LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

I give up - how to remove Low Tire Warning from 2004 LS430

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-10, 07:06 AM
gharnden
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found Information

I found another thread that not only answered my questions but even had a picture. Thanks, but I have my answer.
Old 12-15-10, 09:09 AM
Moogy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, it's obvious and labeled, but you'll need to slide under the drivers side and look up from the floor area as it is nearly vertical to the floor - you simply cannot see it any other way.

The button is labeled TIRE. Simply note which one it is (next to SMART) and turn the car on, wait until it's all "booted up" and the Low Tire warning is showing, then reach down and hold that button down until the low tire light disappears.

(oops - saw the above after this - go ahead and post the link in your EMail so others can see as well - thanks!)
Old 12-16-10, 07:14 AM
milesdf
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Button is under the dash just above the driver's right knee. Set back about 5 to 8 inches from your dash panel.
Old 05-20-20, 05:15 PM
shouldibuy
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I'm going a little crazy dealing my tire pressure light.

The other day I had all the wheels off the car, and the spare was out as well. Changed the brakes, rotated the tires. Went for a long drive and got a tire light. Assumed it had something to do with rotating the tires, as all the tires looked fine. Reset the light using the button under the dash. Came home, filled all the tires to the same pressure. Also the spare, which I put back in the trunk. Next day went for a drive. Tire light came on. I reset it after looking at the tires and not seeing anything off. Assumed it had something to do with putting the spare back in the car. Next day, went for a drive. Light comes on again. Now I'm assuming the batteries are starting to die in the sensors. But I go out this morning and find that the front passenger tire is totally flat. Okay. Pull the wheel, check for a hole. I find the hole and plug it. Refill with air, make sure all the tires are the same. Leave it an hour, check again. Reset the light. Go for a drive. Light comes on again. Pull over and check--I assume the plug failed. It didn't--the tire looks fine. Come home, check the air pressure. All tires are perfect, including the spare.

At this point I really don't know what's going on.

(edit: it looks like this car doesn't use sensors in the wheel. which is interesting. maybe i need to do the initialization instead of a simple reset?)

Last edited by shouldibuy; 05-20-20 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-20-20, 05:40 PM
430SLOwner
Instructor

Received 206 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by shouldibuy
So I'm going a little crazy dealing my tire pressure light.

The other day I had all the wheels off the car, and the spare was out as well. Changed the brakes, rotated the tires. Went for a long drive and got a tire light. Assumed it had something to do with rotating the tires, as all the tires looked fine. Reset the light using the button under the dash. Came home, filled all the tires to the same pressure. Also the spare, which I put back in the trunk. Next day went for a drive. Tire light came on. I reset it after looking at the tires and not seeing anything off. Assumed it had something to do with putting the spare back in the car. Next day, went for a drive. Light comes on again. Now I'm assuming the batteries are starting to die in the sensors. But I go out this morning and find that the front passenger tire is totally flat. Okay. Pull the wheel, check for a hole. I find the hole and plug it. Refill with air, make sure all the tires are the same. Leave it an hour, check again. Reset the light. Go for a drive. Light comes on again. Pull over and check--I assume the plug failed. It didn't--the tire looks fine. Come home, check the air pressure. All tires are perfect, including the spare.

At this point I really don't know what's going on.

(edit: it looks like this car doesn't use sensors in the wheel. which is interesting. maybe i need to do the initialization instead of a simple reset?)
Don't know if this may help but saw it on TPMS forum:

Lexus LS 430 TPMS Reset ProcedureRelearn Code: LEX-2

Relearn Procedures:

1. Inflate all tires to pressure indicated on tire placard.
2. Turn ignition to ON position (engine off).
3. Hold down tire pressure warning reset switch until Pressure Initial indicator is displayed.
4. Vehicle will have to be driven at speeds above 19mph to complete initialization.

*A properly formatted scan tool is required to learn new sensor IDs when replacing sensors.

**Vehicle may be equipped with a Main/2nd switch located at base of driver side knee bolster, underneath glove box, or inside glove box. Sensor IDs must be written to the position the switch is pressed.
Old 05-21-20, 03:16 AM
rkw77080
Lexus Champion

Received 675 Likes on 462 Posts

Yes, what 430LSOwner said...