Cheap repair for rear center subwoofer - Page 4 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Cheap repair for rear center subwoofer

Old 08-07-13, 07:40 PM
rhwimmers
Driver

Not sure why...but my sub which sounded AWFUL magically fixed itself and its bumpin hard again! I start to attempt to take my rear seat out to get to the sub and gave up - tried to find info online on how to do so, no luck...now a week or so later it sounds great. Really strange as it definitely sounds like the cone has separated.
Old 05-09-15, 03:11 AM
lexusauto
Driver School Candidate

Just remove the speaker, remove surround. Remove dust cap. Make sure you shim the voice coil, Install surround, Install new dust cap, Perfect every time.
Old 08-11-17, 04:07 AM
Maltrix
Rookie

Getting ready to this repair myself. Got the foam and glue ready. Is removing the speaker really nessesary? Seem I can do the job with just the grill off(the plastic circle that surrounds the sub came off too, looks P.O. tried to glue it on at some point)
Old 08-21-17, 07:04 AM
boggie557
Driver School Candidate

I replaced my subwoofer with a Kicker brand. I swear it sounds better than the original ML and you should be able to find one for less than $200.00 dollars.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: