LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

New magnaflow exhaust mufflers (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-11, 04:01 PM
98cruiser
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New magnaflow exhaust mufflers (pics)

Ok i just installed my new Magnaflow mufflers with some chrome tips from autozone, not bad. wasn't looking to spend a whole lot of money, total cost came up to $340. looks and sound great.
Attached Thumbnails New magnaflow exhaust mufflers (pics)-img_0032.jpg   New magnaflow exhaust mufflers (pics)-img_0033.jpg   New magnaflow exhaust mufflers (pics)-img_0034.jpg  

Last edited by 98cruiser; 02-20-11 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-20-11, 05:52 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks good. Any chance of exterior and interior sound clips?
Old 02-20-11, 06:55 PM
GLIDESUL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good but how loud is it. A guy around here has a 05 wit the same setup but it is insanely loud. He even tried to sell it to me but it was to loud.
Old 02-21-11, 12:22 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What model number muffler is that? And what spoiler do you have on your trunk?
Old 02-21-11, 12:52 AM
fergo308
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's just rear mufflers it shouldn't be much louder than stock. Looks nice.

Justin...
Old 02-21-11, 07:38 AM
98cruiser
Rookie

Default mufflers

Originally Posted by fergo308
If it's just rear mufflers it shouldn't be much louder than stock. Looks nice.

Justin...
Yes your right, they have a nice low deep pur to it, not loud at all, but louder than stock, but I also have a injen cold air intake installed to, that intake by it self makes the car sound like a HEMI when you have to floor it!! and the trunck spoiler I forgot how much I paid for it, but I got it on ebay, that was not expensive at all, If im not mistaken no more than $50 bucks, but now I have to put my 19" back on and i just bought my painted roof spoiler that I have to put on, Ill try and update on the pics
Old 02-21-11, 07:41 AM
McSwine
Driver

Sound clips, plz.
Old 02-21-11, 07:47 AM
98cruiser
Rookie

Default sound clip

Originally Posted by McSwine
Sound clips, plz.
McSwine if I do it, it wont be just the mufflers you hear, it will be a combo of cold air intake and Magnaflow muffler, let me know if that is what you really want to hear, I dont wont to send the wrong impression and they think the mufflers are loud when they are really not. let me know ill do if you guys want to hear them both!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-11, 08:16 AM
MrXerox
Rookie

Every magnaflow I have ever heard were loud, I would be interested in hearing them...
Old 02-21-11, 08:34 AM
98cruiser
Rookie

Default mufflers

Originally Posted by MrXerox
Every magnaflow I have ever heard were loud, I would be interested in hearing them...
yes, but are you referring to just mufflers, they have different model numbers, cause some people get it from the head down, with a gutted cat or x-pipe, or with out the resenator. you have to take into consideration for the type of car its on, every car has a different motor compression, therefore will create a different sound and air flow. What you have to do is listen to a certain model of magnaflow on an Ls430 with out any other changes, even an injen cold air will make a big difference in sound..........Guys correct me if im wrong (im not a machanic) just speaking from experience
Old 02-21-11, 09:44 AM
McSwine
Driver

Originally Posted by 98cruiser
McSwine if I do it, it wont be just the mufflers you hear, it will be a combo of cold air intake and Magnaflow muffler, let me know if that is what you really want to hear, I dont wont to send the wrong impression and they think the mufflers are loud when they are really not. let me know ill do if you guys want to hear them both!!!!!!!!!
I would like to hear what it sounded like as you are driving away, but do whatever is handy for you.
Old 02-21-11, 11:35 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks really nice on there and the spoiler too.
Old 02-25-11, 07:33 AM
Milan
Pole Position

That spoiler looks like a great alternative to the very pricey Wald spoiler. Any chance you can post a link to the auction or the seller where you picked it up? Did you have to have it painted? Muflers look great too. A mod I deffinitely want to do in the future. Would look even better with the 04-06 bumper with the cut-outs for the tips.
Old 02-25-11, 08:02 AM
98cruiser
Rookie

Default spoiler

Originally Posted by Milan
That spoiler looks like a great alternative to the very pricey Wald spoiler. Any chance you can post a link to the auction or the seller where you picked it up? Did you have to have it painted? Muflers look great too. A mod I deffinitely want to do in the future. Would look even better with the 04-06 bumper with the cut-outs for the tips.
just look on ebay the spoiler is on there all the time, very cheap too, JDM, VIP ect...... you are paying for the name and if you ask me, they are robbing the ***** out of us 430 owner, and they can because there is not a lot of companies out there to give them compition, some time I look at the prices for their product and just shake my head!!!! some products are worth it and most are not!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-11, 08:20 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

looks great!! but personally I would edit out the Tags man.

Quick Reply: New magnaflow exhaust mufflers (pics)