LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Flint Mica LS430s

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-10, 02:49 AM
fergo308
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta love the Flint mica. I'm eyeing off something similar at a local dealer, '04 model with all the fruit. Just need to wait a few more weeks and it will hopefully be mine.

Justin...
Old 09-14-10, 04:30 AM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^good stuff! Do they sell these as a Lexus LS or a Toyota Celsior in Aus? Be sure to post up some pics
Old 09-14-10, 06:36 AM
kg19989
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Celsior... interesting... I say a Toyota badged LS when I was in Nassau this summer and was wondering about it.
Old 09-14-10, 07:39 AM
mewhee
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kg19989
people must drool when they drive by and see those two in your garage! Nice cars.
Thx for the kind words, Keith -

The interesting thing is, and as others have pointed out in other threads, the pictures don't do justice to the actual colors when seen live. The Flint Mica is almost breathtaking in its beauty while the Millennium Silver / Mercury Metallic actually shimmer in bright light. There's a depth to the paint which a camera just can't capture.

As to people drooling, and truth be known here in Orange County, they're pretty common (some call Lexus and Mercedes "Newport Fords") so there's very little 'auto envy'.

Good driving -

Will and the Fur Crew
Old 09-14-10, 08:01 AM
fergo308
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CarGuy89
^good stuff! Do they sell these as a Lexus LS or a Toyota Celsior in Aus? Be sure to post up some pics
Cheers.

They're badged as a Lexus Ls430 here,same as in the US. I'll post pics once I own it. Just sold a house and need to wait for the settlement cheque before I can pick the car up,as the dealer unfortunately won't hold it with a deposit for as long as I need.
Fingers crossed noone else buys it in the meantime. There are only two others like it for sale in the whole country atm...

Justin...
Old 12-31-10, 03:34 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to revive my old thread, but I was just cleaning out the interior of my car thought I'd add some pics (beats starting a new thread right?). Not a big party person, this is the highlight of my winter break
Attached Thumbnails Flint Mica LS430s-315.jpg   Flint Mica LS430s-316.jpg   Flint Mica LS430s-317.jpg  
Old 12-31-10, 04:09 PM
fergo308
Pole Position

Nice.

I washed mine a couple of days ago. Unfortunately,it's gotten tree sap on it this morning... Which I discovered when I went out to take this pic.
Looks like I'll be washing it again today...

I've treated the car to some aftermarket 18's,and new numberplates over the last couple of months. More to come this year,Bilstein coilovers,and exhaust and stereo upgrades are on the list.

Justin...

Last edited by fergo308; 02-23-11 at 12:07 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-31-10, 04:19 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

We had a high of 53 today so the LS got vacuumed and had a bath in the driveway. (The Subie had to go to the carwash to get all the mud and salt off the underside.)
Old 12-31-10, 05:20 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Nice stuff, makin me want to jump on my pc and put up a pic or 2. Most recent mod is that I changed out my hid bulbs from 6k to 3k.

Almost forgot, go FSU!!!
Old 01-01-11, 12:34 AM
kenttz
Driver School Candidate

I really love the Flint Mica with black interior color combo, which is what I am looking into buying soon.

Originally Posted by sojah
Most recent mod is that I changed out my hid bulbs from 6k to 3k.
I hope those were the fog lights and not your low beam since 3000k is yellow and would be annoying to be seeing that in my rear view mirror lol.
Old 01-01-11, 08:14 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

^ ^ ^ yeah you were correct, i guess i shouldn't be drinking and posting for a lack of clarity, or hungover and posting to correct my original mistakes... the fogs were upgraded to hid's and then i changed out the bulbs last week from 6k to 3k cuz my little sis got me some 3k bulbs for christmas...

not the best pics but here you go:

Last edited by sojah; 01-01-11 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-01-11, 09:33 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by fergo308
I've treated the car to some aftermarket 18's,and new numberplates over the last couple of months. More to come this year,Bilstein coilovers,and exhaust and stereo upgrades are on the list
Car is looking awesome Justin, can't wait to see the future mods!

