ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006-158/)
-   -   sway bar on ls 430? any reviews? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/563719-sway-bar-on-ls-430-any-reviews.html)

Lust4Lexus 08-06-12 05:08 AM

I just got mine from sewell, I only got a single bushing. Is this correct? it says it comes with "bushing(s)" Am i missing parts? I have an appointment son to have it installed and sewell is closed right now. can anybody verify?

caddyowner 08-06-12 05:33 AM

In this thread, I state I received bushings.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-handling.html

waijai 08-06-12 07:15 AM

damn this forum, just placed an order for this...LOL

Lust4Lexus 08-06-12 08:02 AM

I was able to precure another bushing from a local dealer. I'm having it put on my car as I type. Looking forward to it! Thanks Caddy!

caddyowner 08-06-12 09:21 AM

Is there any difference in the bushings between the standard v. sports edition?

Lust4Lexus 08-06-12 02:26 PM

My review.

Originally Posted by caddyowner (Post 7404601)

To be honest, They look the same. Maybe the new ones are slightly firmer. I can only judge by memory, because the old ones were left in my trunk. I wasn't able to do a side by side comparison.

The old bar was also left in my trunk. I have to say, I probably could not tell the difference between the two bars if side by side. Again, judging all by memory. I basically looked at the new bar for 2 min, before handing it over to the tech to put on.

However, I must say, A lot has come from that extra millimeter. The car no longer has its right rear fall back when turning left. It really does inspire a more sporty drive, and yes, I agree with the others, I do feel like driving another 10 MPH. I looked down at the speedo, only to find that I was doing close to 90. :p. The car's steering response it much improved. I'm liking it a lot. As another member had said, it feels like I upped the rear tires PSI by 6. Perfect way to put it. It holds well, without being harsh.

The improvement in the rear actually makes the front seem a *little* sluggish by comparison now. overall, yes, it is a worthwhile upgrade and I'm glad I did it. :woot:

caddyowner 08-07-12 07:35 AM

Glad it's working for you. If you want a vast change in handling, go test drive a new GS. I made that $60K mistake...

Lust4Lexus 08-07-12 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by caddyowner (Post 7406730)
Glad it's working for you. If you want a vast change in handling, go test drive a new GS. I made that $60K mistake...

Mistake? Surely your joking:p

BNR34 08-07-12 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by caddyowner (Post 7404601)

Same durometer, but the hole is 1mm larger.

I know now because my TRD bushing is higher durometer, it feels dramatically harder even in my hand.

caddyowner 08-07-12 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lust4Lexus (Post 7407089)
Mistake? Surely your joking:p

Well, it wasn't really a mistake, more of an overindulgence.

PureDrifter 08-09-12 08:13 PM

out of curiosity, anyone have any pics of the stock or sport bar, or a side-by-side?

BNR34 08-10-12 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by PureDrifter (Post 7413046)
out of curiosity, anyone have any pics of the stock or sport bar, or a side-by-side?

I don't have a pic, but they look identical, even if you are holding them both in your hand at the same time, you can't tell 1mm diameter with your eyes.

You can only tell 1mm with a caliper.

Lavrishevo 02-18-14 01:48 PM

Sports rear sway bar early review

Just installed this on my UL. Not sure if any others have written any reviews for this on the UL but I like it so far. Firms up the rear end and reduced bump steer and slightly less roll. Not a huge difference but I would estimate between 15 - 20 percent firmer. :thumbup:

48812-50130 for the bar
48818-50020 for the sports bushings

Edit:

I just got back from a 5 mile drive on the highway and one of the most positive effects is the reducing in what I call highway rear sway. Given the UL's with air suspension ride different vs the standard shock, I would notice that in normal mode the rear end would tend to sway a little back and forth under certain conditions. For instance, if the highway has some uneven wearing between the two areas the tires are riding on is when you would feel this motion. It is now almost non existent! I'm really happy with this simple OEM mod. :)

Marklouis 02-18-14 02:15 PM

Looking foward to doing this mod for mine, seems like all results are positive! I will post pics and close up of both bars.

Lavrishevo 02-18-14 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Marklouis (Post 8387417)
Looking foward to doing this mod for mine, seems like all results are positive! I will post pics and close up of both bars.

They look identical to the naked eye but if you put a bushing around the new one vs the old you will notice the difference in thickness.