ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006-158/)
-   -   My first mod! (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/530327-my-first-mod.html)

Lust4Lexus 10-12-10 10:40 AM

My first mod!

I have an appointment for the 21st of this month to have some Huper Optik 40 ceramic tint put on my baby. I am having it done by Tom Kovach of "the Art of Tint" here in NY. Supposedly he is one of the best tinters around. I'm so excited to see Lexie with some makeup! Yes I will post pics. I went with Huper so there would be no question about quality or perfomance. I only want to do this once. 40, I think will be proper for the Lexus. Don't want to draw to much unneeded attention to the car, and want more of a straight ray ban sunglasses look for her- not a "I must be a bad guy" look to it. Can't wait!!:woohoo:

ThaWatcha 10-12-10 11:42 AM

hahah sweet, stoked for you man.

Stu 10-12-10 11:51 AM

I have owned a more than average number of cars for someone my age, lol
I'm 54, and my LS is the first car I've had tint on ...

IMO, don't go too dark, it's hard to see out at night, plus it looks gangster with
dark tint.

JLAWS 10-12-10 11:52 AM

Don't want to draw to much unneeded attention to the car, and want more of a straight ray ban sunglasses look for her- not a "I must be a bad guy" look to it.

I know what you are saying. You don't want the drug dealer or hood look :) 40% may look dark if you have black interior.

I decided to pass on tinting my car. I want the "corporate look." Just keep it mainly stock, regularly detailed with subtle mods. I am pretty much the youngest home owner in a relatively nice neighborhood so I definately don't want to draw any attention.

CarGuy89 10-12-10 12:06 PM

good stuff! tint on a black car = boss!:thumbup:

sojah 10-12-10 12:31 PM

if you are not doing anything wrong why does it matter if you draw attention to yourself¿¿¿ :D

i pay my taxes all 28% of them :D

Jabberwock 10-12-10 04:28 PM

JMHO - state of the art in the craft of cool is being so cool that absolutely no one notices (except for your fellow Jedi). And that applies to lots of stuff in your life like cars, watches, clothes, etc. I certainly aspire to that coolness level but I am no where near it...and will never get there - unfortunately I'm just too much of a putz.

Jabberwock 10-12-10 04:56 PM

btw - I think some tint on an LS430 is very cool just so long as its not over done. Its great that you are going with high quality tint.

chris81964 10-12-10 05:35 PM

I have a tint on mine and it looks great. Good luck and enjoy.

Vpanin 10-12-10 10:59 PM

Any car looks great with tint to me. It gives it that beautiful look like in the commercials.

Lust4Lexus 10-22-10 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
SO I got the Huper ESC 45, it is slightly more reflective. It has a better heat rejection than the standard Huper. It is still cloudy and needs time to cure. Unfortunately the iphone does not take great pictures, and apeture of the camera has a hard time adjusting to surrounding light, therefore the tint looks MUCH less reflective in real life. The picture shown does not give the tint justice at all! I will try to take better pics with my nikon. It is very similar to the look of an S550. Not dark, but a little reflective. with the 01-06 LS, it looks correct. I dont know about other cars pulling it off though. Don't trust this preliminary picture- the car looks very mirror like even though in real life it is more of a smokey shiny. It is so hard to take photos of tint- angles are everything it seems.

Lust4Lexus 10-22-10 08:14 PM

Okay- flash phtography owns me

4 Attachment(s)
You get the idea- of how it looks otherwise. Iphone=FAIL. Here are a few better shots of the film in my garage. I tired my best to preserve how it really looks but i'm not a pro photgrapher. I will also take some day shots with my Nikon as well

fergo308 10-23-10 03:22 AM

Looks nice mate. My '04 is tinted as well,although not with a reflective film. If it didn't have tint already one it when I bought it,I would likely have gone for a reflective film. You need tint here in Sydney,we have a serious ozone hole directly above us,you burn inside an hour without major sunscreen on these days. If you do any serious mileage,you have to have tint or you suffer.

Justin...