK, now where can I drive? "Honey do you need any bread? Remember we bought some really good bread at that store about 75 miles away? Maybe I'll go get some of that...."
Old 04-23-12, 06:45 PM
vinodc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You seem very excited about your car docdenver. I'm glad everything worked out for you. Its a great car, and you will love it. Just like you, i look for any reason to go drive it, or clean it, etc.
Old 04-23-12, 07:15 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on getting the car? Which one did you end up getting?
Old 04-25-12, 10:25 PM
DocDenver
Driver School Candidate

I ended up with the Gold '05 ML from Austin. The white one here in Denver never called back. But I think I personally like the gold better, so I'm happy about that. Wife also likes the gold. It just feels like it was meant to be my car!!

It was really nerve-wracking to buy a car at a distance like that, but the car is beautiful. Totally clean. Most people who see it think it's brand new.

Shipping was great, and appreciated not having to drive for 15 hours.

The car itself, the LS, is really just totally awesome. Really impressive. Oh so quiet. oh so smooth. oh the music is awesome. Oh so happy.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for holding my hand during my days of anxiety!

Kudos:
Nyle-Maxwell Jeep/Chrysler (Austin). Polo the salesman. Brent and Ken the finance guys. Monica the title lady.
Auto P.I. inspectors (Austin)
Stateway Auto Transport (Chicago) -- and A-Aces Auto Transport and Frank Coleman (Englewood, CO)
ClubLexus
The wife
Various Lexus dealers, including Kuni here in Denver
God

Really, everything went perfectly. Anybody need anything from the store? I'll go.....
Old 04-26-12, 05:49 AM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

A lot can go wrong buying sight unseen and long distance so that is great news. The 01-06 LS is likely the best mass produced luxury car that was ever built. Enjoy your new car in good health and safety.
Old 04-26-12, 03:54 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Someone's gotta say it first - PICS?
Old 04-26-12, 07:13 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

Congrats.....It's a great car.....You're going to love it!!!
Old 04-28-12, 09:21 PM
DocDenver
Driver School Candidate

Default Pics of the LS430 2005 Gold ML

Again, everyone, thanks for the help. A few details still need to be tied up - but for the most part everything is done and settled - I'll write a summary and some thoughts after the dust settles in case it may help someone else -- but for now I've had enough thinking and stressing - the car is here in Denver, it's beeeaaauuutteeeeffffuuuuull and looks awfully shiny and new. Driving it is incredibly soothing, and I'm really going to dig out some classical music CD's - just seems to fit somehow, and I can hear details I've not noticed for years. I did think that the "SAT/AM" button meant I'd just be able to hook up Sirius or XM, but will need to pony up some cash for the VAIS system at some point, I suppose.

I am thrilled because I'm really having trouble finding anything wrong with it! Someone really took great care of it, and the dealer detailed it up pretty nice. I did wash it today - gosh, hated to use regular old car wash stuff on it, but not sure how I feel about making a commitment to Algerian wool hand mitts or whatever is the primo thing to use. One reason I got the gold was because that color tends to stay looking nice through H--- and high water. (Speaking of washing it, it was fun to watch the water bead off the windows more than on other cars I've had.)

Was able to get some pretty nice shots this evening since it was overcast. The car is very easy to take pictures of, finding a nice background much more of a challenge.......so if you see a few blurry areas, it's where I zapped a sign or a building out of the background

Thanks again for the community!
Attached Thumbnails Need Inspection in Austin, Texas -- and Shipping?-docdenver-ls430-2.jpg   Need Inspection in Austin, Texas -- and Shipping?-docdenver-ls430-3.jpg   Need Inspection in Austin, Texas -- and Shipping?-docdenver-ls430-4.jpg  
Old 04-29-12, 02:52 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Lookin good, buddy. Kudos to you.
Old 04-29-12, 02:29 PM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Beautiful classic car. Great choice - the LS looks really good in that shade of gold.
Old 04-29-12, 02:54 PM
DocDenver
Driver School Candidate

Thanks to you both! I just can't get enough of the car this week. Took a while to get used to the keyless entry beeps and tricks - "Check S/T Lock"!!!-- there was a 3-minute panic-- still have a gut reaction when something does anything unusual that there may be a problem with the car... but learning to trust it....

Funny the car looks so different with different colors -- those dark colors look awesome and super-classy when spiffed up - that Cherry must glow! -- but with kid, dogs, general laziness and an aversion to heat -- somehow the gold is the one for me, thanks for the complements!
Old 04-29-12, 03:30 PM
DocDenver
Driver School Candidate

Default Question - How to add signature?

I just can't figure out how to put my "Signature" into my profile (The blurb at the bottom of each reply). Silly question - but how does one add that/change it? I seem to be able to find everything else on my profile page....
Old 04-29-12, 03:53 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by DocDenver
I just can't figure out how to put my "Signature" into my profile (The blurb at the bottom of each reply). Silly question - but how does one add that/change it? I seem to be able to find everything else on my profile page....
Go to the top of this page where is says User CP. Then go to edit signature.

Quick Reply: Need Inspection in Austin, Texas -- and Shipping?