Originally Posted by caddyowner
We had a high of 53 today so the LS got vacuumed and had a bath in the driveway. (The Subie had to go to the carwash to get all the mud and salt off the underside.)
Yes it has been unusually warm here hasn't it? Went outside today without a jacket on, needless to say the LS got a bath from the local touchless wash

Almost forgot, go FSU!!!
You mean go MSU right? (yeah I know, their performance wasn't the best today...)

Originally Posted by kenttz
I really love the Flint Mica with black interior color combo, which is what I am looking into buying soon.
Great to hear, I love this combo. The flint mica is a bit high maintenance, but it's all worth it once she's clean! And...who doesn't love rich, shiny black leather?

the fogs were upgraded to hid's and then i changed out the bulbs last week from 6k to 3k cuz my little sis got me some 3k bulbs for christmas...
Looks sweet! I've always wanted to make DRLs nice HIDs (instead of that weak yellowish light) but found out the process was a bit more involved than I had hoped. How do you get the fogs to run without the actual headlights? I love the parking lights/low beam look just as it's getting dark.
Old 01-02-11, 12:17 AM
fergo308
Pole Position

SOJAH: I think I'll be doing that to my driving lights as well,looks great,and would likely throw out a much stronger beam. Thanks for the pics.

CARGUY: Cheers dude. if you're interested,the wheels are G corporation Luftbahn's in 18x9" +21 all 'round. The std sport package rims are now sitting in my garage as spares,or in case I sell the car sometime.
I couldn't help myself with the custom rego plates...they were available,and only add $90/year to my rego fees...

I've also added a few LED globes to the car,swapping the front park lights for some 8SMD T10's,and adding some others to the interior,but they're not realy worth taking pics of. I've done the four door courtesy lights,and the main room light up front so far. Will get around to the puddle lights and rear lights at some point. Might even try and get some aftermarket LED tails out of japan.

As for running the fogs and no low beams,you should be able to switch them on with just your park lights on. Works that way on my car,and everything Japanese I've owned in the past that had factory driving/fog lights.

Not trying to brag or anything,but I do think we have the best colour combo that the car came out with. next best would be the silver with black IMHO. I don't see a heap of 430's on the road here,but the majority on the 2nd hand market are the champagne/tan combo and I wouldn't be caught dead in one with that scheme. It just screams old age pensioner. My missus digs me occasionally with calling the car I drive now 'the old man's car',I'd never hear the end of it if I'd bought one in champagne. Being in my mid 30's,I'm getting a bit old for sports cars,but aren't quite in the usual demographic for a 430 just yet...

Talking weather,ours has been crazy.. 20deg c and raining one day,and 36deg c and sunny the next. It was almost 30deg c this morning when I was out working on the missus' pathfinder,and now that I've just had dinner,it's cooled right down,and is raining...

Justin...
Old 01-02-11, 04:56 AM
KENBAKER12
Driver School Candidate

I Just got mine 3 weeks ago, Flint Mica with Black leather. Mine has the 18" wheels, radar cruise control, double pained glass, Nav, parking sensors..... I dotn remember the name for it but its the package just under the Ultra. This is my fourth LS. I havent owned one for three years, never realizing how much I enjoy them. Nice to see such enthusiasm for these cars.
Attached Thumbnails Flint Mica LS430s-63506_1794623302768_1155254138_32200859_2727638_n.jpg  
Old 01-02-11, 05:46 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KENBAKER12
I Just got mine 3 weeks ago, Flint Mica with Black leather. Mine has the 18" wheels, radar cruise control, double pained glass, Nav, parking sensors..... I dotn remember the name for it but its the package just under the Ultra. This is my fourth LS. I havent owned one for three years, never realizing how much I enjoy them. Nice to see such enthusiasm for these cars.
Welcome back, prodigal son. So, that's what my Custom Luxury would look like in a warmer climate? Looking good!

Quick Reply: Flint Mica LS430s