ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006-158/)
-   -   Upgraded Nav, discovered missing lug wrench (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/600477-upgraded-nav-discovered-missing-lug-wrench.html)

LS430Lexus 10-29-11 03:05 PM

Upgraded Nav, discovered missing lug wrench

I upgraded the Nav on my '02UL w/ 65k, a very simple job. While there, I checked the tire pressure and condition of the spare. All were fine.

I noticed my lug wrench was missing. As far as I know, the tires have always been worked on by the dealer or Discount Tire. It doesn't matter, I have to get a new one. I will call Sewell on Monday. Any suggestions or opinions on using the Gorilla or any of the others?

caddyowner 10-29-11 03:25 PM

Did you check the tool kit on the left wall of the trunk behind the wheel well? The lug wrench is inside there.

LS430Lexus 10-29-11 07:11 PM

Yes, it is missing. It was there when I got the car about a year ago, it is not there now. I suppose I will replace it but wonder if I should also get a folding "x" shaped model for more torque.

RA40 10-29-11 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by caddyowner (Post 6788024)
Did you check the tool kit on the left wall of the trunk behind the wheel well? The lug wrench is inside there.

Boy do I feel like a doofus.

The other night I noticed a one of the tires was quite low. I checked the pressure and it was at 20psi. I pulled into another wide open space anticipating to do the drill. I get the stuff out and stopped cold...where is the lug wrench?!

Now my other cars have it clipped or placed with the scissor jack in the spare tire well. Safe to say I've been fortunate in not having to swap while out, so this was a first. I'm looking frantically and I have the whole liner pulled out. Mrs. is saying, call AAA and stop wasting time. :rolleyes: Truck pulls in about 8 minutes later and I'm back on the road in another 6-8 minutes.

I didn't even think to look in the "tool kit"! Yup, there it was. :egads::rolleyes:

64impalaSS 10-30-11 04:35 AM

I like the folding universal. It is probably cheaper than buying an OE lug wrench anyway.

AlexusAnja 10-30-11 07:03 AM

I have a folding universal for doing my rotations and the work fine. Only issue is that I always feel uneasy stepping on them to loosen an overtightened nut because of the welding, whereas the OEM wrench is a full piece metal and I can step on that all day.

jimisbell 10-24-18 02:50 PM

this morning for the first time, I opened the tire well because I had a flat. Couldnt find the lug wrench so called AAA to do the job. I looked everywhere but not in that tiny tool box because any wrench in there could NOT have enough torque to remove the lugs.. I will check later, but I dont see how a lug wrench long enough to remove wheel lugs could be in that box.

ebxgsxr 10-24-18 02:57 PM

mine was missing. i ended up getting this off Amazon. comes in a bag, so it sits tucked away. i was concerned that the socket wouldn't fit in, but it does. i ended up getting a deep socket from harbor freight and i keep it in the bag.

2KHarrier 10-25-18 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by ebxgsxr (Post 10341805)
mine was missing. i ended up getting this off Amazon. comes in a bag, so it sits tucked away. i was concerned that the socket wouldn't fit in, but it does. i ended up getting a deep socket from harbor freight and i keep it in the bag.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks like what I carried in my 2001 while I was commuting. I also carry a portable compressor/start pack/flood light.

Thankfully, I've never had to use it...

ebxgsxr 10-25-18 06:48 AM

scary thing was our lug wrench was missing and my wife was commuting about 60-70 miles one way. glad she never needed it. smart to carry that stuff for a commute.

jimisbell 10-26-18 06:56 AM

My wife has AAA because she would NOT change a tire if her life depended on it. Used it yesterday morning when I could not find the wrench....LOL. Cheap insurance.